What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very high CBD strains, which ones?

J

Justace

I read the claim in this article http://www.cannabis.info/uk/library/2293-cbd-wave-first-decade-2004-2014/

Banks with CBD-rich strains

CBD Crew. A project shared by Resin Seeds and Mr. Nice Seedbank. The first bank in history to successfully accomplish a CBD-rich scale in the entire descendence of the strains it sells. As of today, CBD Crew and their collaborations are the only way to ensure that every seed is rich in CBD, presenting over 4% CBD (with a higher CBD level than THC level); as such, these strains are the most suitable for a sick person who wants to start using it without the need to analyse first. Reversed Dulce Canna is CBD Crew’s main breeder; their current collection offers CBD Critical Mass, CBD Shark Shock, CBD Mango Haze, CBD Nordle, CBD Skunk Haze, CBD Yummy, CBD Sweet and Sour Widow and CBD Medihaze.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the claim is right on their website, im looking for real world proof, grows and lab tests. even anecdotal evidence trumps a "guarantee" imo.

the claim is right on their website, im looking for real world proof, grows and lab tests. even anecdotal evidence trumps a "guarantee" imo.

again...lab results: http://cbdcrew.org/lab-results/

You shouldn't be so dismissive if you haven't done the research. there's grow reports if you're willing to search. Where are you not looking? It's good to be skeptical Avinash. CBD grow reports are lacking across the spectrum... not just cbd crew.

-pH

RetroGrow

Veteran
I read the claim in this article http://www.cannabis.info/uk/library/2293-cbd-wave-first-decade-2004-2014/

Banks with CBD-rich strains

CBD Crew. A project shared by Resin Seeds and Mr. Nice Seedbank. The first bank in history to successfully accomplish a CBD-rich scale in the entire descendence of the strains it sells. As of today, CBD Crew and their collaborations are the only way to ensure that every seed is rich in CBD, presenting over 4% CBD (with a higher CBD level than THC level); as such, these strains are the most suitable for a sick person who wants to start using it without the need to analyse first. Reversed Dulce Canna is CBD Crew’s main breeder; their current collection offers CBD Critical Mass, CBD Shark Shock, CBD Mango Haze, CBD Nordle, CBD Skunk Haze, CBD Yummy, CBD Sweet and Sour Widow and CBD Medihaze.

The CBD Mango Haze sounds nice, but it seems to be sold out where I have looked.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
again...lab results: http://cbdcrew.org/lab-results/

You shouldn't be so dismissive if you haven't done the research. there's grow reports if you're willing to search. Where are you not looking? It's good to be skeptical Avinash. CBD grow reports are lacking across the spectrum... not just cbd crew.

-pH

i'm not at all trying to shit on CBD crew at all, or be dismissive (hell i've purchased several of their strains, havent gotten to row any out yet) just looking for some third party evidence of their claims, that's all.
something like this:
I know the person who ran the analytics for the CBD crew, and saw his methodology in play, and held the results (TLC plates) from the CBD Crew test grow in my own hands, and can confirm 100% that the CBD crew seeds are all CBD enriched and show the desired THC:CBD ratio in the desired 1:1 ratio. In practice, you may find plants that are 1:2 or 2:1 but they are all cannabinoid type II plants with both significant amounts of both THC and CBD.

From the result of 100 plants I saw that were tested, they all showed the desired Chemotype II profile consistently. You might find a 7%:7% plant or a 12%:12%, but they will all be CBD rich and in a roughly 1:1 ratio.

Hope that answers your question.
-Chimera

support via chimera is very encouraging. thanks for sharing, primalhaze.

J

Justace

Where are my manners?! Thankyou all for your quick responses.
A lot of good discussion for me too mull over.

i'm not at all trying to shit on CBD crew at all, or be dismissive (hell i've purchased several of their strains, havent gotten to row any out yet) just looking for some third party evidence of their claims, that's all.
something like this:

support via chimera is very encouraging. thanks for sharing, primalhaze.

I have the same thoughts as you really, cbd crew can say whatever they like so I need more third party proof also. I too have seen the claim on their website, The article I linked I thought had a fairly unbiased view seems how they shared the story of how cannatonic was actually reggae seeds work and so on.

I have spoke with reggae seeds a lil over a year ago and now grow their revolution(only one grow with one plant so far).They did not claim 100% but this is what they told me-

"All our varieties have CBD, but Dancehall and Revolution are the varieties of our bank that they have more phenotypes with ratios 1:1 THC:CBD, 85% approximately."

"Now we are working to stabilize more of our genetic's and besides we are working for all the seeds of Juanita la Lagrimosa be ratio 1:1. I
suppose it'll be ready at the end of this year."

I Cant confirm this yet, I will shoot them email to find out what's up. this was from jan 2014-

Primal haze, can you please tell me which strain of the crews from your research has the most reliable results? I may try 2 of their strains and have been swaying towards Medihaze for sativa leaning and critical for indica.

Primal haze, can you please tell me which strain of the crews from your research has the most reliable results? I may try 2 of their strains and have been swaying towards Medihaze for sativa leaning and critical for indica.

Hi Justace,

Ive run Yummy and its a great smelling/tasting/relaxing smoke. The highest test thc and cbd scores i've seen online came from these. Also stable in sex and phenotypes.

SkunkHaze has high test numbers and it is supposed to be very stable in its growth. That is what Jeff Ditchfield uses in the his Bud Buddies video I posted.

I've seen enough reports of hermies from cbd nordle, shark and CMass that I wouldn't opt for those.

I didn't get any herms from Yummy, SNS widow or Z7.

I haven't read any finished reports from cbd mango or medi haze. I think those strains are supposed to be more cbd dominant than 1:1... I personally prefer higher thc than cbd ratios.

If I wanted to buy a 1:1 strain and not worry about running a bunch of seeds and/or having them lab tested... i would get cbd skunk haze or cbd Yummy.
If i wanted a high CBD pheno and have the space and time for clone selection... then I would pick cannatonic or Z7.
If I just wanted to run some fun new genetics and dont really care about ratios... then any of the newer cbd strains will work.

-pH

LandoftheSky

Myself and a small group of folks have been working in Kentucky as processors where CBD is being grown with the states pilot study programs for Hemp. Apparently the Stanley's were rooted here for a bit with Kannaway. I've seen photos of their facility and are in the process of extracting a little bit of the raw material into edible oils from the various strains that were cultivated. Mostly being AC/DC, Valentine X, and Charlotte's Web. But Charlotte's Web is seriously the slowest vegging plant I've ever seen, and what do you folks think of the weird marble leaf defect going on with it? But from the tests I've seen of terpene profiles via the greenhouses and outdoor plots, the Charlotte's Web doesn't have a single special terpene over any other the CBD resin plants

LandoftheSky

But I'm hoping to be able to help out with some seed production this year after processing to spread some crosses of the above strains far and wide and to try to fuck up the Stanley's strain hoarding. Anyone want some AC/DC, CW, Valentine X crosses?

RetroGrow

Veteran
But I'm hoping to be able to help out with some seed production this year after processing to spread some crosses of the above strains far and wide and to try to fuck up the Stanley's strain hoarding. Anyone want some AC/DC, CW, Valentine X crosses?

YES!!!!

J

Justace

Thanks primal haze, much appreciated!
I will be doing a search anyway but can you remember if the herm problems were just a few late flower nana's or full blown hermaphrodite's?
Late flower nana's I can deal with as the pollen is damp and heavy, not much risk of accidental pollination and can actually be used for easy crosses like sg1 from Sanctuary gardens suggest's.

Howdy Justace,

if you search for CBD Crew 3 Strain Test Grow you'll see a thread with some hermsters mainly on CMass, be careful though...some herm threads get a little :huggg: emotional. I found 1 other thread that said they got nanners on CMass @ 8wks

Yes Avinash, grow out those Yummys. You'll love the smell 100%.
sorry I was shitty earlier

http://trichome-world.com/category/strains-test/cbd-crew-strains-test/

Landofsky, please tell us more from the land of hemp...

-ph

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran

if you're talking about making these available at some point on seedbay or something, then yes!

what is the difference between CW and AC/DC?

N

newtothiscoco

if i remember this right, all the european hemp is high cbd :)

just cross a eu hemp plant with your strain and you most likely get a high CBD content in your next generation (if i remember right)

hoss1111

I just popped an older reg pack of cannatonic 9 seedlings going strong. Also 5 cbd crew yummy fem and 1 shark shock fem that I may chuck as I plan on making f2 seeds and don't want any hermi pollen contamination happening.

ECtraveler

Veteran
Siren's Call male (Harlequin x Canna-tsu)
picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts