What's new

VeryBerry - Green Hornet Seeds - Smoke/Grow Report

G

VeryBerry by Green Hornet Seeds

VeryBerry (Blueberry x Strawberry) is an indica hybrid developed by Green Hornet Seeds for outdoor cultivation. I gave them a go indoors and they did quite well but the main thing which should be noted when growing them indoors is that they are very low yeilders. I don't know if they yeild more outdoors but I imagine so...I just can't say how much more.

Some notes on my methods of cultivation and setup:

As said above, I'm an indoor grower, in soil, and organic to the extreme, which means I give my plants the least amount of (100% organic) nutes possible and only when my plants seem to require it. I use a 400W Philips SON-T Agro in a cool tube for lighting, and the plants are placed under the 400W from start.

Nutes and Supplements
Bull's blood (pure nitrogen - used in veg)
Plagron Algae Grow
Plagron Algae Bloom
Plagron Phyt-Amin (minerals, vitamins, amino-acids used both in veg and in bloom)
Epsom Salts and an iron supplement
GH Ripen to finish them off and flush the soil, used 14 days before end of flower

Some grow notes:

Gorgeous plants, extremely easy to grow.

I planted three seeds, and got one female and two males. One of the males was a gorgeous trifoliate which never lost this interesting trait.

All of my plants are vegged until they reach sexual maturity, presenting both alternated branching and preflowers before going 12/12. These were vegged 32 days.

The plants flowered for 53 days, then were given 72 hours darkness before meeting their maker :wink:
The female produced many golf ball shaped nugs, rock hard, and a beautiful purple-blue color:

Smoke Report

The buds have been cured for a month in jars, after a drying process 15 days long. As stated in the opening notes, this plant grown indoors is a very low yeilder.

Appearance:
Pale green in color, the blues in flower are no longer present. The nugs are covered with very visible trichs, and long fairly dark brick colored hairs.The buds are rock hard, and I am not kidding....though the plant yeilded little, the buds are so dense that a small popcorn bud fluffs up enough to yeild a nice joint.

Smell:
Once broken open the buds have a very strong smell of killer pucker 'em up lime, very fresh, with a hint of wild strawberry, pungent and very pleasing.

Taste:
The taste is not impressive IMO...the wonderful smell unfortunately has not carried on to the taste, which I find somehwat anonymous. Subtle flavor of leather, with just a hint of strawberry, persistent sugar aftertaste. Fresh, as you would imagine the taste of air. Not harsh at all...a smooth smoke, but as I said, the taste is nothing special.

High:
The high is pleasant...but nothing more than that....I am not a heavy smoker, but after half a joint smoked by myself the high was just perceptible. It does creep some, but is not at all intense, just sort of a pleasant feeling. I felt alert, not tired, nice buzz which left me perfectly able to function...could be an excellent daytime smoke....left me feeling fresh and happy. I wouldn't recommend this strain for those who love a brain whack or couchlock type stone.

All in all, nice weed...but that's about it.
In fairness to Green Hornet Seeds, please keep in mind when reading this report that this strain was made for outdoor growing, and more than likely all of the above variables and impressions change when growing this plant in its recommended environment.

My unbiased opinion as pertains to growing this one indoors is that though its pleasant and pretty and easy to grow, it is not exceptional weed at all. It is nice. Period. If you give her a whirl indoors don't expect more than nice, and you'll be happy. Expect great, and you'll be disappointed.

The entire grow of the VeryBerry is documented in the thread linked to my signature below, "Blue's Triple Test +2"

G

thank you berry much Elvis :D, the reports for the G13 and the Maple Leaf Indica will be up shortly, next week for the MLI, week after for JLP's G13 :wink:

G

Now thats the kind of report i enjoy!
Pics galore, and growers comments aswell as the essentials. Nice one Blue! :canabis:

G

Now, THAT is a smoke report! Beautiful, entertaining and informative. What more could we ask for? :smile:

G

why is it that I've done more blushing here in the past few months than I've done in the past thirty years? :redface:

thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoyed the smoke report. This is number 1 of three. Number two should be coming up sometime next week, and featured will be the Maple Leaf Indica...
and....
if y'all want a really good suggestion, stay tuned for that one, especially if you've ever considered it for your own growing pleasure or for breeding purposes. You're gonna love what you'll be hearing :wink:

Hi(gh) xxbluevelvexxt! :wave:

You gotta love these detailed reports, can't for the next, Maple Leaf Indica!

Maple Leaf Indica and Legend's Ultimate Indica are two ladies that i would love to get my hands on, my aem'jay experience is a lot based on Sativas so i've never had the chance to taste a real head-punching Indica.. :chin:

Anyway, i'm gonna trade some beans with a friend and maybe, maybe, i'll be getting some Nebula from Paradise Seeds in exchange!!! :canabis: yummii!

He says that it's the stinkiest plant he's ever had, like 'the smell goes trhough the walls' [his words] and he's planted AK47, White Rhino, White Russian, along with some other stenchfull strains i can't recall..

G

Blue Velvet, that was one lovely report. I could see. feel, and taste. You've captured the spirit of the new forum and I want to thank you for it. Thanks to you I know it might not be my cup of tea as I want to only grow strains that mess you up. i look foward to reading your next report. As I like your(writing) style.

Btw, Your pictures really helped your words jump right off the screen. Excellant work!!!!

O

OHenry

Great Report

Great Report

blue~ that was just a great read. like everyone else i'm sure, it felt as though i was smomking along with you. you manage to narrate the story so well while managing to also tie-in the beautiful pictures! Job Well Done my Friend. OH

G

Smokey, I'm very pleased that you and everyone else enjoyed the report. This is my general style of writing, at least on my threads...when I post on other people's threads naturally I tend to be less "flashy" out of respect for the person who started the thread. The only other time I used this particular style to communicate on someone else's thread was here to describe my method of drying and curing my plants.
In any case, this is what you can expect from me :wink:
If you like strains that "mess you up" you will thoroughly enjoy the next report, so hold off on purchasing seeds until next weekend if you can :joint:

OHenry, thank you! Its always nice to know that I succeeded in my intent, in this case to provide a smoke report as authentic, interesting, unbiased, and fun to read as possible.

:wave: Be back soon for the next one! :smile:

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
Great report bluevelvet! I love the colors on her in flower. Really orange hairs after cure too!!

Maybe we will see what this strain can do outdoors this season.. :rolleyes:

Pieturänni

That was an excellent smoke report from cradle to grave. Thx Blue! I'm a huge fan of Blueberry so I was more than pleased to get some Berry family smoke repot.

G

Thanks Piet (can't write the rest, don't have the funky "a" :wink:), I'm glad you enjoyed this report. The VeryBerrys will be tested outside - where they were supposed to be grown in the first place - by Hooked-ON-Grown in his thread in the Outdoor Growers Forum, look out for that, he just received the beans and should be planting them shortly :wink:

:wave:

G

really nice report blue. Really clean pics too. I have to get my act together and learn how to take pics like that hehe. Sounds like it tastes like Bhudda sister. Was candy and cherry smelling with aslight taste. Well i hope HOG does them justice outside which im sure he will . I'll be reading more reports from you blue if there set out aswell as this one. keep up the great work. Jubei

D

Dr.Smitty

One of the best presented reports I've ever read. Well done on all fronts and congradulations on that grow.

:canabis:

G

Jubei, yeah...I have a Maple Leaf Indica report up and a G13 BX F2 Report, all in the smoke report forums :wink:

Dr. Smitty, my thanks, and glad you enjoyed the report!

SwissWEED

High ic growers

hi Blue

Excelent report you made here. Thumbs up;-)
Thanx again for the testgrow and your time.;-)
hey hooked youll be pleased ouddoors with very berry because of her swiss straberry influence, you should reach the 500g per plant mark eazely.
Blue keep it up and growin;-)
peace

G

Hi SW...

In all fairness I want the "real" smoke report to come from HOG (Hooked-on-Grown) who has already planted the ladies outside in the nice sunshine :smile:

I confirm that these plants are truly gorgeous, and grow very well, even indoors, they just didn't perform flavor/potency wise indoors...

As you are selling them as an outdoor strain I have no doubt HOG will get the flavor and potency outdoors that I was missing indoors.

Lovely plants SW...they were a pleasure to grow. On a side note, my buds have been curing three months, and they have much improved both potency and flavor-wise :wink:

:wave:

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Well done Blue, that's probably the best smoke report I've ever read, no insult intended Smokey. The pictures along with the written descriptions should be an example for others to follow. Big thumbs up everybody!! :canabis: