What's new

Very high CBD strains, which ones?

Most commercial strains have been bred for THC not CBD. Thule gave ya a good answer. RSC is probably your best bet but even that is a crap shoot. Feral hemp is more than likely is your best bet. If ya can find it.
I wouldn't trust the big commercial seed companies for this type of info. Too bad Pops is awol because he was a big source of info on this subject.

E

elmanito

Cannatonic from Resin Seeds is example with 6% CBD according to Canna Research.

picture.php

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

corky1968

Veteran
I got what you need

I got what you need

Hey Gringo,

I grew some Lebanese that has much more Cbd than Thc.
It's a knockout buzz, if your looking for higher Cbd than Thc.
I can't PM you with the details as your a new member. PM
me when you can and i'll lead you to a Cbd plant if you
want.

B

bakunin15

I think I herd somewhere that GW Pharm are working on a breeding project specifically for high CBD content. They wont sell the seeds but they'll sell the resin, for studies at first I suppose, but in the future who knows.

Very difficult to breed for CBD without an expensive reliable testing method needed for many samples. Smoking your samples and looking for "knock out" weed is not reliable.

Flying Goat

Well, guys, I'm that 1 crazy person out of 1,000 who is working with landrace ruderalis & improved ruderalis genetics gathered from all over the world... I'm a fibromyalgia patient & activist & have other patients in my group with inflammatory-based illnesses (Hep C, Crohn's, degenerative arthritis, etc.).

Some of the ruderalis I am working with tests out at a whopping 3% CBDs... CBDs occur naturally in the plant & work as an agonist for the THC. It is the CBNs that result from degradation of the THC.

Because there are no power-hitting pain plants on the market with high THC & high CBD, I am crossing & back-crossing to create my own... Time will tell.

In the meantime, however, I intend to make tinctures, oils & budder from these solid rudi genetics in an attempt to treat/reduce the inflammatory aspects of the various illnesses of the people in my group. Most of these are under physicians' care & have regular lab tests which can document any change in liver functions or inflammation levels. So long as their "other" meds remain stable, if there is a change for the positive, it will be the CBDs doing it. When we see positive change, we can begin to taper off any pharmaceutical anti-inflammatories & NSAIDs, monitoring progress all the way.

I am also building a seed/pollen bank in anticipation of Alabama legalizing MMJ in early 2011... Beans will be available to medical patients upon request.

Hey there FG, great to see you here!
The MS spacticity in my legs responds particularly well to CBDs, Ive tried all types of smoke but it really is the rudis and feralish hempy "junk" that loosens that up a lot. I was running esbens Guerrilla gold x danish passion and Ill wager theres some rudi in there cause the tightness washed right away. Same goes for autos, by the same logic I guess.
I can work on call as a human CBD detector LOL. What a job, Ill even buy a tie.
P.

love?

Cannatonic from Resin Seeds is example with 6% CBD according to Canna Research.

picture.php
Very interesting! There's two samples with similar results too. I wonder if they are from the same clone or if the strain consistently gives phenos like that from seed.

I've never heard of Resin Seeds, are they a reputable company?

love?

I happened to come across something relevant while reading the Mr Nice forums: http://mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=3557

shantibaba said:
Over the passed few seasons a few select people including myself have been silently moving closer to a well bred THC: CBD strain.
We are close with a F1 seed not just a single plant that will be cloned to death. So even though this is a great achievement I still would consider the seed to breed true in the F1 stage to be the most valuable jump for medicinal reasons.

In the coming months and after a series of testing in the lab, we will reveal the work we are up to on this topic

Flying Goat

Howdy, Pindulinka -

Muscle spasm is my primary problem as well. If it keeps up too long, the strap muscles in my back & neck begin to feel like steel cables... Then the migraine hits.

I'm charge up about the rudis because I smoked some HBD for the very first time & it REALLY had a huge difference! At first, I was convinced it was psychosomatic, but now I realize it was the Holy Grail I have been searching for!

Thank you ever so much for being such a generous person!

Cheers,

FG

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would love to try that Cannatonic strain. The Canabanoid profile looks nice.

I just did some checking and the data on that sheet does not match with the breeders data.

Last edited:
Forget about Wos. Real seed co may have some strains that contain cbd but it's alot of trouble going thru the different phenotypes and even then you might not be sure. You might wanna look into hemp and make your own cbd strain or just make hash oil from hemp, that's the easiest route. I've been smoking cbd shit since 2005, it's no miracle drug, makes you tired.

What CBD strains have you tried? The reason I'm interested in CBD is not for any specific medical condition but because it has been found to be a possible prophylactic (sp?) for Mad Cow Disease- no shit. Here's the link --- http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7362

Hey Gringo,

I grew some Lebanese that has much more Cbd than Thc.
It's a knockout buzz, if your looking for higher Cbd than Thc.
I can't PM you with the details as your a new member. PM
me when you can and i'll lead you to a Cbd plant if you
want.

What is this about PM's? Is it some kind of forum rule?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
What CBD strains have you tried? The reason I'm interested in CBD is not for any specific medical condition but because it has been found to be a possible prophylactic (sp?) for Mad Cow Disease- no shit. Here's the link --- http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7362

I've made some crosses with industrial cannabis sativa and diffrent afghan lines to nail down the the bd allele. Mazar i Shariff and Kullu jungli from RSC were among the lines used but some had no cbd to begin with. I'm now going thru the f2's which are mostly cbd plants. Hehe, mad cow disease! That's a new one :D We had a contaminated farm just down the road from my place, I'm glad I've been taking the right meds.

Cbd is very good in stopping anxiety attacks dead cold but due to it's tiring effects I wouldn't smoke it in public. It pretty much kills your motivation to move at all. It all depends on the dosage though, too much will really give you a headache.

Found this pretty accurate:

"THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) gets a user high, a larger THC content will produce a stronger high. Without THC you don't get high.
CBD (Cannabidiol) increases some of the effects of THC and decreases other effects of THC. High levels of THC and low levels of CBD contribute to a strong, clear headed, more energetic high.
Cannabis that has a high level of both THC and CBD will produce a strong head-stone that feels almost dreamlike. Cannabis that has low levels of THC and high levels of CBD produces more of a stoned feeling. The mind feels dull and the body feels tired."

FG- How did I know I would find you here girlfriend!?!

LazyGringo- You have to have 50 posts to receive a PM. We all had to go through it.

FG- Ok, you have worn me down, I will grow some high CBD strains.

I have chronic severe pain, chronic severe nausea and chrons (all sorts of not so great tummy issues), and with all the indicas I smoke for pain relief I can get depressed, so I have an uuplifting sativa like golden goat for mood elevation. I need to spend more time exploring high CBD strains and see if that will help out with the whole feeling like crap the majority of the time.

I'd be interested to try the cannatonic. I think I woul dlike to try to smoke the strains first before trying to grow them, to see if they would work for my conditions, as garden space is tight these days and it seems that when I add a stain to the medical garden my husband makes me get rid of a strain. God forbid I throw out one of his fave strains though... LOL

Tom Hill

Veteran
I'm fairly certain such an animal only exists in theory to date. A homogeneous F1, certainly, but homozygous? It would be interesting to hear more. -T

Kaneh

I'm fairly certain such an animal only exists in theory to date. A homogeneous F1, certainly, but homozygous? It would be interesting to hear more. -T

Shanti sayed "...seed to breed true in the F1 stage". Does he mean that CBD trait breeds true in F1 stage but not further, F2, etc..?
This would be normal.
In another words, maybe he just means that 100% of his F1 seed will have CBD-trait?

Latest posts

Latest posts