What's new

Vertically in cab

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
you can easily get a 400w in there, you will just need more intake holes on floor and a 250cfm fan as exhaust.

Propoline

Hey hey :wave:

I'm so short on time during week, but I'm making some slow progress. I extended the bottom doors, and fill the holes on the sides. Originally was the floor of the cab raised for 8 cm, so I had to remake the cab a little bit, to get those 8 cm on height. And I have to make all the air intakes in next few days, and then I m ready for some fun.

Here's a pic (before)

canpow, nice you dropped by again, tnx for kind words

Pirate138, also glad to see ya around... as I mention before, this is going to be my first cab, so I want to take things slow, and I believe that 150 will give me enough for my needs

doobieman2259, tnx for stopping by and kind words. I try to keep things simple/effective/clean. Well, about efficiency will time tell, if I succeed.

samba, nice to see ya

mrgrowmez, thx a lot for your input, my fluoros are 15W T8 Osram Lumilux. Here are some spec

Cool white - 850lm / 4000K / 640

Warm white - 950lm / 830plus

Daylight - 750lm / 5400K / 954

Flora - 400lm ( only 2 tubes, just for some extra specter )

Last edited:
G

Propoline

Very nice job. You are quite the handy fellow. And since you are so good at constructing things, I was wondering if you've thought about making some kind of reflectors for your floro tubes? No sense in wasting any light from the back side. Good luck on the grow!!

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Cool! Nice to see other people doing a vertical grow like myself. Nice pictures your cab looks good too!

I was kinda partial to flo's not too much heat issues..

Anyways cant wait to see some green in there.

canpow

Hi Propoline

While this post lasts i will stop by! :D

Hope you get more time to finish your cab and start growing! :D

Propoline

hey folks,

its been awhile since I was around here, and I thought Id post some pics up, about whats going on. I have pretty much finished the cab, just a few final touches, and its done. There are 2 girls in flower in there now, so Ill had to wait till ~20/4/08 to get some homemade indoor buds for me :jump: :jump: . I started with 3 White Satins & 3 Kalichakras, and only get 2 females out of 6 seeds (1xWS , 1xKch ). They were vegging for about 40 days, and were switched to 12/12 on 19 days ago. I'm also vegin some Durbans From Sensi, and some Hashberrys & speed Queens from Mandala Mike.

9/12/07

07/01/08

21/1/08 - switched to 12/12

30/1/08

after some training

:wave:
Propoline

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
very nice. i likey. love the organization and cleanliness of it all.

G

First I must say that you cab is a true work of art. Man, you made it work...

Second, you picked the perfect config, doing verticabs are hard to configure cause of how to get the plants in and out and still maintain the most efficientcy.

Third, good strains!

Fourth, my only complaint. You could have gone with a nice sized fart fan with <2.0 sones and the thing would not only be quieter, but also give you a carbon option. Two fans would have ran the whole thing. One for the veg and seed/clone, one for flower. You would have paid more, but quiet-ness comes at a price.

All in All, crzy props to you ALL DAY, cause Clean cabs with inovation and a "work with what you got" attitude are very rewarding. Plus that's an awsome spiderweb scrog you had goen there! lol.

Propoline

Thanks for stopping by & nice words guys. Dasme...actually I have a CAN 100 carbon scrubber hooked up to 365 m3 in-line fan, cooling the HPS and pushing air thru scrubber, all on speed controller which is set on min. I can always redesign it like you said, but since I have a lot of power unused on that in-line, will probably just hooked up everything on the one I already have. The noisiest things in my cab are the smallest PC fan and hps ballast.
At first I thought I would be doing a vertical scrog, but for next round I will just train the plants in line ( top it, and then the top two sides train in horizontal way ( ---!---- ) ....when they are long enough will snip the tops again, and just let the secondary growth to grow up ), and with 4 trained like that I can easily surround the cooltube.

Here's a couple of shots off utility room

Propoline

A few more shots...just to get you guys up to date. These are from yesterday on day 19 of 12/12. The strech is almost done, so I expect them to start faten up slowly.

WS bud

Kalichakra bud

Propoline

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
yer flower area is only a foot and a half wide?! you are goin to have nice buds all the way down the plants>
good thinkin on the vert> for this space :) they penetrate about ten to twelve inches
so you could have made the cab like @>% feet wide and still have usuable light to the walls>maybe next time eh :)
keep the updates comin :) be well

Poodo

Looks great. I went 150 watt vertical also,but put this metal barrel hamper grate type thing between the lights and the plants. I have the soil part on the outside of the grate and weived the tops trough.I figure out the pic thing tommarrow.Your set up makes me want to redo some things in mine. peace