What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical Scrog

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not yet......spent 6 weeks in and out of the hospital trying to internally bleed to death 3 months ago but...still got the crop in ;-)

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
not yet......spent 6 weeks in and out of the hospital trying to internally bleed to death 3 months ago but...still got the crop in ;-)

I wonder how many people are going to come read this thread now. And it is not about growing but your whining bohoo story.:moon:

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
I wonder how many people are going to come read this thread now. And it is not about growing but your whining bohoo story.:moon:

ibc....LOL.... :biggrin:
dont even go there...ive seen that fuckin US 1 truckin rc,rig with the bud for the past years....i still gots me US1 truckin rc set....WHAT!!!!!!!!... :tiphat:

HL45

Veteran
And here I though Ichy was dropping knowledge on us again. ......There goes another 45 seconds of my life

bobblehead

Veteran
I tried telling you guys itchy hasn't grow anything since '13 maybe early '14... When he converted his whole grow into a chicken coop due to him being too much of a cheap ass to buy chicken feed and having a surplus of mites in his basement for the chickens to feast on. He's been trolling icmag ever since.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I tried telling you guys itchy hasn't grow anything since '13 maybe early '14... When he converted his whole grow into a chicken coop due to him being too much of a cheap ass to buy chicken feed and having a surplus of mites in his basement for the chickens to feast on. He's been trolling icmag ever since.

So says the top breeder of super mites. The ones that bit my dog and pick there teeth with marijuana branches after eating all the leaves on a plant.

H

Huckster79

This verticle concept has inspired me. I, in a 6x6x7 room... Way I look at it is instead of 36 square feet of grow space I have quadruple that minus the door!

My question is, currently I have 1000w hps in a vented sealed reflector and two 300w (140 true) supplemental led.. I run peak temp of 86 and w the co2 enrichment they are happy right there....

If I took out my sealed hood and hung that bulb naked in same room- what's ur guys edjumakated guess I'd have in temp rise? I could handle a couple degrees but not many more without ac....

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I dont know. I vent to a lung room right now that is not sealed. I bring in cold outside air to the lung where it is mixed with the hot air from the flower room and blown back into the flower room.

But it seems to me that this would over heat your room with out some kind of cooling. Maybe a cool tube would work best if you cant have a lung room. But you will lose some of the light as heat in the cool tube.

Apache Kush

Bad ass Vertical set-up!

My mind was kinda blown, the pics of the screens w/ buds really did look like plant art..

A nice drying room too...

I need to read more on vert grows it seems thx for sharing. Good work good vibes

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Bad ass Vertical set-up!

My mind was kinda blown, the pics of the screens w/ buds really did look like plant art..

A nice drying room too...

I need to read more on vert grows it seems thx for sharing. Good work good vibes

Glad you like the thread. You should read more vert threads. I dont post here as much as I use to. Still running the screens.

What happens when your ceiling is only 8 foot high? Bud get flat on on side growing against the ceiling like this bud by my Fiskars.

Kind of funny when that happens.

Earlmarne

Holy crap, I have just undertaken growing my own meds. Came to vertical because it just makes more sense to me than a hood.
Now I come onto this thread. Freakin genius, i have been vegging some cinex for over a month now, figuring out here eating habits and such. Getting about time to flip. I will be building some of these screens for sure.
I had it in mind just to hang a single bulb but this system seems I could do away with any kind of larfy stuff.
Is there any good reason I shouldn't run 2000 stack instead of 1600? I only have 1000s atm.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Holy crap, I have just undertaken growing my own meds. Came to vertical because it just makes more sense to me than a hood.
Now I come onto this thread. Freakin genius, i have been vegging some cinex for over a month now, figuring out here eating habits and such. Getting about time to flip. I will be building some of these screens for sure.
I had it in mind just to hang a single bulb but this system seems I could do away with any kind of larfy stuff.
Is there any good reason I shouldn't run 2000 stack instead of 1600? I only have 1000s atm.

I ran 1600 in this room because of heat issues. I am currently using two 1000K stacked. If you can keep the heat under check there is no reason why you can not run a double stacked 1k set up.

Other than the heat you will need to have the plants back a little more from the bulb. So have a little room to move the screens back till you know how your room works just to be safe.