What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Video games?

kp^

Bad company 2
Mass effect 1/2
TF2
Assassins Creed 1/2
Fallout 3

played cod mw2, but dont play anymore due to bad company 2.

WasntMe

Lately I play Red Dead Redemption a lot....it's basically GTA4 in a wild west setting, horses, stage coaches, revolvers and all

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
Lately I play Red Dead Redemption a lot....it's basically GTA4 in a wild west setting, horses, stage coaches, revolvers and all

Yeah I was thinking about picking that one up. I will wait till it has a price drop. Am currently playing that transformers game. What a great stoner game man. If ya don't have it, get it.:tiphat:

WasntMe

I got the first one and to be honest I got tired of that game quickly .... I like games that have a more complex AI ... was fun for a little while though.

As for me... with 2 professional gamers in my family, two engineering degrees and some programming knowledge I can tactically break down games and see the basic AI patterns quickly ... which to be honest, ruins a lot of games for me :(.
These days I find I like online modern or WWII FPS games (to flex my military background) or free-roam mission games like GTA in which I find enough AI variation to keep it interesting. ...... or I go old school with Zelda or Q-bert and except the AI as elementary and comical.

if you like the GTA franchise then you will like Red Dead, it's the same foot print. Single, multi and now co-op missions are all there. Definitely a good "used game" buy.

One game I've really wanted to try, but don't own an Xbox360, is Mass Affect ... I've heard great things about it's software engine.

WeedWizard

Oldschool AD&D fan here too, its strangly missed and the dice and paper game just isnt the same as computer versions. That being said, there are some really awesome RPGs out there, theyre getting better. In my book Bioware holds the banner when it comes to good storytelling :)

ATM I play mostly consoles, Xbox and PS3, bad company 2 and red dead redemption being the favorites.. can recommend red dead for the pureness and amazing characters, story and enviroment, plus its a perfect stoner game :)

WeedWizard

One game I've really wanted to try, but don't own an Xbox360, is Mass Affect ... I've heard great things about it's software engine.

You wont go wrong there, but its strengths is the story and the choices you make which really molds the game.

I played ME2 and went to a friends house to play it abit with him, only noting that his game was totally diffrent from mine, what you say and do in those games really have an impact. That being said, the shooter part can feel abit wonky as its not there they focused the attention too much.

enter sandman

Oldschool AD&D fan here too, its strangly missed and the dice and paper game just isnt the same as computer versions. That being said, there are some really awesome RPGs out there, theyre getting better. In my book Bioware holds the banner when it comes to good storytelling :)

ATM I play mostly consoles, Xbox and PS3, bad company 2 and red dead redemption being the favorites.. can recommend red dead for the pureness and amazing characters, story and enviroment, plus its a perfect stoner game :)

Old school AD&D fan here also. Nothing will ever compare to the pen/paper rpg's that forced you to use yer imagination...it is more real than viewing even the best computer graphics.

I still love video games, mainly pc, for I got my start on the commodore 64 back in 85. PC games I love now:

Bioshock 1 & 2
Counterstrike Source
Unreal Tournament 3

This year is gonna be big for pc gamers...so many good first person shooters are coming out, but the main game I'm drooling over is Diablo 3 next year!

enter sandman

Yes! DOOM 4 is one of the games I'm drooling over now. I think it's slated fer later this year. YAY!

Just checked IGN...release date is Dec of this year...

M

Mitch Connor

I was into video games heavily 3-7 years ago...

CounterStrike 1.3-1.6. I ended up making quite a bit of money being sponsored/payed to travel and compete around NA. The competative scene got split up when CS:S came out and that's when I quit.

I put a lot of hours into the GTA series... Man that game online was fun!

Last year they released a new Q3 that's based in your web browser. The guy who coded it was the original coder for Quake.. Forget his name... Anyway, it's called Quakelive.

When I get some extra cash I'm buying a 360 and getting FIFA 11 when it comes out.. Mastered Fifa 10 at a friends over the last year.. Need my own now.

How safe would it be to add people from these forums to friends on xbox? Is there a way to look up details on someone? IE trace their connection somehow/leak some info without knowing it, posing a security threat? If it's secure, It'd be sweet if all the gamers on here could play together . We'd have some real flamewars goin down haha

C

CANNATOPIA

Totally understandable. I am a long time fan & really liked both RE5 & COD.
I also use a PS3. :)

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Totally understandable. I am a long time fan & really liked both RE5 & COD.
I also use a PS3. :)

yeah can't wait for the new black ops out in oct or nov. also dying to get my hands on GT5 when it finally bloody comes out... bought a ps3 back in 2008 when it was meant to be out at the end of that year... still waiting!

Latest posts

Latest posts