What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Colombian

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This some beautiful Malawi (ACE) F2 that has been my favorite ever since I first tried it. The Malawi thrives here in the cloud forest of Zipacon. I spent 22 months living there making selections from hundreds of plants. We grew them only with on site made compost and dry amendments. No fertilizer, pesticides, fungicides or chemicals of any kind. Sun flowered.

red rider
IMG_20211111_103214.jpg
IMG_20211111_132344.jpg
IMG_20211111_104014.jpg

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man would
Red rider

Brother I’m very happy to see you active . I hope the ball is rolling uphill in this new year and things are well with you and your family

I’ve visited Colombia twice is in the last years . Beautiful people , country and culture. My lady comes from periera , it would be nice to visit your finca in boyaca in the future . Please let us know when things are up and running

Next I’m very curious . Is it legal for 20 plants to be grown per household or per person in Colombia ?

Last but most importantly, are you still growing that Punto Rojo and what other strains of yesteryear have you collected or what still survives from 60-70’s ?

I’m happy to see things looking up for you

Much respect
1l
Hey buddy, so good to hear from you. Man when you're in Colombia contact me. I'm working on a few little projects as well as a few of my own. Lots of old school stuff from here and other tropical regions. I'm hoping my buddy gets his canna B&B business going this year to host good people wanting a taste of the past. PM me for more information if you like.

red rider
This some beautiful Malawi (ACE) F2 that has been my favorite ever since I first tried it. The Malawi thrives here in the cloud forest of Zipacon. I spent 22 months living there making selections from hundreds of plants. We grew them only with on site made compost and dry amendments. No fertilizer, pesticides, fungicides or chemicals of any kind. Sun flowered.

red rider View attachment 18802601 View attachment 18802602 View attachment 18802600

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
PEA evaluation, it was at this point I realized commodity cannabis was not my thing. I was all caught up in the process and found no pleasure in working with this many plants. So many people involved and rules and regulations (some just pure bullshit that made me very argunentive) cameras and basically it wasn't. Most of the "professionals" I worked with had max 2 or 3 years experience with cannabis and I had no tolerance to their changing my basic cultivation tactics. So that was my one and only PEA evaluation, good learning experience I guess.
IMG_20211009_083805.jpg

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some more PEA pictures, I was kind of happy with the tactic and quantifications (lab). I had a vague idea about the harvest but the engineer completely disregarded my instructions on the drying area. They built a tiny airtight room and put electric heaters in it. Dispite my complaints they cut the plants (two weeks late) and shoved them into the oven as I called it. It seems that the evaluation plants had to be destroyed after samples were taken. I still couldn't stand watching them ruin all my work. But they overdried it then weighed it and some government dudes packed it all up like it was radioactive or something and took it off. To me it seemed not only a stupid waste (time money) but also an insult to me and my very special plants. I hope someone changes some of these redundant rules.

red rider
IMG_20210730_105903.jpg

IMG_20210912_114910.jpg

IMG_20221023_122130.jpg

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fuck that boring polyhybrid shit. Save the sativas! Liberate the landraces!
There's no "commercial" market for sativa or any interest. I grow tropical varieties for myself but nobody is interested but me. First it cbd (nonpsycoactive) so worked a few years developing a narrow leaf "hemp" plant like no other here. But boring work for me so I privately kept working with my sativa. What gets me is all the indoor growers here, I can't imagine living in Colombia south America and growing under a light bulb in hydro. I do understand it's about selling product but even a simpleton like me knows the Colombian sun is superior to a bulb. Anyway I'm retire in about 18 months and focus just on my plants.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Times are changing and I'm pretty sure recreational sales will be legal in Colombia soon, maybe this year. I'm expecting stores or dispenserys similar to legal outlets in the USA. But I hope some people here and I think there already are, that want to offer pure sun grown Colombian mountain sativa. I understand the marketing point of labratory quantifications but I hope real people will see through that. Anyway I do encourage the few younger Colombian growers I know here to grow and refine none imported varieties and even give them seed. Some get it but still even here people want the new trendy stuff and that's cool. It's going to be interesting to
watch how Colombia "legalizes" recreational sales. I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would be wild to see Authentic Sun-Dried Colombian from Colombia for sale.

I'm sure the Oldtimers would be interested. ;)
That's why I post here, I know it's not just me that loves fine Colombian sativa. However I don't know but a handful of people here that grow or smoke it. I've gone to a few "cups" here and although there were some really tasty stuff, there's no real outdoor sativa. There were flowers called sativa but not like I have. I was just in Santa Marta last year and although I really enjoyed the event I was disappointed that there was no SMG.

red rider
IMG_20191023_073450.jpg

Name unknown Colombian sativa (genetics from Boyaca).

troutman

Seed Whore
That's why I post here, I know it's not just me that loves fine Colombian sativa.

I can't grow pure Colombians outdoors in Canada at 46N. But I did create a hybrid
with a real Colombian Gold that I named Colombian Pine. I grew over 100 of them
outdoors and used the best male to make F3 seeds.

Look at the vigor of that male in this post.

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some nice "cob cured" flowers I grew here a few years ago. I thought they came out great and I like the taste and hit. People looked at me like I was crazy and most refused to even take a hit. One guy told me that I ruined the flower, a young Colombian grower. He wasn't alive when there was primo export going out. No idea about fermentation or this type of curing. I rarely cob cure but I do like the difference and to me it brings out that "lumbo" taste I remember.
DSC03949_optimized_optimized.jpg

red rider

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Interesting on the flavor. The different Colombian lines I have grown indoors did not have that strong incense flavor or smell in the smoke that all the 70's imports had. I almost thought they were not real deal stuff because of that. The cure and long time in transport/storage to the US could have affected the old imports in smell and taste.

I do not really care about taste too much but more out of curiosity I think about it, also if any connection to mental effects of the pot.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I first visited Colombia 20 years ago, the weed I bought was exactly like most of the imported Colombian in the 70s. Clumps of sweat cured seeded buds, red, gold green. It was cheap too like 30,000 cop 500 gr and plentiful variety. I collected seed and grew out a few, I hung dried and jar cured but it was very different, especially the taste. It wasn't until 2016 when I learned the cob cure did I encounter the old lumbo taste.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually I do quick dry in the direct sunlight some times but I never tried sun curing. Once I did a water cure (were you soak the flowers in water for 7 days then air dry) but I didn't care for the results. I did fresh frozen then made bubble hashish, I didn't do it right and got very low yeild. Where I live now is much drier so I can do a proper hang dry jar cure. I'm happy with this system but it doesn't taste anything like the old school stuff.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This the little farm house garden I had in zipacon 2020. I was able to harvest (Malawi, Colombian SMG and Malawi Haze) but big storms beat the hell out of them and the people that lived with me kept leaving the porch light on at night despite my complaints.

red rider

IMG-20200802-WA0029.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts