What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very high CBD strains, which ones?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
peanutbutter said:
What about munchies? Was there any? tia.

Not that I can remember. Imo munchies are partly mental, and I don't think cbd is psychedelic enough to do that. I wasn't even expecting to get a buzz in the first place cause the strain only had max 3% cbd so I can't say I'm an expert on the effects. We'll have to see after I make some oil.

E

elmanito

Thanks for the link.I found someone today who got hemp seeds from Turkey.He germinated the seeds and because it was just hemp he destroyed the plants. :crazy: I sended him a mail if he had more seeds from this strain so i hope he has still more.I found seeds today at home of Durban x Kompolti Hybrid. so this will be another strain to germinate.
Munchies is not caused by CBD but THC.I smoked a mother strain of Finola in the past and i must say i never had the munchies.CBD is more the medicine for the side effects of THC.

Namaste :canabis:

G

A lack of munchies would indicate the presence of cannabinoids that decrease munchies .. THCV?

Side effects .. munchies are caused by THC .. they are a "side effect" of THC. So does CBD offset this side effect? Or does CBD not impact that single "side effect?"

E

elmanito

THCV seems to decrease the munchies and you could find this cannabinoid in south-african strains and south-east asian strains.To get the munchies is mostly caused as "side effect" by the cannabinoid THC.
Tachycardia can be a serious side effect of THC and CBD seems to decrease the Tachycardia side effect of THC.
CBD is also a good medicine for your hart and thyroid gland when it is working to fast, i found out.

A

Afghanicus

Can phenotype give a clue as to whether a plant is high in CBD or not. Is there a special type of pheno to look out for? ie leaf type, growth habit/form , amount of resin production etc? or is CBD level independent of phenotype?

E

elmanito

You can't see on the outside of a Cannabis plant if it is a high CBD or low CBD chemotype.The production of resin won't tell you anything if it is an CBD-chemotype.The resin contains all kinds of chemical constituents (cannabinoids, terpenes).
If you live in the part of the US where in the earlier days hemp was grown for fibre and you will find such a wild variety than it is possible than that phenotype can contain a high amount of CBD.To figure that out you have to use Thin Layer Chromatography or make cuttings let them flower and try them if it is a female one of course, otherwise just pollinate a female plant and grow the seeds.
CBD has a sedative effect.The higher the CBD in a drugtype the more sedative effect you will experience.I experienced that in the past with hash from Afghanistan.

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
I have a feral hemp male in flower now. The only seed of 40 that germed. Hopefully, I will get some pollen that I can use on my most resinous plants.

G

hi everybody

hi everybody

i hope you are ok, i would ask if someone know if a reference of hemp variety names with cbd percentage exist ? i found a few common names of french hemp but not cbd contents.....thanks....peace
stay safe

dg

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
There are some French hemp strains that have a BO allele and produce CBG instead of CBD. The BO allele is believed to be a mutation of the BD allele.

Last edited:
G

much thanks

much thanks

pops : thank you very much man, and elmanito : thank you very much too , this link will help me so much, you are very nice guys, i researched this type of information since a so long time...i am nothing but if you need something, if i can do something one day, i don't know what..whatever..pm me..sincerely
peace

dg

Last edited:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Docgreen, it seems that a lot of us are now looking for similar strains. Finally, we seem to realize the medical value of CBD. We need to remember that, in general, hemp and Ruderalis strains have lower total cannabinoid levels than drug strains. A drug cultivar that contains both THc and CBD will have higher total levels of cannabinoids and should be able to be bred to contain mainly CBd in the 10-12% range, possibly even higher. Sam the Skunkman has bred one that is over 10%. Dr. Geoffrey Guy at GW Pharm. says he has one that is pure CBD. Don't know if he used a hemp strain or not.

E

elmanito

Docgreen
No thanks at all.You're welcome.

Pops
Gw Pharmaceuticals got the CBD-strain from Hortapharm.They bred a pure THC-strain and a pure CBD-strain.These strains are now used for the Cannabis medicine Sativex.
Problably is the CBD-strain the one with only Bd/allele and the other one with only Bt/allele.I know they were working with a Thai-strain.

Nerd_Weed

Pops said:
Great idea,Thule. Dubi thinks the Chinese Yunnan may have a pheno with high CBD. Ngakpa states that many of the Himalayan charas strains will have CBD. There are a lot of flavors there to work with.

The Mazar and Sheberghan I am growing now are in the 4th week of flower. They are not happy plants, as I just don't have then dialed in. I have no idea what the flower time will be indoors, but I imagine they will be 9-10 weeks. They are not the Kush type, but have a lot of sativa. Seem to be nute sensitive. I am growing this batch in soil, but plan to do a hydro run next. Most plants are tall with wide internode spacing, though one pheno of the Sheberghan is skinny,with multiple short branches.

I think you will like the Chinese Indica. She clones like a dream, unlike the Affies,which are very hard to clone. I just threw away 4 clones that have been in Rapid Rooters for 5 weeks and never grew a root.

Like you, I have some of the Kullu jungli, as well as Pahari Farmhouse, Malana,Kerala,and Parvati. I also have some Kasol,Manali and Punjab, though I know nothing about them. I also have some Paki kushs(pine tar kush,Hindu kush and laspur) that will probably have some CBD. Tom Hill told me a while back that he would be making some more Paki X-18 seeds and would get them to me.

No one really knows what the terpenes will do other than add flavor to the smoke. An organic chemist friend told me that linalool and myrcene make for a heavier stone, while pinene and limonene produce a lighter stone. Greenhouse Seeds had a post in their forum where they told the flavors that some of the terpenes produce, but no one has said about how the terpenes affect the stone. With over 160 terpenes, there could be quite an effect.

Hey Pops, I saw in the "Question For Sam Skunkman on Hindu Kush"http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=85992&page=1&pp=15&userid=1250 post 7 by Sam talking about those sativas that contaminated the Afghani indicas more and more. That makes me kind of sad...

Your plants may be not happy because they are not well adapted to indoor light. How are they doing now with 6 weeks ?

May I suggest water curing to remove the terpene factor ? or will the water oxidate too much THC ?

Keep on the research ! I'm trying to starting my own :)

Cannabeard

I have just read this thread and find it very interesting, to say the least. I believe that the information you guys are finding is the info I need. This is square one for me, and I hope to cram some info in my head for my wife's sake, and find a way to help her (MS). I have nothing to add at this juncture however I will be hanging around here for the long haul. Keep up the good work guys, I am planning my endeavor down the CBD path of enlightenment....:D

Peace and good health

PAGreen

Howdy folks. Harborside Health Center in Oakland is currently testing all of it's medicine for THC, CBD,and CBN. We've found only a few strains that have a signifigant % of CBD. One was a purple strain from Mendo, supposedly Erkle but might be anything. It tested at 5.8% CBD. All of these were done A GCMS machine by a Bay area lab set up just to test cannabis for medical clubs.

G

Are you able to test for more than those three?

How much are your fees?