What's new

Vitality, Flo and CBD led and cfl organic grow

jenery

45 days flowering

45 days flowering

Hello to all of you dear plant lovers and thank you Mr. Alkaline, today i snapped some photos while watering the plants, so here we come:

CBD in all her beauty

CBD bud and trapped fly in the second macro

here is living mulch growing with the Finola, onion in front, tomato, mapacho and calea zacatechichi last, far behind sutherlandia

Vitality and Flo in next posts

jenery

Flo getting to the finish line

Flo getting to the finish line

Flo

almost there, couple of weeks and she is done, getting fatter as well :woohoo:

Vitality next

jenery

Vitality

Vitality

Vitality is really getting big fat colas now

and all together, right down in the corner is courgette and chillies doing fine as well, lol

that is all for tonight, nice dreams everybody :tiphat:

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
doesnt seem like much 'fall colors' but the nugs are looking more and more ready

are these strains which don't senesce much?

jenery

Hello xmobotx, the senescence with the cbd plants i had last time was very nice, this time the cbd girl stays green throughout her life, she did not lose more than 4/5 fan leaves, even if she has thrips. The Vitality is having burned leaves, but she had feeding problems already earlier, maybe my mix was too hot for her needs in some way. The Flo is all green throughout her life as well, but she was neglected for a long period with no room for the roots to stretch until she showed her sex. All in all i have few theories that are more related to the environment mainly.
First of all is the humidity and temperature. Last grow was throughout the winter, the temperatures were often under 20C degrees, humidity was very high later on in the flowering phase. This grow the temperatures are much higher, even in the night now they stay around 21/22C degrees, during the day time it can do as high as 26/27C degrees. The humidity stays around 45-60% max...
Secondly, the photoperiod i am implementing this grow is 11on/13off, that could be a factor in some way too.
Another thing is the CBD and Flo are both much closer to the cfl bulb because Vitality takes all the place under the led light. So different angle and spectrum for those two compared to Vitality.
I cannot do too much about the temperatures, even if i would love to lower it down, maybe i could go down now to 10on/14off lighting schedule. Another method for me to attempt to induce senescence would be watering with cold water, but i do not want to stun the roots...
To tell the truth, I should try to think about ways to induce some colouring in the ladies and maybe when Flo and CBD are done (that should be pretty soon, just when the seeds will mature I will take them down) I will switch off the cfl light and leave the led light only in the red mode, cutting the hours to 10 during the day. At least it could make Vitality produce more cannabinoids and terpenes in the trichomes, last round the CBD plants got really frosty like that in the end.
That's it, too many factors involved for us to ever know for sure the real reasons, but i am still hoping for some aging colours showing up soon. Hope this made any sense, thanks for posting and bye now.

Last edited:

jenery

Half a century in flower mode

Half a century in flower mode

Good evening to all of you dear friends, here is day 50 update. Last two times i watered with plain water, Flo and CBD should be near their maturity. Here are the photos, CBD first.

CBD lady, smells citrusy and grapey, lots of seeds look ready

CBD buds

Finola harvested hanging and what is left, covered with silver mold/virus/web?

Flo next...

jenery

Flo putting weight on

Flo putting weight on

Flo, fatter and lots of trichomes everywhere, fruity and spicy smells blending

Flo buds

Flo plus CBD posing together

Vitality in the next one

jenery

Vitality 50 days in flower

Vitality 50 days in flower

Vitality has burned leaves, but i have been observing new calyxes forming, she is getting really fat colas and the smells are rosy and strawberry like sweet, very nice and pungent, just great.

Vit buds

Great plant for sure, cannot wait to see her ready... Well that's all for now folks, nice dreams and have a great life!

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
... just great...
...Great plant for sure,...
And seed from 'that one' should produce a dominant ratio of similarly 'great' offspring,
-That's what i believe.
And that's one of the measures I think, of a well done hybrid strain.
...One that doesn't lose it's valuable base characters in a majority of progeny for/til, at least/or beyond, 3 or more incross lots.

Thx Jenery. Awesome.

Now let's see some purple tips on some calyxes I'm thinking.
There should be some coloration despite the present environmental circumstances.
Take care.

jenery

day 54 of flower update

day 54 of flower update

Welcome all to my grow journal, today I will show you how the ladies are doing in the late bloom phase. First of all, the conditions in the grow cabinet are much different to my last grow, it is summer time here already and the temperatures mirror that, during lights on it is as much as 28C degrees. Lights off it stays over 20 as well. This and some nute burn or deficiency has made Vitality to foxtail. No problem for me, maybe Mr. Alkaline can offer some insight as if the strain has this tendency or it is just this hot environment that brought that up.

So just to switch it from normal order, here is Vitality, seeded bud first.

Macros with foxtail

more in next post...

jenery

CBD

CBD

CBD buds with seeds peeking out from the calyxes

CBD and CBD bud

and all together from top

So the Flo and CBD plants were defoliated a little over the last 3 days, just to get more light to the buds. They are still very green, even though Flo branches and buds are infested with some strange translucent green, grey and brown sap drinking little suckers and CBD has visible signs on leaves of thrips. The senescence is not happening, another factor could be even the new improved soil i made for this grow. Well they got just water with unrefined sugar today, Vitality's soil was still moist so i did not water her. Will be checking their trichomes for ripeness, would like to harvest Flo and CBD around day 65, just to be sure the seeds are mature. Vitality will then be left alone for as long as she will need, hopefully packing up some additional weight and foxtails, hehe. Thanks for watching and take care, bye now.

Last edited:

Mr. Alkaline

ICMag Donor
Veteran
... maybe Mr. Alkaline can offer some insight as if the strain has this tendency or it is just this hot environment that brought that up.
Look at the large node spaces:) ....yes....these lines foxtail the last week.
...The lines which made up the strain called Vitality (Kalimist and Flo)
They also should color-up in the last 2 weeks....because it was the red pigmented phenos on both sides which made it up. ;)

-But not just red plants, but the best red ones we could find.
-These parents potentially connect or genetically 'agree' on certain trait dominances, if indeed there is, some sort of underlying ancestral heritages, which they may share, in common.

^That's the real excitement I have for this strain, Vitality..specifically...the F2 and beyond.

This thread has become an excellent, shining example of what was intended and hoped for in the New Strain. The stars aligned just right when this certain F2 lot was made and became readily available, to the members here in this community.

...Granted.....There's still some indica genes which will be seen, here and there, but for the most part, these particular F2 seem to 'want to' side more with the special sativa genes that have a real desire to 'push on to the front'

And now, it was the love of a Moderator(S_a_H), who stepped up and decided to make these said F2, which went up non-profit, to the icmag server fund @ seedbay, so that we could all profit. And it was then too, Dj Short who had inspired all these phenos into us, before we went to make the satrain, Vitality, hence the dedication therein, to Dj Short. We wanted rose scented american sativa leaners....we wanted the stuff he wrote about in his Book....exceptional cannabis....

Mr. Alkaline

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jenery...hey...
If u don't mind, can I include one of your Vitality pics in the ic strainguide ????

jenery

Day 60

Day 60

Hello all, lots of photos today, hope you will all enjoy.

Not at all Mr. Alkaline, would be honored, take your pick, here is today's update.

Vitality getting heavy, branches bending, looks soooo yummy

Vitality buds

more in the next post

jenery

Flo

Flo

Flo plus CBD

Flo

The state of the closet, mapachos exploded recently...

So the girls are progressing well, today i checked the CBD trichomes and i am leaning to harvest in 3 days, there were some amber gland heads i could see under the loupe. The Vitality just recently started yet another growth spur, adding weight to the buds and the colas are too heavy now, lol. Flo is filling up more as well, have to check her better to determine harvest day, cannot be long.
The smells are divine nowadays, CBD is intense citrusy/grapey and Vitality is sweet fruity like strawberry a little, hard to describe, but the rose perfume is almost gone now, God only knows how she will smell like after cure. Wish you all the best and next update will be with the CBD girl hanging and drying, take care and bye.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its hard keeping those Vitality happy but your getting close to harvest time.

:tiphat:

jenery

CBD harvest day 63

CBD harvest day 63

Good evening everybody, today I took down the CBD lady, heavily seeded and not growing any new calyxes, hairs brown and mostly milky heads, some amber too. Here are some photos:

Here is Flo

Vitality and drying photo in the next post

jenery

Vitality

Vitality

Vitality

I cut off two seeded branches as well

here is all the harvest from today, seeded buds hanging all around

So I am very happy right now, my seed run seems to yield in abundance. The Vitality and Flo continue under the flowering mode only from now on. The Flo is pretty much finished as well and it will be day to day from now on. Even Vitality seems almost done, will check her thoroughly again soon. Thanks for watching and have great time, bye now.

Latest posts

Latest posts