What's new

Vertical first attempt

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Hey MileHighGuy, your blueberry harvest looked pretty good with those t5's nice nuggage...

Thanks DB...lol

Bobble, thanks, Yes, I can almost taste them........ Home stretch..

I gave them the squeeze and smell yesterday and I can't wait.. The GDP has the sweetest smell, kinda like grape juice concentrate..
The RB smells like sour blueberries with a sharp almost choking finish.
The CM gets the stinker award, smells like someone left the lid off an old gas can, causes involuntary face wrinkle upon smelling.. I'm not sure if CM is supposed to smell like this but it's rank... I am certainly keeping this pheno for other projects

D

DHF

How many wks yas gonna take em Bro....Heath sent me his re-worked Critical Mass yrs ago and it was almost identical to your take.......Nasty....

Yielded like a mofo but the kick wasn`t there...hopefully yours has more oompah to it....Gonna need some chicken wire on da ceilin next run ta hold up all them nugz compared to the string spiderweb yas got this time...

I ran 9 week rotations regardless , but kept 1 room fer headies ta make em be all they could be , and you`d be shocked at how long it takes ta get the most outta EVERY "elite" strain/variety I ever dialed......Way too long for rotations.....11-14 weeks ?......on Kushes and Chem`s guaranteed...

I see some tip burn , but I`m sure you`re droppin ppm`s at this point in the game right ?......Drop em till yas see the bigger fans cannabilizin themselves , yellowin off , dying and fallin off the plant , but don`t stop feeding.....

They`ll show on their own as the ppm`s drop and the plants start eating from stored juice inside the fans and sugar leaves in the nugz/colas.....

Top shelf shit my buddy.....It only gets better from here......

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Damn son u did kill it! I have to read this thread over as I just skimmed through... but u nailed it by the look of the pics and I;m sure there's lots of useful info on how you done it in here...

Cheers mate, cool grow :)

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Hey DHF, The plan is 10 weeks but I may take them 11 depending on how they look. I cut ppm's down to 300 about 5 days ago, I'm going to drop them again in 2 days, then flush a week after that.. Some of the leaves are already starting to yellow, i'm not sure where the tip burn came from but I never took them past 600 - 680 ppm's the whole ride. Maybe build up in the hydroton?

Thanks for the info on the CM I have never grown it before and didn't expect the intense smell based on reports I have read. Those same reports claimed it wasn't the frostiest strain but mine is very frosty... It's the snowiest of the bunch.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Hey DHF, The plan is 10 weeks but I may take them 11 depending on how they look. I cut ppm's down to 300 about 5 days ago, I'm going to drop them again in 2 days, then flush a week after that.. Some of the leaves are already starting to yellow, i'm not sure where the tip burn came from but I never took them past 600 - 680 ppm's the whole ride. Maybe build up in the hydroton?

Thanks for the info on the CM I have never grown it before and didn't expect the intense smell based on reports I have read. Those same reports claimed it wasn't the frostiest strain but mine is very frosty... It's the snowiest of the bunch.

For me I like to flush at day 49 to chop at day 63. I use 5 gallon buckets and would never think of letting my kush go much past 63.

As for tip burn, I think the plants are just saying they've had enough and are getting ready. I use clearex to flush the salts out of the hydroton and root mass.

:joint:

D

DHF

Mine was frosty too , but as I said.....proof`s in the pudding.....I`m hopin it`s a monster in all categorie`s for yas Bro...

Tip burn comes from several "variables" such as calcium uptake outta whack......

Many things ta get usedta lookin for when growin and dialin.....

Lookin for couple lbs outta these 6 plants in my hopeful opinion/experience......but....It`s hardta really analyze pics......5.5 oz average per plant sounds high , but I`ve got faith......hopefully MORE ?......:dance013:

Peace.....DHF.......:ying:.....

Edit: Hydrosun....Can`t give yas rep fer some reason , but I`ve never run the LVPK.....All the others pissed me off with too much internodal spacing between nugs along with lack of yield , but that`s just me.....I was pretty demanding of my production rooms......

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Hydrosun,
Yes, that's a good plan, I usually flush around day 50 but I'm running 3 strains I have never run before, rather flush a little late than soon. I have grown lots and lots of blueberry and none of them have been done before 10 weeks no matter what they say. My RB is showing very strong blueberry traits so I'm figuring them to finish 10 + weeks.

DHF,
I was trying to guess the yield last night, stared at them for a good long time and I'm pretty sure even the smallest will be over 4oz and the RB's look like they will be close to 8 oz each. This is all guessing of course but I'm usually in the ball park. I don't believe I could guess from pictures though... I will be shocked if there isn't 2 lbs there... and lots of dialage to go with that space. Going to add more plants, more watts, and more veg next run, plus monocrop. Funny thing is I was shootin for a pound... I love doughnuts.

~Shhh~,
Thanks for the kind words, yes it's all in the thread. If you don't see something you want to know about this grow just ask, be happy to help...

CyrilSneer

Tip burn comes from several "variables" such as calcium uptake outta whack......

this got me thinking..

sorry Aero I hope you don't mind :pirate:

first I want to say.. looks like you've got some chopping to do just to get at that 400... its lost in the forest!! Great job! :)

about the calcium uptake, I never had tip burn.. ever till I used Majical for a mag def. My tap water is hard so I felt I never needed the calcium. Now I get tip burn a lot. I put up with it because its easier to look at than the mag def. Could I be giving them too much cal?

D

DHF

Calcium deficiency shows up as brown rust spots all over the fan leaves , while mag deficiency shows up as yellowed leaves with interveinal chorosis/streaks in leaf veins....

It`s hard ta gauge tap water and it`s properties when growin dope , but I usedta run 1/2 tap and 1/2 R/O with up to 5 ml per gal Cal/Mag on most varieties in coco , an almost 10 per with Chem D....the whore...

Peace...DHF....:ying:....

bobblehead

Veteran
I'm not impressed with the LVPK. I've had it from several growers... and it's just not that special.

P

pine boy

Mad props to you Aero,You have achieved what I have been trying for some time now.:respect: :friends:
You have my blessings toward your harvest.Is your carbon big enough?
Because,DAMN!!! Thats going to be a stinking pile at cut time.
Way to go:greenstars:

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good Aero :D:D, loving tht donut wheelies ya got here :canabis:
frosty too i might say

bobble: either its mislable lvpk or the grower error, shes in my garden right now and shes doing all kind of special thing hahahah ;)

cheers,

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I'm not impressed with the LVPK. I've had it from several growers... and it's just not that special.

4 out of 5 dentists recommend Trident. I always wondered who that fifth dentist was.

However if it just wasn't that special it would never be run a second (third, fourth, and fifth) time by very experienced growers that have dozens of strains available to them.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with her. I wish you had some photos of the sub par stuff.

:joint:

aseurat

Ye gods, Aero! This harvest is going to be freaking legendary! Never even considered a vertical grow and now I'm rethinking fogponics entirely in response to this thread!

Can't wait to see the yield!

echo_chamber

Just found your thread AH, amazing work there man. I saw early on you had some mite problem and used Bayer product, i assume it did the trick? Did it happen to be Bayer Disease & Mite Control? I'm already a huge fan of their stuff for root aphids. Thanks for any input there, always looking to see success stories with mites and what was used. Take care man!

hogs

DHF anyway you can post a link what those Cal and Mag problems look like as you said??
Hope ya don`t mind me asking here ...Nice V.Grow btw...WoW

Latest posts

Latest posts