What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vietnamese Black / Meao Thai

therevverend

Veteran
Too bad but there's always next year..
I imagine it's hard to pull of SE Asians outside in most places, they take so long, their color stands out, and they get so big. Hard to keep them concealed for so long.
Finished up harvested the second plant the Viet dominate one. A mature seed fell out, small and brown so I'm happy some of my pollen chucking worked.
The smell is unique so pungent and powerful. Very garlicy and rank more so than anything I've ever grown. Great strong stone.Stronger than the Thai looking plant.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I was sure she would turn black the temperatures were cold but she just didn't make it. I could of waited another week, didn't want to let the pests and mildew degrade her. It's hard the first time with strains you never know but calyxes were swollen and she was out of white hairs. Maybe next time I'll go an extra couple weeks.
Just like her Malawi friends she should excellent resistance to mildew, mold, thrips, aphids, spider mites, and leafhoppers. Really happy, last year when my friend tried a similar tactic moving plants inside he had some terrible losses to mildew even through drying.
There were weird orange spots appearing down the center of some of the fan leaves you can see them in the second picture and barely in the final picture. Never seen that before, must be a pest. No other plants had it just this one phenotype. Wish I took a better picture of it.

orfeas

Veteran
Great strains the equatorial ones!

Now looking at your reflective material I can't help thinking about the hot spots it may create due to so many wrinkles...

:tiphat:Orpheus

therevverend

Veteran
Yeah you can really see them in that picture. It's a 400 watt light that doesn't put off a lot of heat. Haven't found any burns yet. Threw it up in a hurry need to fix the sloppy stuff.

R

Raw_Dog

This was a very informative thread. I might invest in a pack of VBxT to pop and see where it stands. I have GT and Zamal coming up. Im searching the pieces to build my holy grail.

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Hi all! I'm growing 1 Vbt seed from a 2012 batch. I've already grown this line, getting 2 females and one male. This time I want to do it really well, as that time I had some issues and couldn't control the grow as I wanted to.

It's a female, just shown sex today, so I guess I got another 4 months at least.

Attachments

• CAM00897.jpg
    CAM00897.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 12
  • CAM00898.jpg
    CAM00898.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 13

LostTribe

Premium user
Viet Black sounds like some bad mofo type a chit man! Wish Dubi and the crew would do some straight VB!

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Hi all! I'm growing 1 Vbt seed from a 2012 batch.
It's a female, just shown sex today, so I guess I got another 4 months at least.
looking forward to watching this, s-e. plz keep us posted. :tiphat:
my next grow's gonna include either some of my remaining VbTs
(i think they came as F3s from ace), or one of these VbT hacks:
OrientEx (14 wk.pheno) x VbT
laughingBuddha x VbT
x18 x VbT
VbT x NepJam
(and 8 more).

i really liked the high from the fastest flowering of the three
c99bx1 x VbT's i've tried so far- super fun "drunk-ish" hybrid
high that i never got from either of the parents' lines before.
the longer flowering ones tended toward a murky head.

the VbT high is a nice sativa change from the hazes.

sweet-emotion

Veteran
looking forward to watching this, s-e. plz keep us posted. :tiphat:
my next grow's gonna include either some of my remaining VbTs
(i think they came as F3s from ace), or one of these VbT hacks:
OrientEx (14 wk.pheno) x VbT
laughingBuddha x VbT
x18 x VbT
VbT x NepJam
(and 8 more).

i really liked the high from the fastest flowering of the three
c99bx1 x VbT's i've tried so far- super fun "drunk-ish" hybrid
high that i never got from either of the parents' lines before.
the longer flowering ones tended toward a murky head.

the VbT high is a nice sativa change from the hazes.

Hi man! I'll keep you updated!

Here are some pics of the 2 females I grew 2 years ago. The first two are of the plant that we had in a pot, the second direct on soil. The latter didn't finish flowering here in the southern hemisphere, because of the cold weather I guess. Began on April and stopped by mid June, and then started revegging in early August, till some motherfu**** stole it from my friends patio.

Both turned purple. The one on soil was really big, like 3,5mts, and in a pretty harsh environment. I'd like to see how it'd turn up in a good place.

They both had a mix of strawberry jam and earthy notes odour, with some hazey like background. The one on the 17lt pot yielded 60gr, but could've done better with a little more of sun and warmth.

The high was a bit confusing, speedy and narcotic, then relaxing. It was good, that's why I'm growing another one this time. Fortunately I still got 7 beans, which I'll grow the day I can cross them and make more seeds.

:tiphat:

Attachments

• CAM00427.jpg
    CAM00427.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 13
  • CAM00428.jpg
    CAM00428.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 15
  • CAM00408.jpg
    CAM00408.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20140609-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20140609-WA0000.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 15
S

scai

I just remembered that it's been a while that I bought VBT.Need to make new stock of seeds.
I was suprised that I had green haze thai and purple haze thai too... I think I never grew them, just stashed them..

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Hi all! here's an update. This lady is still growing strong, no signs of flowering at all. 11 finger leaves and bushy structure.

Attachments

• DSC08072.jpg
    DSC08072.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC08073.jpg
    DSC08073.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC08074.jpg
    DSC08074.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 12

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Update...started flowering some days ago, still a long way to go.

Attachments

• DSC08164.jpg
    DSC08164.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC08161.jpg
    DSC08161.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC08158.jpg
    DSC08158.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 9
VB x MT

VB x MT

Hi all,

I'm running some girls of that X, not new batch's seeds.

This is the one with thinner leaves in that stage, I'll keep an eye on her!

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Hi all! update: about 1 month into flowering. Unfortunately we had 20 days of rain and bad weather, so she didn't see much sun. Anyway, she's in good shape, a little clawed due to some extra guano I added.

Attachments

• DSC08206.jpg
    DSC08206.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC08210.jpg
    DSC08210.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC08212.jpg
    DSC08212.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC08215.jpg
    DSC08215.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC08216.jpg
    DSC08216.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 9

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Hi all, update, still +-50 days to go. Starting to show resin, light floral/fruity smell I can't figure out. Everything organic, worm castings in veg and bat guano during flowering. She's already showing some purpling under some leaves. Let's see when she turns black like the one I grew 2 years ago. Up to now, they are behaving exactly the same, with the only difference that this one is much bigger. :tiphat:

Attachments

• DSC08234.jpg
    DSC08234.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC08233.jpg
    DSC08233.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC08230.jpg
    DSC08230.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 12

sweet-emotion

Veteran