What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Violeta

lolos

Positive side of violeta! i wanted to avoid the malawi pheno because i didn't want the long flowering but now it seems i got a very PCK dominant pheno which is ofcourse nice (colours, smell and resistancy to elements) but i wanted a hybrid! maybe i'll have better luck next year :)

Here is a short glimpse of whats going on. 3 weeks into flowering. Buds are a bit small due to heavy rain in the past 4 weeks+very low temperatures.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74658&pictureid=1784514&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74658&pictureid=1784513&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74658&pictureid=1784515&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74658&pictureid=1784516&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Hello how low are your temperatures?

Here is another purple violeta. Coldest temp is 16C at nights.

Bleiweis

Veteran
Temperatures are very low this year...at night 2-3 degrees. But currently its 20 degrees during the day and about 7-8 degrees at night! PCK phenos show deep purple colours regardless of temperature. Your pheno doesnt look like the deep purple one!

My violeta has been heavily infested with fungus so i've removed all of the infected leaves. That means that she basicaly doesn't have any leaves left. In the next days i will see if she recovers...beeing defoliated during flowering and attacked by fungues seems too much to make a comeback.

P.S. : at least the weather turned for the better. Its sunny and RH is currently bellow 50% which should stop fungus spores from germinating and spreading forward.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's a couple of my Violeta's in 5 gallon pots.
The first one is the more common (to me) purple color, and the second one is green. Both plants were started at the same time and fed and watered the same. The 3rd pic is of the two together but I'm not sure if you can tell the difference in color, the purple is on the right, green on left.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72936&pictureid=1785449&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72936&pictureid=1785450&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=72936&pictureid=1785451&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Great job BeaverIslander :)

Your 2 Violetas look great, very close to the Purple Malawi mother, but much faster thanks to the PCK influence. The pic of them on the beach is inspiring :D God, i need holidays!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My first lady was chopped today...

They all started flowering late july or early August.

This is my first lady which was chopped today, 2 weeks ago.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74253&pictureid=1785444&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

None of my Purple Violetas got purple leaves like the guys before. Only purple buds. Wonder if the leaves go purple with cold temperatures or is it genetic.

Still one of the prettiests plant.

Hi lolos :)

Congrats on the harvest of your first Violeta :dance013:

You are right, Violeta finishes most of the times with green color in the leaves, even in flowering with cold temps, but her flowers always have that violetta color, more or less intensified by the low temps and outdoors thermal amplitude.

Enjoy your Violeta harvest! :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
lolos, Very nice looking bud your holding. I regret not having a Violeta in my grow this season. Last season my Violeta was taken out in a small hail storm. I only lost the one plant so I was happy in the end. Hope the rest of your grow goes very well. Peace

G

Sheer beauty Beaver Islander!From what I can see I would say 2 weeks at least but you have a better picture for sure.Good luck with finishing!:tiphat:

Bleiweis

Veteran
Hey Koondense,

thanks for asking! My violeta is on the brink of death or something similar. As you said i defoliated her and also sprayed her with hydrogen peroxide. Those two things did stop the fungus down a little bit but i guess i was too late.

The buds stopped growing in lenght and only gained some weight and thats it! They're not all that super sticky...i guess i really stunned her during the process. Too bad! Anyways- i'll let her go a couple days more and then thats that! Her hairs are almost all orange despite flowering for only 4 weeks :( she does smell nice tho!

If fungus wouldn't attack her...she'd be a really pretty and nice yielding lady. Maybe next year!

Photo 1 and 2 show the status before and after defoliaton.

picture.php

View image in gallery

Bleiweis

Veteran
I chopped Violeta a couple of days ago. Because of intensive defoliation she went into rippening mode before fully inflating her buds. Around day 40 of flowering there were no more white pistils which led me to a decision to cut her down.
I've had a PCK pheno so all of the buds are dark purple. Smell is very PCKish (forest fruits, lavender...) with a hint of sativa spiciness. My wild guess would be that the high will also be very PCK influenced. I'll report about that later on!

Some thoughts about the grow experience...
I wanted to pick a Violeta pheno so i discarded the taller and lankier pheno which i though was more Malawi influenced. Later on i found out that i've picked a typical PCK pheno which was very pleasant to look at but wasn't exactly up to my taste. I do a lot of training with my plants so they have to be easy to bend- this one was anything but that. Branches were really hard and growth was rather slow. Leaves were big and thick- indica like. At extreme angles i snapped off multiple branches so that wasn't that good. Comparing to NepJam, KC and PurpleMex she had a hard time keeping up in terms of growth and fight for more sun- so she was the smallest in my garden. I think i will give violeta a third chance to prove that she's got those hybrid qualities. I was looking for a vigorous and a sturdy plant...all PCK hybrids fitted those criteria so far. Botrytis was almost non existent but she was attacked by some other fungues which messed up her growth.

I sampled a premature bud i've cut off at about 5 weeks of flowering. The experience wasn't bad at all! The bud tasted pleasant and the high was of medium strenght- which suits me a lot. It was a hybrid type high...first there was some tingling sensation and increased awarness and then the cozy-warm-body experience kicked in. I'll see in which direction this develops with some curing.

Anyways...i have to say that im satisfied with my Violeta experience considering what she went through. 1 month of constant rain, positioned in the shade of her bigger sativa sisters and attacked by fungus- but she still managed to provide a tasty product!

Thorongil

My 4 Violetas are currently in veg, indoor, 2 months, 24/0, 2 boys and 2 girls. I'm planning to make f2s. But one boy autoflowered. I don't have experience with autoflowering plants and male plants in general. This boy have a very big balls, not much of them but one or two between nodes, from top to the bottom of the plant. Balls are not in clusters like grapes, just one or two on each node. As plants are under 24/0 I guesses that this means autoflowering. No pistils on this one. This boy have balls for one month now and i'm little bit scared that pollen will get somehow to flowering room (in another room in my apartment) and sex two f2 Panamas in late flowering.

This two boys I'm planning to sex with 2 MalawiXPanama fems too.

Please can you advise me what to do with this male, does autoflowering is happening in PCK or Malawi? Is it useful trait? Does this trait will be passed on f2s on all progeny or just in some ratio?

I never had autoflowering plant, I'm old school grower, Overgrow kid, and just want to make seeds to preserve genetics for future.

Thorongil

From 4 Violetas that i germinated, 3 are boys. I love how resistant they are. I'm too busy last months and can not take care for the plants. They are under 24/0. I am just watering them. No signs of major deficiencies. But they are little bit rootbound and flowering.

picture.php

G

Some pics of my Violeta freebies from the good folks at Ace Seeds!! Started 5 that broke dirt 9/25 and ended up with 3/5. Had 1 that just didn't seem to want to play and the other was a male. Wish I'd flowered the boy out and made some F2s! I have 5 more so maybe next round. These 3 are just short of 4 weeks flower along with 3 other plants, in 5 gal HD buckets.

1 of the VLT girls is already showing great color and reminds me of some PCKs I've grown in the past except a more purple hue than red. The other 2 girls take after the Purp Malawi side, I'm guessing. All 3 have shown lots of vigor and no problems at all. Just thinking that the tallest is gonna need bending over before all said and done.

Violeta...#2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

All 3 Violetas...Front right, left and center

picture.php

I'm sure my low night temps are making the color more intense and earlier than might otherwise happen. Probably slowing down the growth too, but not much. These are starting to throw off some aroma but can't tell enough to give a description yet.

Last edited:
G

Looking gorgeous bro!

Thanks TT, I'm very surprised at the number of bud sites and what appears to be a heavier yeilding plant, at least at this point, barely 4 weeks since 12/12 flip. Ace description says she's an average yeilder but this example looks pretty fat at this point considering lights are 15 years old and just 400 watts HPS, meant to be used for warehouse lighting.

Latest posts

Latest posts