What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very high CBD strains, which ones?

Betterhaff

Veteran
Wow, that’s really screwed up. You are allowed to grow your own plants but not able to have a source to have them tested?? The director of whatever says it is meant for “tracking” of seed to sale requirements. Sounds like they are only wanting to capitalize on the retail business and not the health and well being of growers and patients.

Wouldn’t testing be taxed? I know it’s not cheap but if people are willing to have it done and pay for it (taxes included) wouldn’t that make more sense…wait…more sense??

medicalmj

Veteran
Howdy,

not too much action on this thread... anybody growing high cbd plants?

Out of my curiosity about what CBD-only strain went into the making of sativex... i found this cool link

https://archive.org/stream/CANNABIS...IVA AS A PHYTOPHARMACEUTICAL#page/n1/mode/2up

it looks like they used a turkish landrace with high cbd no thc
Yeah, had a seed I found tested at about 1:1 (9% thc and 10% cbd) but there's not much interest from patients/dispensaries. Got 1 in flower and a small one in veg that I plan to keep as a mother. Studies suggest a synergy w thc and cbd for shrinking tumors but it seems no one is getting the memo...wtf, eh? Seems people only equate weed w its anti-nausea properties not the fact that it kills cancer.

Anyway, gonna keep her for posterity. And she's a very floral offspring of blue cheese. Very deceiving plant with the dankness and sugar coated trichs. You can smoke the shit out of it and only get a slight high.

So I gotta ask, what kind of CBD strains would be adviced as a painkiller/xanax like effect now a days?

I went some pages back and noticed some people referring to effects like that but *shrugs*.

Sooo, I was thinking about planting the following outside this spring:

Royal Queen Seeds Euphoria
Royal Queen Seeds Painkiller XL
Barneys Farms CBD Critical Cure
Barneys Farm CBD Blue Shark

and these indoor

Grass-o-Matic - Med Gom 1.0
Alphakronik Genes - Stephen Hawking Kush (20:1/5.1/Sin CityxKush pheno pheno's)
Maybe 1 CBD Crew or Dutch Passion's CBD kush
And some other just pure indica's indoors.

Could someone please enlighten me which would be my best bet for pain, spasms, esophagus pain and asthma due to reflux and so on and so forth.

Gonna vape and eat them btw, never really going to smoke them :). Just saying.

homebrew420

I have a list of verified via Steep Hill Halent here in Colorado
R14er, s1 of R4, aka Charlotte's Web- CBD21.39% THC 0.91%
Tora Bora CBD13-15% 8-10%THC
The Wife, found by 303 Seeds if I am not mistaken, CBD18% THC 0.3%
Ambulance, again 303 seeds, something like CDB12% thc 12%, i am waiting for my coworker to get back to me....

we are currently growing out 8 females from a seed run of my Bright Cookies male to the R14er, for some Bright Medicine. These will be tested to verify med value, and seeds are available here in CO, and soon on firestax.
The unlimate goal is to figure out and lock in the high CBD ratio in progeny. I have my Magik male which also pollinated the Wife, R14er, Ambulance and Tora Bora. Back crosses will help us narrow this down faster.

This is going to be a primary project over the next year. Medicinal seeds in a multitude of flavors. The individuals with an approximate 1:1 are going to give you the most benefits according to the docs I have spoke with. CBD only is more for children or nerve disorders?damage. Just my 2 cents

Peace

Hmm well all of the ones I mentioned are either 1:1 or 1:2 except for the Stephen Hawking Kush. However, Alphakroniks themself say it works for pain etc. so I checked leafly but it's not on there so I checked Harli-Tsu and most user reviews say it works for generalized pain, skeleton pain, nerve pain etc. etc.

I'm not sure though, never had a 20:1 strain before and they don't breed those over here (not enough demand compared to recreational) so can hardly test it lol, hence me asking if other people know :).

Some research says High CBD strains work on GERD (which is a major problem for me) and general GI problems as well.

Seriously, you can read so many researches and whatever but the best source has to be user input so if anyone with chronic pain/gerd/something like that tested it in the past I would love to know how well it works.
I've seen people say that, pain wise, 3 hits feel about the same as 600mg Ibuprofine, sooo I'd have to hit it for a while for sure but eh, gotta get some user imput on all of the strains mentioned or if there are better strains (seeds, no clones, not legal here) to get:).

shegrowsflowers

I'm hopefully picking up some legit ACDC for a patient this week to grow. I'm in california and have been trying to make contact with anyone in CO about R4. I'd drive there tom to pick up a clone or some seeds but the place who started the R4 and was giving it away just doesn't anymore??

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Sin City Thunderstruck.72 days flower, this IS great medicine.

Sin City Thunderstruck.72 days flower, this IS great medicine.

picture.php

J

Justace

Hello,
I am looking at buying some cbd rich seeds from herbies.
Is it true that only cbd crew can guarantee that all the offspring will be atleast 1:1?
This would be the deciding factor for me as i cannot test in my country and would like the assurance of knowing I have atleast some cbd.
Any help appreciated tyi.

ECtraveler

Veteran
Is it true that only cbd crew can guarantee that all the offspring will be atleast 1:1?

No, they are absolutely not the only ones who can claim that. That said, I would go for whatever CBD offerings are the easiest to get where you live.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yhea, claims/guarantees be damned... where are the cbd crew grow journals and lab tests? this is the first i've heard of any ratio guarantee, seems like a great idea if you have seedstock that you can stand behind for those ratios.

yhea, claims/guarantees be damned... where are the cbd crew grow journals and lab tests? this is the first i've heard of any ratio guarantee, seems like a great idea if you have seedstock that you can stand behind for those ratios.

lab results: http://cbdcrew.org/lab-results/

quality standard :http://cbdcrew.org/quality-standard/

The CBD-crew quality standard offers growers/patients:

100% CBD-rich seeds: all seeds germinated are CBD-rich.

For the strains that also produce THC: we aim to have THC in a 1:1 ratio with CBD. To know if you really have a perfect 1:1 you’ll need to test a sample of your flowers. When testing large populations of seeds (for example 100 seeds of the same variety producing both THC and CBD), we noticed that the average results tend to show a 1:1 ratio, ranging from 1:0.5 to 1:2

Tested products. All products sold under the CBD-crew logo have been tested accuratly and have been grown in natural conditions. It’s not always possible to use only natural products to grow our seeds, for example when we want to produce feminized seeds, but we try to serve patients with their requests, for them we are ready to do exceptions.

CBD-crew was created to help patients grow Cannabis varieties that are CBD-rich. Project CBD, a California based non-profit educational service dedicated to promoting and publicizing research into the medical utility of cannabidiol (CBD), defined CBD-rich in the following way:

For purposes of data collection, “CBD-rich” has been defined as 4% or more CBD, regardless of THC content.

The amount of CBD that a given strain contains isn’t the only factor influencing the effects it will exert when ingested.

The ratio of CBD to THC may be as or more important. Terpenoid and flavonoid content also appear to be very important.

I know the person who ran the analytics for the CBD crew, and saw his methodology in play, and held the results (TLC plates) from the CBD Crew test grow in my own hands, and can confirm 100% that the CBD crew seeds are all CBD enriched and show the desired THC:CBD ratio in the desired 1:1 ratio. In practice, you may find plants that are 1:2 or 2:1 but they are all cannabinoid type II plants with both significant amounts of both THC and CBD.

From the result of 100 plants I saw that were tested, they all showed the desired Chemotype II profile consistently. You might find a 7%:7% plant or a 12%:12%, but they will all be CBD rich and in a roughly 1:1 ratio.

Hope that answers your question.
-Chimera

Latest posts

Latest posts