What's new

Very high CBD strains, which ones?

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
@huel perkins
As someone with a legit high cbd cut, could you describe what the effects are like? I know it doesn't very you "high", but I'm assuming there are some noticeable effects. Like tension relief, relaxing of muscles, etc?

Thanks
-gil

Regarding the CBD crew seeds, I would recommend the following (and I one day plan on doing the same myself).

As others have commented on already, not every seed will be a high % of CBD. A little work might still be needed to obtain the ideal producer of CBD but at least they have greatly reduced the workload. Buy a pack of 5-10+ seeds and a TLC or HPTLC at home test kit (if you can't get stuff lab tested that is). Plant, keep a clone of each then flower. At the end, test a sample of each odds are there will be at least a few with 1:1 THC-CBD ratio. Now take two that have that ratio (or just two clones of one specimen) apply silver thiosulfate to one to revert to a male, use that pollen on female. Their progeny will have 25% that produces all CBD, 25% all THC and half that is 1:1. Now you have an all CBD producing pheno to do with as you please (produce CBD only medicine or combine in whatever ratio you want with THC only extract from a different specimen). Of course it is possible you could just buy a larger number of seeds and grow them all out and test them to do the same thing.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
@huel perkins
As someone with a legit high cbd cut, could you describe what the effects are like? I know it doesn't very you "high", but I'm assuming there are some noticeable effects. Like tension relief, relaxing of muscles, etc?

Thanks
-gil

What i noticed most of the time is that it calms you down in a spiritual mood of meditation, especially with a higher content of THC.Without THC is difficult to tell.I smoked a lot of an autoflower from the Kirov region in the 90s.

Keep on growing :)

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
I've considered one of those home test kits, but they're pretty expensive, and I'm guessing not all that accurate? Maybe they are, but I doubt I would feel confident with the results. But they might actually be good just for seeing the ratio of cbd/thc. And I suppose the ratio is just as important, if not more than the amounts.
Anyone else care to sharetheir impressions of high cbd effects?

-gil

Croptober

I smoked some high cbd stuff from a friend and it made my body numb and relaxed. It was really different from everything I have ever smoked.

I wood

I've considered one of those home test kits, but they're pretty expensive, and I'm guessing not all that accurate? Maybe they are, but I doubt I would feel confident with the results. But they might actually be good just for seeing the ratio of cbd/thc. And I suppose the ratio is just as important, if not more than the amounts.
Anyone else care to sharetheir impressions of high cbd effects?

-gil

Cannatonic #4 is too much like Valium to be of any use to me, always leads to a nap. This is not shocking since I tend to like sativas. I don't care much for any indica dominant strain.
The cut I have was tested at 15/1 thc/cbd.
RSO made from it does work wonders in a topical though.

One patient refers to it as "executive weed", because you can go to a meeting and still do math in your head after medicating with it.

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Thanks for the input guys.
I wood - I assume you meant 15/1 cbd/thc, and not thc/cbd?

I dint really know much about the scene in Colorado. Are clones sold/given out there? And if so, so you have to be a resident?

-gil

I wood

Thanks for the input guys.
I wood - I assume you meant 15/1 cbd/thc, and not thc/cbd?

I dint really know much about the scene in Colorado. Are clones sold/given out there? And if so, so you have to be a resident?

-gil

Yes, good catch. Thank you.
15 percent cbd to one percent thc.

For the best results in a topical I mix it with high thc rso for about a one to one ratio.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
it's been years since I grew out my Cannatonic beans but they were feminized S1's of a high ratio Resin Cannatonic. I never felt any high from the 1 to 1. the all CBD pheno would wreck any hint of a head high for me. the all THC pheno was enjoyed by many but I do not care much for it. potent and mind numbing it was not a good time for me and Catatonic was how I felt.

This was pre-Sanjay and I never found a soul who wanted anything to do with the CBD pheno's after they sampled them. Still hoping to find someone with MS or something who might benefit from my stash.

I grabbed a clone of the Perkin's cut @ the MI cup anyways to pass around to others who
might find it helpful.

If you find any enjoyable benefits from the psycoactivity of normal 21st century cannabis
than I predict you will probably not enjoy high CBD strains IME.

my THC dominant cut from the Cannatonic.

picture.php

Huel Perkins

Veteran
@huel perkins

Thanks
-gil

Sorry man, didn't see this post until now...

When it comes to smoking almost all CBD / almost no THC (38:1 ratio) flowers 3-4 hits off a joint will give you almost no buzz at all but you will get sense of well-being, kinda tough to describe. As for pain relief, a few hits is like taking 400mg of ibuprofen. If you were to smoke the entire joint (15-20 hits) you would get a light buzz that you definitely can feel but you would not be stoned, not a typical THC high that would impact your train of thought but your entire body would feel nice. One thing i recently just noticed last month at the Cannabis Cup is that after smoking a couple entire joints to myself it actually made my mouth feel numb in the same way a little bit of blow off your finger in you mouth would.

When smoking flowers with a ratio closer to 1:1 CBD seems to have an impact on how THC effects you. First thing you'll notice is that CBD seems to slow down the onset of the high, giving kind of a creeper effect. It also seems to lengthen the duration of the high by about 20%. CBD also seems to reduce some effects of THC while at the same time increasing others. It tends to take the edge off the high so to speak, making it less intense mentally and reducing some racy aspects of the high like paranoia and anxiety. On the flip side of that it increases the effects felt on the body buzz side. I tend to mix some of my CBD rich flowers with my THC rich flowers any time i'm rolling joints these days because i like the way it alters the high...

When it comes to smoking oil, same 38:1 ratio is enough to give me a awesome heavy body buzz and enough of a mental high to make all my cares melt away. Same goes for edibles too, i make low strength capsules that i take daily that tested at 1.40mg of THC, 70.64mg of CBD, and 75.24mg of total cannbinoids each. One capsule by itself and i won't feel much if anything (unless i take it with a smoothie, the power of terpenes is fucking amazing!), 3 capsules and i have a strong body buzz and a nice mild high.
After about a half gram of oil through my g pen my body is numb and i feel like i can conquer the world, or just go to bed lol!

These are my opinions base on my experience, not shit i read about online... While i really enjoy a high influenced my CBD some others do not, these are usually people who really prefer a sativa high. Hope this answers your questions.

Huel Perkins

Veteran
it's been years since I grew out my Cannatonic beans but they were feminized S1's of a high ratio Resin Cannatonic. I never felt any high from the 1 to 1. the all CBD pheno would wreck any hint of a head high for me. the all THC pheno was enjoyed by many but I do not care much for it. potent and mind numbing it was not a good time for me and Catatonic was how I felt.

This was pre-Sanjay and I never found a soul who wanted anything to do with the CBD pheno's after they sampled them. Still hoping to find someone with MS or something who might benefit from my stash.

I grabbed a clone of the Perkin's cut @ the MI cup anyways to pass around to others who
might find it helpful.

If you find any enjoyable benefits from the psycoactivity of normal 21st century cannabis
than I predict you will probably not enjoy high CBD strains IME.

my THC dominant cut from the Cannatonic.

View Image

Good stuff bro! Good example of how some people who have always loved a THC rich variety just don't care for CBD rich varieties at all, we all have different tastes.

Let me know if you have any questions along your journey growing the Perkins Cut, she can be a tough plant to grow. Its actually the toughest plant i've grown, some guys have told be it made them feel like a beginner again...

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Sounds awesome. In my older "family oriented" years, I don't really smoke much anymore. So the edge of your seat, racy high that I used to look for, is now way to intense for me. My tolerance has gone down so much, that it takes almost nothing to make me uncomfortable and anxious....however, I really miss some of the more relaxing and body soothing qualities of cannabis. I hope one day I can try both the high cbd flowers and the 1:1 type stuff.
Unfortunately I'm no where near Michigan. I have no problem ordering seeds, but without testing its kind of pointless.
Thanks for the info! Exactly what I was looking for.

-gil

have not read it all-

Years back i grow some pakistan valley,,would try to smoke those with high CBD-they behind says it very rich on CBD-one thing for sure-it gave me those "narcotic" feeling as they says,it should...but the strain stink as gasoline-taste as dirt and acid a bit in mouth...not those buzz feeling in the head-only in the body..give it a try mabye-and Afgan Kush i also tried-lots better smell and taste and buzzy feeling-

just my input . ) out again...good luck anyways..

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
I think I got that. Thanks for the input. I'm guessing English isn't your first language!?
Actually I just saw an article in a magazine about some high cbd afghani.

-gil

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
AHEM, The Stanleys who are a family of growers in Denver have bread a strain called Charlotte's web which is less than 1%THC and 21%CBD. You can see the whole story how they are treating kids with epilepsy with it on the show Weed-with Dr. Sanjay Gupta

-aka-

chimera has the cbd lullaby available and house of the great gardener is currently crossing most if not all of his thc strains to up there cbd. looking forwrd to more available. Thanks for keeping this thread going interesting stuff Peace