What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very quick, quick dry method

StayHigh149

better way to quick dry is put a bud on top of your monitor, laptop ac/dc adapter, or something else thats mildly warm for a day or two.

microwave drying is the bottom of the barrel "i have to get high right now" method.

That's why the thread is called the "VERY QUICK, QUICK DRY METHOD"....not 2 or 3 day dry method...the key words being VERY & QUICK....jus sayin'.

2nd best QUICK DRY is the hairdryer, 3rd is the lamp, IMO. Hairdyer takes about 15 mins & the lamp/light takes about 2 or 3 hours. Both of these methods do taste better than the microwave.

If willing to wait 1, 2 or 3 days, well that IS NOT a quick dry method....might as well wait a week & let it hang dry the proper way. If waiting that long, might as well let it cure the whole way too. LoL.

:microwave:

ManyManySpliffs

better way to quick dry is put a bud on top of your monitor, laptop ac/dc adapter, or something else thats mildly warm for a day or two.

The computer monitor or old T.V method takes only 2-5 hrs depending on bud density, flush, etc... It ain't the quickest but its the best IMHO. :ying::ying::ying:

sso

Veteran
...ive tried all of these methods, in fact i think i might even have sorta invented the steam method, though i used a oven. (oh im not claiming it, just never saw it online till i mentioned it on another forum some years back.)

but by far the best method ive ever tried.

is cutting the weed up with a razor, pretty fine and leave it for a day, in a closet or something. (meaning just room temps.)

course, it takes a day,half a day at least but it basically means you just dried your weed in the regular way, reason it takes much longer with big buds, is because they are big buds.

señorsloth

Veteran
the top of a tv works fine, but a food dehydrator works better, and uses a lot less electricity...i just got one and i can turn the heat on mine down to 90 F and it dries in about 6-12 hours depending on the density, maybe even more for bigger buds, i wont get to really try it out much till my outdoor is done and i don't really quick dry unless it's an emergency...mostly i'm going to use it for leftover fruit and berries, dry them out and eat em later rather than throwing them out for being overripe...

sdd420

Veteran
Cutting with a scissor is ok tastes better than microwave takes a day tho try just cutting into small dime size buds done in two days or so

Rebel4Liberty

Dankmaster Steam Drier going advanced and self-contained

Dankmaster Steam Drier going advanced and self-contained

Hello all my cannabis friends,

How time flies!! How times change too!! I am the person who developed the Dankmaster Flash Steam Dry method. I've recently met an individual involved in the medical cannabis industry with all kinds of contacts and backers. Knew Jack Herer, and knows Ed Rosenthal, Tommy Chong and other notable figures in culture. I just attended an ASA conference with him. I have plans to be in this medical cannabis industry:jump: on the net

I've read many of the reviews to my method in question. I've taken careful note of the cons reported in trying my method everywhere on the net. I appreciate the critique actually. The biggest one being a reduction in flavor and smell, resulting in compromised quality...What IF the process can be slowed down with time compression, without the compromise of flavor and smell.... (I know, you're going to tell me I am dreaming) What IF you could have dried buds ready to use in under an hr, like they hung dry for a week...What IF all you had to do is stick your buds in a contained unit, set a timer, come back and "ding":biggrin:...

I plan to ELIMINATE the microwave all together and make the whole thing self-contained. I plan to advance the steam technology further and make it adjustable, with the goal of having dried buds like they hung for a week or 2. This is not a joke. It is a CHALLENGE to undergo and my goal to reach. I know there are detractors that will scoff at this notion of being impossible.

My rudimentary micro method serves it's "testing" and "quick-fix" purposes, but I will refine this method to be suitable to be called "freshly hung", taking a bit longer than mins and in a slower process of water extraction. I already have a design idea/concept thanks to many posts and comments I read for inspiration all over the net. My goal is to REVOLUTIONIZE drying times with a better ability to "test" potency in the critical windows that can't wait days. Timing the right THC/CBD/CBNS will be easier than by sight or loupe. Better timing, means peak potency perfection OR just the way you prefer the types of effects best for you.

I will be going for a patent and intellectual rights of the Dankmaster Steam Drier. All I can say is LOOK OUT should this be successfully achieved. So much more bud will be available for market/dispensaries so much faster. I have the mad scientist mind to fine tune, so that flavor and smell is retained just as it would being "air dry hung". There can be no complaints once this corrected. Once I've developed the prototype, I will come back and share more. Possibly having pictures to show. If I achieve what I want, growers everywhere will never have to wait several weeks without the compromise of quality/flavor/odors :woohoo:

Dankmaster/Rebel4Liberty

Rebel4Liberty

Actually its been recently discussed there will be an improved "all in-one-container" you pop in the micro for an improved flash steam dry. No paper towels to use. No baby sitting the micro. Set it and forget it. So the micro will still be used in this application. Mainly for those "tests" and "quick fixes" needs

Soon you will never have to wait 2 weeks for a dried crop.. You will never need a whole room or closet, with clothes lines and fans to dry your crop... You will never miss a peak potency window with your crop. IT will be time saving, space saving and more efficient way to dry the crop to move it FAST! Commercial and personal models have been discussed.

I'm committed to bringing a product out that doesn't compromise TASTE or SMELL at all in the process or very little, like 10-15% at best. I understand nobody wants to nuke their crop or dry it too quickly to have the quality compromised for all that work done and time spent. Its stoopid! I will advocate that NO ONE butcher their crop prematurely ever, no matter with speed drying technology. The benefit is you get your buds faster, which time is also money in this respect. My stated mission is to go from a a fresh wet bud to 2-3 hrs later a nearly dried and spongy bud, that smells and tastes like it hung the traditionally for 2 weeks!!

JointOperation

people dont seem to understand that.. providing a GOOD PRODUCT. isnt about growing great buds.. its about knowing the process and chemical reactions that happen when drying an curing. its 50=50.. u can grow amazing nugs.. and flash dry them into GARBAGE. or u can grow decent buds. and slow dry and cure them and they will be better then the amazingly grown nugs.. that were flash dried..

sorry to burst your bubble.. but if u read any research.. its all about slowing down the dry to get a better product.. not speeding it up to get it out the door faster lol. id rather wait 2 weeks and get the most money for my product then flash dry and get it out the door cheaper.

not to mention.. POTENCY being the BIG PROBLEM WITH FLASH DRY..

is 2 weeks really that long.. shit.. ive noticed that the longer the dry.. the less cure time i need to get the smell and taste to get stronger and stronger.. lol if ur that hard up for nugs. u need to better manage your nugs at harvest time. so u can have shit until the next harvest.. or perpetually harvest..

ive tried so many methods.. and not 1 had me thinking wow maybe fast drying is worth it.. i wont even pick a single nug off a plant if its not done.. its not worth it .. the potency an smell and taste are better when ripe

another thing i hate about fast dry is the way the buds tend to look. u can tell something wasnt done properly.

Rebel4Liberty

Hey JointOpertation,

You are entitled to have your beliefs, opinions and practices. I'm well aware the traditionalist and old schoolers will trash me over this steam drying process, but it won't deter what I'm going to attempt. I've seen enough testimonial to the contrary all over the net.

JointOperation

not to say what your trying to do isnt a great idea..

but alot of people .. especially growers who time things right.. dont need it dried faster.. by the time its dried and going into bags or jars.. usually the next one is only a few weeks away..

this could work for people who run out of buds before the next harvest.. but in that sense. your best bet is to wait do your buds right.. and just buy buds from someone else that has potent product..

i just dont agree with doing it any of the ways mentioned so far.. atleast.. if you come up with a technique or a product that allows for a faster dry without sacrificing ANYTHING.. then you might just have yourself a million dollar idea.. butttt if u sacrifice.. anything.. alot of growers arent making enough money as it is . to sacrifice anything that will lower the prices for them . plus.. whats 3-4 weeks of waiting for a product that if u smoked earlier then that wouldnt even be close to as potent.. your better off smoking a cig..

S

sourpuss

I do this sometimes but zap for 11 secs in 1000watt micro at 30 percent power. Change papertowel and trhow in freezer 1 min. When I microwave I cover with slightly damp papertowel. Slightly damp. 10-13 sec max 30 percent. 1 min freze. Repeat bout 10 times. Done. Approx.

S

sourpuss

And no this is not my idea. Knowledge is power. Method works very well.

JointOperation

honestly u find a way to not sacrifice anything.. and speed up the process.. it will make u money.. but most bigger ops have a dedicated dry area that controls it perfectly keeping our product AMAZING until it walks its way out the DOORS.

idiit

Veteran
10 MINUTES FROM A BRANCH TO A BOWL

i use a method when i'm in a hurry to test a new strain that only takes a few hours and does not use harsh methods. the stems hold the water and take a while to dry out. i remove the bud from all wood (stems). i use scissors (fiskars) to trim/slice and dice the bud into little pieces (the smaller the better) i then use a fan to air dry at room temps.

^^ only takes a few hours and good to go. this is the best method i know of.

Rebel4Liberty

not to say what your trying to do isnt a great idea.. if you come up with a technique or a product that allows for a faster dry without sacrificing ANYTHING.. then you might just have yourself a million dollar idea.. butttt if u sacrifice.. anything.. alot of growers arent making enough money as it is . to sacrifice anything that will lower the prices for them . plus.. whats 3-4 weeks of waiting for a product that if u smoked earlier then that wouldnt even be close to as potent.. your better off smoking a cig..

Hey JointOperation,

THIS is the challenge to meet. I suspect it will take extensive R and D and testing to get the results that sacrifices little, if anything in overall quality. Thanks, you have the concept of the goal I have set forward and I appreciate hearing this. The first generation in anything can't be flawless, and improves in succession. I remember when Grafix had a vape with a glass dome that is archaic in design by todays vapes and it was soo poor at efficiency and results, but vapes developed and innovated over time to be 100 times better from where it started. The same applies here as well.

A blog www.Dankmaster.info has my bio history for now, so anyone can learn my history origination. More sections to be added soon.

Gry

Veteran
Hats off for this amazing method. Yes,one trades flavor for the speed, but in some cases this is more than acceptable, it is desirable.

Hempy McNoodle

I just tried this microwave steam method on some fresh cut afghani to see how her potency is right now. I think I'll let her grow onw more week. But, this method was awesome!

Yes it DOES work for its intended purposes, but NOW I’ve amended a 2nd method using AIR dehydration (NOT heat) that will allow a potency test or emergency fix. The secret X factor is Terploc bags

https://overgrow.com/t/accelerated-...dry-method-thanks-to-terploc-bags-tech/116541

I believe I have something else to unveil. This uses only AIR dehydration/functions in appliances (NO HEAT) I have a Ninja Foodie, AIR cookers that use NO heat for dehydration qualify. HEAT or any conduction is UNTESTED currently, but whatever the temp says, AIR should be cool and the fan/grill to touch. THIS is centered around Terploc bags to rehydrate and develop flavor. I’m about to shave actual air drying to 3-4 days if this works or a combination of applications, necessity to finish without sacrificing, after 24 years I’m about to DO IT AGAIN, completely changing how faster drying is done. IF the pine flavor on my new CripXmas is full than the 1/4 today, I will be able to confirm YES we have an even BETTER way to speed up the process. The FASTEST for sampling will always be micro steam dry, however this may be BEST and FAST. I have an experiment thread on Overgrow, follow the results there, which I will conduct temp increase test, duration of air drying to its maximum in a dehydrator and rehydration time tests.