What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vintage Colombian

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Thought about selling seeds but first I want do some seed run and see what's there. I've been working a lot lately with high CBD genetics that can grow in the cloud forest without using chemicals. But turns out that regulation is a big expensive pain in the ass and hinders my selection process.

View attachment 18716128

View attachment 18716129

View attachment 18716130

I'm working on another project in a different department that has a much drier some what warmer climate.

View attachment 18716132

View attachment 18716133

This is my bio organic cultivation strategy, onsite compost coco mix filled holes. No feeding and only organic insect repellents, perfectly balanced natural environment.

View attachment 18716135

red rider

Dude, so happy for you
Been a big fan for a long time

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gold, anybody remember Colombian gold? This is one domestic variety I've been growing for a few years. This particular pheno is one of my favorites both growing and effect.

Attachments

• IMG_20230110_092212_794.jpg
    IMG_20230110_092212_794.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 151

blondie

Gold, anybody remember Colombian gold? This is one domestic variety I've been growing for a few years. This particular pheno is one of my favorites both growing and effect.
I remember hearing about Colombian gold.. never had the pleasure, yet. Closest I’ve got so far is Punta Rosa from Cannabiogen. Got six in veg right now. Waiting for the day I can buy red rider seeds though. Love this thread.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
old friend and I used to leave HS at lunch and grab sixer of Sammy darks and joint of Col Gold….watch waves……head back for class laughing our asses off and poor teach would separate us across the room….one glance at my buddy and all shit broke loose laughing….was in late 70’s……Aptos High…..
R.I.P. Geoff…….

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's a few Colombians I like now but I've got some personal varities that are of interest to me now. SMG 1 and 2 are potentially worth growing and of course some corinto that I haven't even grown yet. It's a matter of space more than time. I could work in Zipacon with big greenhouses and I did. However the climate in zipacon the cloud forest is not good to grow or live in. Cold, wet and overcast most of the time made the plants leafy and depressed. So now I'm in Boyaca at 8,300 ft with a beautiful sunny dry climate. Looking for the right spot.

red rider
IMG-20200625-WA0006.jpeg
IMG_20211017_133404-1.jpg
Seeded Qaxaca.JPG

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes a buddy of mine, fellow icmager is starting a canna tourism business right here in beautiful Boyaca. They're still getting set up but once going I'd like to invite those interested to come here and try these tropical grown varieties. Of course legal in every way and an experience like no other.

red rider
IMG-20200802-WA0029.jpeg

IMG_20221204_111402.jpg

Kamora

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never flowered a plant under artificial light, even when I grew up north (20 years ago).I do use lights although some of my varieties are aclamated to the light cycle here and don't need supplanted light. Being in Colombia I try to grow the best with minamal expense. Simple compost blended with local ("to the grow) soil amended with local inputs. I let the natural tropical high altitude climate do the job and I just assist.

IMG_20191023_073609.jpg

I like to grow certain varieties of HAZE

DSC07493.JPG

Cob cured sativa (not very popular here)

red rider

bigherb

Veteran
Red rider

Brother I’m very happy to see you active . I hope the ball is rolling uphill in this new year and things are well with you and your family

I’ve visited Colombia twice is in the last years . Beautiful people , country and culture. My lady comes from periera , it would be nice to visit your finca in boyaca in the future . Please let us know when things are up and running

Next I’m very curious . Is it legal for 20 plants to be grown per household or per person in Colombia ?

Last but most importantly, are you still growing that Punto Rojo and what other strains of yesteryear have you collected or what still survives from 60-70’s ?

I’m happy to see things looking up for you

Much respect
1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts