What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very quick, quick dry method

AKDrifter

I have tried a bunch of quick dry methods. The microwave, almost as described in the original post.
A toaster oven, cut buds fine with scissors and sprinkle on aluminum foil, turn on the toaster oven until the heating elements just turn visibly red, then shut it off and wait about 10 mins to remove. This was better than the microwave.

The food dehydrator, cut fine and 30 mins to dehydrated smoke, mehhh, works.

Patients is always a plus with any grow, here as well. I have found if I just can't wait to test the best thing is to just take a couple buds snip them fine with scissors and sprinkle them on a dinner plate, then let them sit overnight. The smoke is much better than the fast dry methods, and it is still pretty fast. Any place in the house will usually work. You won't escape the grassy green taste, but the harsh nasty speedy dried taste is not there.

I am finishing up a grow, and have not smoked in four months....but going to try to hold out for some properly dried (maybe not fully cured) whiteberry. I may need to hide all the scissors for the next few weeks though.

Cutty

You shouldn't talk trash about the quick-dry method THC. You don't know everyone's circumstances.

For instance I have a 4x8 Sun Hut loaded with plants in 5 gallon buckets. I also had one extra clone that I put in a 5" x 5" square pot and put in there with no veg.
That's the one I chopped and quick-dried just to get an idea of the plants potency at 6 weeks.
This represented approximately 1/1735ths of my crop.

I have hang-dried more than my weight in pot. I think that qualifies me to say the quick-dry method has its place.

:smokeit:

lohocla420

GREAT!! thanks bro... I let sit for 15 minutes after and my fresh cut Juicyfruit tasted and smelled good. best method yet for sure for some quick smoke.

billy571

I was desperate tonight so I cut a small bottom nug off my lemon skunk plant which is only at 6 weeks flowering. Steam dried that bitch and bong hit it, I gotta say I was amazed that I got even a little high. Got to be honest, I'm kinda very high right now. But in a very spacey, hazy way. Very hazy. What's the earliest you guys have taken a taster nug off a plant and gotten a noticeable high? The bong hit was smooth, too. The bud when I cut it off didn't smell dank, after I dried it still no dank smell. Burned okay, but on the exhale I got that taste of good weed. Six weeks down, two or three to go.

so, this is my new favorite way to quick dry my bud; I'm another satisfied customer..ty!...seems like that's a common opinion, sticky worthy?

U

ukganjafarmer

10 MINUTES FROM A BRANCH TO A BOWL

I jacked this from another site & thought someone might find it useful. I just did it cuz desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm a daily smoker that has been out for well over a month. Here's the method:

Well searching around on google lookin for a different quick dry method i found a Microwave Steam quick dry method. I just tried it and wow.....wayyy better than just the regular microwave......you actually have pretty decent taste and potency for quick drying. So I figured id share my find. NOTE: This is not the best way to dry your buds. But it works perfectly for a quick sample bud.

Dankmaster's Microwave Steam Method
A vast improvement in quick dry technology. It does a satisfactory job fairly quickly. Trichomes don’t burst and flavor while not great isn’t awful anymore -- which is all I can say for any of the previously mentioned methods. What the method does is use steam to dry out the weed.

Necessary items

*Tupperware container with lid.

*Buds fresh off the plant (cut into small pieces, don’t shred them – cut into nice little chunks).

*3-paper towels.

*Microwave with power setting options.

*Water.

First, take 1/4 piece of a paper towel and lay it on the bottom of the Tupperware container. Then put your cut up weed on the paper towel. Next, take two paper towels, fold them several times and get them wet. Wring out most of the water. You want the paper towels wet but not dripping. Now, you lay the paper towels over the top of the Tupperware making sure that you completely and evenly cover the top. Then take the lid and squeeze it almost all the way on. When I say almost I mean to get all sides and corners on tight except for one corner to allow the steam to exit. Now your ready to put your steam dryer in the microwave.

Set the microwave power to 40 or 50 %. I recommend 40% -- I tried it on full power the first few times and it didn’t work nearly as well. Now set it for a minute and let it go. Take it out and let the steam evaporate out and let sit for 15-20 seconds. If the bottom paper towel (the one that the buds are on) is wet change it. If the two paper towels you were using are dry make sure to re-wet and wring out and put back over top and put lid on in same way.

Now microwave at 40-50% for another minute and repeat process for typically 3-5 minutes. This is the best method if you need the herb in less than 20 minutes.

sounds good i hoping this tastes better than other quick dry methods! rep+

Rebel4Liberty

OMFG Its still being used after 10 years!!

OMFG Its still being used after 10 years!!

OMG!!!! Whoa how time flies!! Its amazing to see MY method is still being used after all these years. I developed that method solely, for A your "quick" fix and B to determine flavor/potency. Some insist there is no flavor when you smoke the buds, but I was a huge advocate of flushing, and flavor IS dependent on flushing ferts out. And when you flash steam all your doing is removing the WATER you can not burn in the material. IF you have GREEN fan leaves, your bud is going to be HARSH. The more you drain, the better it is and I ALWAYS had yellow fans before I cut down.

It gauged the stored ferts in the plant, and excess kills flavor. Even some fert impacts the how defined your flavor will be. Nothing beats the normal dry, but HOW DO YOU KNOW what the potency is RIGHT NOW. There really is no other method that can tell you this, other than the stream drying, as it SLOWLY but quickly flash dries the water to the point of burning.

Little did I know when I shared this method on the defunct Overgrow.com and Cannabisworld.com that it would be part of history for MJ growers. It was one of a few contributions I made, where others drove me off to ridicule me over the G13.

Yes I am the one the started the G13 quest, and it was spread from VT to CA (Airborne clone) as well, and it THRIVES I see in many crosses. Some of my GFW line seems to have been carried on to. I so miss doing what I did so well in a very constrained environment, but circumstances won't allow it for now.

I am coming back someday, but its quite the lifestyle to go from having 10 different strains to smoke like a spice rack to buying and being overcharged 650 an z to get something of a good medical grade!!!! GAH I HATE THIS FUCKING SYSTEM!!! Anyway, glad to see there are many that appreciate the method for what it is. SAMPLE ONLY, and DO NOT dry the whole crop this way, no matter how bad you want it. I used to get trashed for doing this, and I admit I sampled more than I should have, but those are only the UNDER BUDS or weak under branches, where the light is weak and always let my main buds HANG DRY, but for me its DRY humidity so there is no really slow dry, which sucked as it was too fast in about 4-5 days and not really curing well.

Enjoy what I was able to leave for the community. It makes me feel good to read how most have appreciated a method that works the best IF you do it right, IF you do it wrong it won't turn out right and I have done plenty that were nasty tasting. Flushing again is CRUCIAL to have any type of flavor, otherwise it will be hayish or "green lawn" like... OK this is getting too depressing for me now, it was like a science for me. Hope someday we are free to grow our own or move where it is much more tolerated. Be safe out there

Rebel4Liberty aka Dankmaster of Overgrow.com and Cannabisworld

B

BubbleMan420

When ever i like to take a sample ill just quick dry it with a hair dryer. works oerfect for when desperate measures call. microwave kills potency. hair dryer will not adulterate the potency and bud will taste pretty decent as well.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
food dehydrator

or

baseboard convection type space heater (can get a nug totally dried and smokable in 20 mins)

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
SOME TRULY CRAZY SHIT. . .

SOME TRULY CRAZY SHIT. . .

really shows how time just fukcin flies!! i had to lmao at myself. . .

so i decide i cant wait, was thinking about callin my boy to get me a ten of regs since i ve got another week left on my PRINCESS DIESEL right?

then i remembered how i quick dried in the microwave and it worked but i remember that chlorophyll taste so i says, let me see about how long i should leav it in the oven if i wanted to dry it that way. . .

get on google, gives me a quick dry method thread from where else but ICMAG!!! lmao, so i go through the thread a realize this is the same thread i posted in 3 friggin years ago!!! lmao

well did the microwave method before and know it works, but gonna see if the oven gives a different/better end taste. bud went in at 2:40, gonna take it out at 3 and take couple bong rips to see where it takes me so (once again! lol) i'll be right back with my report in an edit. . .. .

EDIT!! MUTHAFUCKIN EEEEEEDIT!!!lmao yo this quick dry method is truly the shit, and im ashamed i forgot about it since i tried it when the thread was young and it worked.

tried it out in the oven a couple times but that wast too successful, then went right back to the first thread and followed the instructions as before a viola!! i dont find it hard to type actually im typing faster and better!! lmao

Last edited:

727JoN

bump for anyone else looking for some decent quick-dried buds to taste test maturity.

props to OP and dankmaster from OG.

B

BubbleMan420

If ya like smoking and ya dont want to eat it and cant wait to smoke do this. I always do this to test outta nug before i chop. The ultimate best way - and beleive me ive tried everyway in the world thinkable. But this in my opinion has worked hands down for me for years. alright lets get to it.
get yourself a hair dryer and a small screen like a cooking strainer that is steel. Now just blast that nug with the hairdryer for about 5 to 10 minutes or whenever it is dry enough to smoke. The thc level is still there but the taste is not that great. But by all means this way does work the ultimate best. no dissin the nukin method but it tends to leave the bud moist when lighting and it does extract the thc out because of the nukers design to cook from inside out. just my 2 cents. try it out. hop0e this helps anyone in a rush. peace out - from your friend THE BUBBLEMAN