What's new

Vertical first attempt

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
CyrilSneer, Thanks for checkin in, not sure about the source of the burnt tips but if that's all we have to worry about, it's going pretty well and we will figure it out later when we have nothing better to do...

Thanks MC:wave:

Thanks PineBoy, I cheated by using hydro, I always cheated on tests in school too... I'm pretty sure the carbon is big enough, I hope.... I have other odor measures standing by.

Hey Red, good to hear from ya, Thanks for the kind words...

Aseurat, Thanks!

Echo, Thanks for checking out my thread, Yes I used the Bayer to kick the mites, it nuked them immediately, haven't seen another since. It's very important to catch bug probs in veg because I wouldn't use the Bayer type products in flower. That said, They are the silver bullet if you can use them safely.....

Hogs, Thanks, ask anything ya want here, we learn from questions....

So, I had my first vertical mishap this morning, While pruning I lost my bearings and melted my hair to the 600w... Luckily it was easily repaired by getting a much needed hair cut. I also had to power the light down and scrape my hair carbon off it with a razor blade.. I have added a cheap baseball cap to my list of vert safety equip.

I also swapped the 400w HPS back to the 400w CMH for the finish.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn good job Aero. Hard to believe this is your 1st try.
The larf report will tell alot, but I think you will be very happy overall.

:tiphat:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Hi Aero.. can you explain the advantage of the MH in late flower? Just curious :thank you:

It's a topic of debate, not all agree but I believe it does increase resin production a tad bit..

Thanks Marlo,
Like everyone told me, I should have trimmed more but it's one of those things ya have to see first... Larf doesn't look too bad except the very back bush I couldn't trim as well as the others.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I'm hoping your generous floor space reduces larf. Not being pinned against the walls has to be an air improvement. Even the pics look more bud than larf, especially the tops.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
hey DB, yes, thanks to some members suggestions, there isn't alot of larf but there are a few places I couldn't prune after the roots swallowed the air stones.. Next run I am going to be using all of the floor space and will need to modify the hydro system so i can remove the plants for pruning all the way to the end.

I also know what and where to prune for next run.... Thanks to everyone for the help..

bobblehead

Veteran
4 out of 5 dentists recommend Trident. I always wondered who that fifth dentist was.

However if it just wasn't that special it would never be run a second (third, fourth, and fifth) time by very experienced growers that have dozens of strains available to them.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with her. I wish you had some photos of the sub par stuff.

:joint:

I'm not going to debate the quality of the LVPK with you... Bag appeal is there. I'm not saying it's a bad plant, I just think that I've found better ones in many of the seeds I've grown, and clones I've kept. Unfortunately I never did finish my LVPK grow, b/c spider mites LOVE her (before I discovered forbid). post a picture... psh... lol... This bag is yours, you know what it looks like.

Ok, just for funzies... :D Ultimate Strawberry Diesel (on the left) I just finished growing vs. LVPK (on the right)... Not knocking it, but if I tell you which one my patients like more, you won't be happy...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0947.jpg
    IMG_0947.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0948.jpg
    IMG_0948.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

nice tight o-ring you've got there ...

nice tight o-ring you've got there ...

love your weedhole homie !!

Heh, just kidding, it is April 01...

My battle with the camera continues, white balance sucks but I'm going to post the pics anyway..

Day 55 12/12:

Simply amazing!
The simplicity of the grow is very attractive, I believe your going to harvest better than peeps I know with 25+ plants and 3+k of lights.

This thread is a keeper and a valuable study!

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Cravenmore, Thanks!! Lol@ weedhole..

Budshoteyes, Thanks for the words, hoping for a nice harvest, lots of room to dial that space in for more buds. Can't wait to start next round..

Thanks yourcorpse, megayields, and StealthDragon..

Well, it's day 60 and they are on straight R/O water and stinkin something aweful.. I'm going to try to get some bud shots up tonight, we could end up with a 4/20 harvey, I wouldn't mind spending that day trimmin..

I just realized, I have nowhere to dry these nugs...lol

In the past, I usually go get a large appliance box and dry it in the bedroom. I may be doing this again unless anyone has some better ideas, maybe a cheap tent that could later be used for veg, moms somethin. I better get on the ball.

Wick420

Amazing Aero. So many buds! I have my harvest day planned for 4/20. 9 weeks came around that date so I thought why not, gotta be some kinda good luck. Well good luck to you, and cant wait to see some harvest pics. Peace

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Wick, cool bro, we will be counting the days til 4/20...

Here are some pics of the flush so far, looks to be going well:

Here are some shots of the lower canopy, in some ways, I think it came out better than the upper canopy, the 400w really performed here. I think there is more weight in the lower canopy.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
those are some nice looking pics...looks like you changed something, I like it better.

This is gonna be a great harvest man...congratz in advance.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
those are some nice looking pics...looks like you changed something, I like it better.

This is gonna be a great harvest man...congratz in advance.

It's just because the CMH is back in. My whole problem with this camera is the white bal doesn't work well at all. Lights on the pics are poor in color, lights off I am lacking ambient light to get clear pics. I'll get the lighting solved by harvey for some good bud shots, even if I have to buy another camera..

Thanks Bobble:wave:

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Damn man I am in awe of your mighty weed doughnut. Simply amazing bro.

It is hard to tell from the pics but I was wonder what is the height of your top bulb in relation to the the plants? So like is the top of the bulb where it goes into the socket even with your tallest tops or higher or lower? Thanks man.

Latest posts

Latest posts