What's new

Very high CBD strains, which ones?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
one of the brothers is all over Facebook promoting vitamin supplements lately.

they lucked into a big ole pond of money from that 1st TV show
and with some good PR they are turning it into an ocean.

After reading Huel's review I might just try flowering his cut out.
I picked it up at the MI cup and brought it back to the east coast because
a few months ago everybody was out of their minds trying to find high CBD there.
figured I'd pass it out but all anybody wants is the glue cut.

...first time poster, long time lurker!

Thanks for posting that Huel, there's not alot of information about actual cbd effects.

Thanks also for stating that if people want high cbd only plants, just grow out some cannatonic. All of these charlottes web, ac/dc, r4 phenos are not so special. Just more cannatonic seeds need to be popped and tested.

These high cbd only clones seem to only be best for stanley's pockets, cbd only laws and dravet's. I would think the real medicine is going to have ratios with high cbd and THC!

303 seed snowpack sound nice, but wouldn't growing out cbd crew Z7 be a better option? 20% cbd and 15-20% thc sounds like a stretch. 35-40% total cannabinoids? Has any strain reached that, don't the chem lines top out around 28%? Did they post the test results anywhere? Resin seed's dieseltonic is reported at 17%thc 11%cbd. Scott from rare dankness tried it and said it was like being high the first time again.

Has anybody else here smoked high thc and low cbd weed? Was it pleasurable? I made some crosses with CBD yummy and am enjoying it so far.

Sorry man, didn't see this post until now...

When it comes to smoking almost all CBD / almost no THC (38:1 ratio) flowers 3-4 hits off a joint will give you almost no buzz at all but you will get sense of well-being, kinda tough to describe. As for pain relief, a few hits is like taking 400mg of ibuprofen. If you were to smoke the entire joint (15-20 hits) you would get a light buzz that you definitely can feel but you would not be stoned, not a typical THC high that would impact your train of thought but your entire body would feel nice. One thing i recently just noticed last month at the Cannabis Cup is that after smoking a couple entire joints to myself it actually made my mouth feel numb in the same way a little bit of blow off your finger in you mouth would.

When smoking flowers with a ratio closer to 1:1 CBD seems to have an impact on how THC effects you. First thing you'll notice is that CBD seems to slow down the onset of the high, giving kind of a creeper effect. It also seems to lengthen the duration of the high by about 20%. CBD also seems to reduce some effects of THC while at the same time increasing others. It tends to take the edge off the high so to speak, making it less intense mentally and reducing some racy aspects of the high like paranoia and anxiety. On the flip side of that it increases the effects felt on the body buzz side. I tend to mix some of my CBD rich flowers with my THC rich flowers any time i'm rolling joints these days because i like the way it alters the high...

When it comes to smoking oil, same 38:1 ratio is enough to give me a awesome heavy body buzz and enough of a mental high to make all my cares melt away. Same goes for edibles too, i make low strength capsules that i take daily that tested at 1.40mg of THC, 70.64mg of CBD, and 75.24mg of total cannbinoids each. One capsule by itself and i won't feel much if anything (unless i take it with a smoothie, the power of terpenes is fucking amazing!), 3 capsules and i have a strong body buzz and a nice mild high.
After about a half gram of oil through my g pen my body is numb and i feel like i can conquer the world, or just go to bed lol!

These are my opinions base on my experience, not shit i read about online... While i really enjoy a high influenced my CBD some others do not, these are usually people who really prefer a sativa high. Hope this answers your questions.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High THC is very normal around here. High cbd is not. 303 has had these tested. They say CBD levels approaching 15% so I'm thinking anywhere between 10-15%.. Wont know until I test it. Growing Z7 is fine if you can find it. doesn't really matter what you grow you will need to have it tested to know even with Z7. Z7 is basically Cannatonic. I cant find any data that has the THC% OF z7.

CBD Crew - Z7

Z6 and Z7 are 2 selected phenos from crossing Resin Cannatonic female with Mr Nice Afgan x skunk male. The regular version of Z6 and Z7 is coming from recrossing the 2 selected F1 phenos again with the same afgan x skunk male, while the fem version comes from crossing the 2 selected phenos (female clones from them) with the Cannatonic again reverted with the STS to work as a "male".

The only info I found was this.. Look at the THC pretty low.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some of the current Z7 from Shantibaba and the CBD Crew (Mr. Nice and Resin Seeds) has tested 15.52% CBD and 10.22% THC, almost 2.5 times the previous Z6 that had some phenos with ratios of 1:1 that were of approximately 5% for both CBD and THC.
[/FONT]

Hi Frostbyte, you're right about the Z7, it is basically 75% cannatonic.

that's what 303 is breeding to their high thc snowcap. I bet it will be super dank with a relaxing high. I'm not knocking it, just saying an un hybridized Z7 would probably be better for someone looking for consistent cbd or for breeding.

If 303's Z7 is 15%cbd and 10%thc, then wouldn't the snowcap need like 30% thc to have a chance at those big numbers in the offspring? I would think half wouldn't even have cbd.

I'm trying to figure out myself how these cbd enriched plants are bred and what the different effects from different ratios are. I crossed yummy with a la nina male and the one test plant was awesome with a totally different high than im used too, so i imagine if you get anything close to 20%thc 10-15%cbd, you'll love it.

I have some Z8 X AfghanHaze going at the moment with some other cbd strains, so I'm looking fwd to experimenting.

I wood

Primalhaze,
It has been my experience that people who prefer indicas like the high CBD buds.
Myself, not so much, but that was not a surprise but expected as I prefer sativas.
When I was first experimenting with it I was very frustrated because after trying it normal buds did nothing but relax me a bit. That lasts about 10 hours for me.
I thought it would be good as "joke " pot for someone who you didn't really like, but after more research I discovered that some people actually liked it.
Everybody has their own chemistry to work with, to each his own.
It does make the best topical though, that seems to work for everyone.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I was doing Chemo the guys @ 303 sent me a bunch of there seeds. This is the 1st time I have ever had a strain with high THC and CBD. I.m not looking to breed anything. If I find something worth keeping I will do that if not I will cull them. All I can say is there description of Snowpack says 20% THC Aproching 15% CBD. Here is there description.

The Snowcap cut we procured from Denver grower extraordianaire eyecandi is a beautiful sativa spirit trapped in a easy to grow hybrid body. The menthol/citrus is so potent that it permeates everything, including the concentrates made with her resins. Paired with the CBD rich Z7 we're seeing even faster finishing time and rich dark berry terpene profile blending with the menthol/citrus. With CBD levels approaching 15% in our tests, with matching THC profiles generally between 15-20% this is a potent treat that can potentially assist with a huge variety of ailments. Treat this one with love and she'll share her true sativa spirit with you.

Mother: Snowcap - eyecandi
Father: Z7 - (CBD Crew)
Genetics: (Haze x Humboldt Snow) x (Cannatonic x Afghan/Skunk)
Grow Difficulty: Easy - Recommended for all growers
Phenotype: Sativa/Indica Hybrid
Indoor Flowering Time: 8-9 weeks

ECtraveler

Veteran
So do these get you high, or just "medicinal"? I know the CBD blocks the THC receptors, but will the 5% extra THC get you high?

In my experience they do. My favorite smoke right now tested at 16.34%THC and 9.57% CBD and provides instant pain relief complete the traditional recreational high.

HatchBrew

Veteran
Problem is, Charlotte's Web is not the answer for everyone. As big a factor for some is the terpene profile and the THC ratio. All these ingredients work together, and each patient has different requirements. By passing laws in some states allowing "Charlotte's Web" only, as if it were the magic bullet, is just a power grab, and a phony "compromise" by the prohibitionists. They want to appeal to the ignorance of the average person and pretend, falsely, that one strain is the answer. They are just muddying the waters to keep other strains illegal. A case in point is Florida, where the governor endorsed only Charlotte's Web, as if it were the only medical strain.

That is so funny. Typical of mainstream american culture to deem CBD somehow more "medicinal" than THC, just because CBD treats physical rather than mental ailments. Mental health is considered of minor importance here. Just keep the people in working condition. In addition, the branding/marketing makes it all the more American.

There is still a stigma against mental illnesses, as crazy as that is. It's as though an illness of the body is not the patients fault, yet an illness of the mind is the "crazy" person's fault. Terpenes are very important in healing in some cases, but they are being excluded in some of these "new" laws, which are trying to single out "Charlotte's Web" as the only medicinal herb. The Stanleys are also pushing this notion, as they would like the market to themselves. Totally absurd, which is usually the case when politicians get involved. Governor Scott in Florida signed off on Charlotte's Web, making ONLY that strain available to qualified patients. He is against medicinal cannabis in regards to all other strains.
How stupid is that? Hopefully, on November 4, the voters of Florida will over rule his perpetuation of ignorance. Problem is, they need 60% of the vote, which isn't easy in a state rife with evangelicals and elderly. The young demographic has shown a propensity to avoid voting, which killed the bill in Cali a couple years back. Hopefully the youth vote will come out in Florida. It's in their hands. If they are too lazy to get out and vote, the bill could be defeated.

Some sound and excellent points folks. Thank you. Completely agree that Marijuana isn't just thc or cbd... it's the whole plant, all the cannabinoids and terpenes working together.

There is a cut available at a local dispensary called ACDC info they provide is 1% thc to 20%cbd.

Have a good one!

I've heard good things from the Snowcap, I had a friend in BKNY around '06 saying snowcap was the best sativa he would get delivered.

There should be a good mixture of ratios. I hope you find a keeper out of it, i would think selection and testing will be key with them.

The Snowcap cut we procured from Denver grower extraordianaire eyecandi is a beautiful sativa spirit trapped in a easy to grow hybrid body. The menthol/citrus is so potent that it permeates everything, including the concentrates made with her resins. Paired with the CBD rich Z7 we're seeing even faster finishing time and rich dark berry terpene profile blending with the menthol/citrus. With CBD levels approaching 15% in our tests, with matching THC profiles generally between 15-20% this is a potent treat that can potentially assist with a huge variety of ailments. Treat this one with love and she'll share her true sativa spirit with you.

St. Phatty

So, what is smoking oil / concentrate from a decent THC/ high CBD strain like ?

decent buzz buzz + noticeable physical relaxation ?

or more subtle ...

Howdy I wood,

I normally prefer the narrower leaf varieties. Haze hyrids, but I do enjoy a narcotic broad leaf at times too. I don't discriminate, they all have their places.

What did you experiment with? high cbd no thc varieties or 1:1 types?

Primalhaze,
It has been my experience that people who prefer indicas like the high CBD buds.
Myself, not so much, but that was not a surprise but expected as I prefer sativas.
When I was first experimenting with it I was very frustrated because after trying it normal buds did nothing but relax me a bit. That lasts about 10 hours for me.
I thought it would be good as "joke " pot for someone who you didn't really like, but after more research I discovered that some people actually liked it.
Everybody has their own chemistry to work with, to each his own.
It does make the best topical though, that seems to work for everyone.

I wood

Thank you for not descriminating, I do not either, currently juggling 18 strains.
Some hard decisions will have to be made, so many good choices these days.

Originally I tried blue cough at 1:1. Blue cough was finicky and not very productive.
I stopped growing that after being given a Cannatonic #4 that tested at 15%CBD and under 1%thc.
I don't care for the buds or RSO from either but patients like the Cannatonic #4 both ways.
Medibles are about 50% of what I consume and I had great hopes for buzz free pain relief.
The effects were Valium like for me, content but unproductive usually ending with a nap.
I do get excellent results when mixed with high thc oil to get about a 1:1 ratio and used in a topical. Bone pain, arthritis, muscle spasms, and anything that itches are some of the things I use it for, amazing really.

jackel

I grew a clone of Sour Tsunami. I tested it and it came out with 17.5 cbd, 0.5 thc. That comes out to over 35:1 ratio if my math is correct.
It have a slight buzz for a few minutes then went away.mthen ur muscles didn't hurt anymore.
I'd highly recommend that strain for cbd. And it doesn't have cannatonic on it.

Mcgrh

Here's a question I'd like to throw out for anyone interested in a bit of mental masturbation... Suppose I grew out a bunch of high CBD strains from seeds indoors this year (2014) and cross pollinated everything in one big growroom. Some of the seeds that get cultivated then get tossed into an area in my yard next year (2015) where I won't actively care for them. What ends up growing and goes to seed is then kept for the 2016 season.

Here's where I have a question; In 2016, I'll have a bunch of high CBD seeds that can technically "grow wild". If I go around and toss a handful of seeds out the window every few miles around Colorado, would that wreak anarchy or create some sort of paradise?

I doubt the plants would take over and wipe out the local fauna, too many people would be out hunting for CBD in the wild. I doubt it would kill the medical marijuana industry because not everyone would be interested in traipsing the backwoods hunting for wild pot. Maybe I'm just an idealist wanting this medicine free for everyone, maybe I want to some sort of Guy Fawkes version of the marijuana world.

Anyway, your thoughts?

St. Phatty

If I go around and toss a handful of seeds out the window every few miles around Colorado, would that wreak anarchy or create some sort of paradise?

Anyway, your thoughts?

The slugs snails rabbits and other critters won't know who to thank for their delicious breakfasts of sprouted cannabis seeds.

Seed drops have to protect the seeds in infancy or the sprouted seeds are headed for the brunch table.

I have thought about using copper or steel wool + toilet paper + seeds as a seed drop mixture. It might slow down the slugs & snails but the rabbits ...

Good luck! Hopefully your seeds will land in fertile ground. I've heard when there's a good idea, it can come to many people, but only a few will act on it.
Hypothetically, one could have already tried this and found out that just hand scattering seeds will not do well unless under excellent conditions.
Something like Fukuoka's seed ball technique would help with dispersal and germination success.

http://youtu.be/5_5eoUojVpI

Crossing some tough land races to your cbd strains would help too. Nepalese, Lebanese, Moroccan, Swiss...

Here's a question I'd like to throw out for anyone interested in a bit of mental masturbation... Suppose I grew out a bunch of high CBD strains from seeds indoors this year (2014) and cross pollinated everything in one big growroom. Some of the seeds that get cultivated then get tossed into an area in my yard next year (2015) where I won't actively care for them. What ends up growing and goes to seed is then kept for the 2016 season.

Here's where I have a question; In 2016, I'll have a bunch of high CBD seeds that can technically "grow wild". If I go around and toss a handful of seeds out the window every few miles around Colorado, would that wreak anarchy or create some sort of paradise?

I doubt the plants would take over and wipe out the local fauna, too many people would be out hunting for CBD in the wild. I doubt it would kill the medical marijuana industry because not everyone would be interested in traipsing the backwoods hunting for wild pot. Maybe I'm just an idealist wanting this medicine free for everyone, maybe I want to some sort of Guy Fawkes version of the marijuana world.

Anyway, your thoughts?

Mcgrh

The last two posts are giving me a lot to think about!

I'm liking the concept of "seed bombing" the countryside. I have no idea if steel or copper wool will stop the slugs and snails, but I'm sure it won't be good for the environment. Eggshells maybe?

I could get 6 seeds, mix them with some crushed eggshells, mix that with some wet roots organic soil and somehow coat it with clay soil. Dry it, then next day go out and fling it out the window in BLM Land.

Hmm, this is 2 years down the road, but this is how great ideas start. Then again, I'm stoned right now so this idea may sounds real stupid when I read this tomorrow.