See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
cannabis in finland somewhere at 1900
(behind people near at wall)
View Image

View Image

++++++++++++++++++++
interesting note:

An old country hemp stock was found in Ilomantsi As early as the beginning of the 20th century, hemp was widely cultivated in Finland, always later than southern Lapland. A variety of local varieties, country eggs, were abundant in all sorts of crops on offer. When hemp cultivation virtually ceased in the 1960s, old varieties began to disappear. One variety was rescued together in a Nordic gene bank in the 70s, but that too was destroyed in storage. Northern Sun - Boreal Seedbank, a northern seed banking company that started operations in Ilomantsi, got a hint from the local old hemp fiber stock, and after a small rummage, hemp inflorescences were found there, which were also high in seeds. The discovery was made on the Kuikanniemi farm from the ors of Väinö Leppänen's barn. -The purpose is to collect all the seeds from the straw and try to get it, says Hannu Hyvönen. -We contact the University of Eastern Finland and hope that help was found there in the study of ancient seeds. In addition to genetic information, oral genetic and hemp delivery tools, textiles, and photographs are of interest. The hemp development company Hamppusampo Oy is best looking for a well-established Finnish hemp museum. -Gathering the hemp-related tradition for the most important task, which can also be of market value. In the midst of the global hemp boom, it is important to highlight how hemp has been grown in Finland for hundreds, perhaps thousands of years. We have generations of roots in hemp cultivation and utilization.

In color!

Attachments

• cannabis in finland somewhere at 1900_colorai.jpg
    cannabis in finland somewhere at 1900_colorai.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 39
  • cannabis in finland somewhere at 1900_1_colorai.jpg
    cannabis in finland somewhere at 1900_1_colorai.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 47

J-Icky

be cool if knew what minims were and could figure out what dosage they had.

"cautious strychinine" hmmmm

A minim is roughly a drop, there are 16.23 minims in a ml.

What I’m more fascinated with is what exactly is this “American Cannabis” and where can I find some lol.

clearheaded

What I’m more fascinated with is what exactly is this “American Cannabis” and where can I find some lol.

mexico...

also i meant more of how much dried cannabis per dose. also would be interesting how much was decarbed through their processing. prob heated booze..

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

Up until its prohibition in 1937, Cannabis was the third most used compound in medicine for sixty years running. Indica, a strain imported from India, was thought to be the superior medicinal option but inconsistent supply required the U.S. to develop its own strain. After a collaboration between pharmaceutical companies Eli Lilly & Co and Parke-Davis & Co in the 1890's, an improved variety called Cannabis Americana came on the market in the form of herbal materials and tinctures-liquid extracts that kept cannabinoids in their raw, physiologically inactive state.

This is what i found.

clearheaded

there is one photo around page 70 of 2 guys supposedly in a outdoor garden in new york street. clearly it is not cannabis and didnt see any intermixed in a pointy leaf plant...

anyway, ya some awesome stuff in this thread thanks guys!

hmm very interesting mex! I still would bet it was just a NLD from mex. OR very well could of been a "hemp" hybrid that grew well in the states and upped strength with crossing with an indian etc var.

also interesting they make a note of "raw". although creating tinctures with heat and poorly processed sun dried cannabis most likely would of had a decent amount of decarbing, some at least. still is interesting they were getting proper medical benefits from presumably primarily acid forms. folks still get strong buzzes when juicing 100% fresh buds aswell. but obviously decarbing makes it alot stronger and debilitating of a buzz.

thanks for digging all that up tho, super interesting!

J-Icky

there is one photo around page 70 of 2 guys supposedly in a outdoor garden in new york street. clearly it is not cannabis and didnt see any intermixed in a pointy leaf plant...

anyway, ya some awesome stuff in this thread thanks guys!

hmm very interesting mex! I still would bet it was just a NLD from mex. OR very well could of been a "hemp" hybrid that grew well in the states and upped strength with crossing with an indian etc var.

also interesting they make a note of "raw". although creating tinctures with heat and poorly processed sun dried cannabis most likely would of had a decent amount of decarbing, some at least. still is interesting they were getting proper medical benefits from presumably primarily acid forms. folks still get strong buzzes when juicing 100% fresh buds aswell. but obviously decarbing makes it alot stronger and debilitating of a buzz.

thanks for digging all that up tho, super interesting!

I think your confusing intoxication with medically beneficial. The acid forms of cannabinoids do have medicinal value while providing little to zero intoxication.
Also with raw cannabis there will be naturally decarbed cannabinoids on the plan. It can happen through UV exposure along with just being in the hot sun/lights for weeks.

What I find most interesting about cannabis Americana is that Eli Lily had something to do with it. Funny how they helped develop one of the first North American medical strains and now they pour millions into Indiana politics to make sure cannabis remains illegal in the state.