What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical first attempt

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
whoa! it's almost time to trim again!

Impressive as well as inspirational bro. I need to get on it, I got some catching up to do.. :)

Yea bro, trimming is what I do now, full time job, I haul a 5 gal bucket of leaves outta there, blink my eyes, turn around, and it's time to trim again!!! It feels wrong to toss all that plant matter. I can't wait until I am trimmin leaves with trichs on them because instead of the toilet, they will get the washing machine bubble bag treat :)

You gotta get your room going, this is too cool!!!

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks and respect BL, I can't wait to see your trees, I am going to be lurking your thread so I can learn a thing or two because trees are my next passion from here....

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Oh, I almost forgot, I did try the white board on the lights, and there is not enough light to read from above the top 600w light with it just it on...

I have my lights staggered on startup by 10min because I am pushing my wall power to the max. The 600w hanging lights first, followed by the 400w floor stander 10 min later. As soon as the 400 HPS below the hanging 600w lights, I get light on the white board, it's not coming from the hanging light.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
ok Aero..enuf talk...inquiring minds need PICTURES! (lol)

:prettyplease:

Love to post some pics but I won't be home until tuesday, it's going to be wild to see them after 3 days growth during stretch.. I did put a metal wire cage around the bottom light and raised the top bulb for piece of mind.

It was hard to leave them but work requires me to travel occasionally

Thanks Fo20:wave:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Good news, the rig passed it's first test of being left alone. It was only 3 days but it's the longest it's been left on it's own to date.
I came home to find a PH of 5.7 EC .7 and missing 7 gallons of water.

It was a really good idea to add that extra 15 gallons by swapping the res out.

Here are some pics of the progress it's either day 8 or 9 of 12/12, loll forgot to check my own thread...

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
damn I don't even know what to say...

:lurk:

what did you make the bottom light holder thingy out of? just like a bent piece of metal or somethin?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Three days and all is well! Soon enough you'll be up to visiting it only once a week! Very cool that she is so stable, 5gal buckets seems to be every grower's best friend.

:joint:

Ptone

Just finished reading through the thread... Great stuff man! Keep up the good work and Subbed. Can't wait to see how those ladies turn out.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Great stuff Aerohead, I'm looking forward to what they do later in flowering. Keep up the great work dude:)

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
That's f'n dialed in to maintain your pH after all considerations. Wow, 7 gallons in three days, that's drinkin'.:friends:

I can already see all the bud sights tiering toward the lamp. Nice job with the trimming, it's gonna be some pipe.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Three days and all is well! Soon enough you'll be up to visiting it only once a week! Very cool that she is so stable, 5gal buckets seems to be every grower's best friend.

Hydrosun, I have to thank you for convincing me to swap to the 10" pots. You didn't know you convinced me but you did, I lurked the thread 6 vs 10" net pots and it was hard to find any fault with your results. You kick ass with 5gals for sure... I originally didn't think pot size mattered much.

Thanks!!

That's f'n dialed in to maintain your pH after all considerations. Wow, 7 gallons in three days, that's drinkin'.
smiley_abzv.gif

Disco,
Thanks, They are drinking too much IMO.. The hydro is dialed but the room needs some work.
I think they are drinking so much because Humidity is too low 30% or so. Ambient is 50% and they reach that lights off but lights on is a factor.

I have been reading some of DHF's posts regarding RH being very important for the room to be dialed completely. I may start by removing the covers on the netpots to try to get the RH up a little, doubt that will be enough though.

One thing saving me regarding the heavy water intake is that the ladies are eating very rapidly too. I have to add nutes daily to maintain EC 1.0 so I am adding nutes with each water topoff.

The reason I run low EC is because the buds smoke alot smoother in the end and yield doesn't seem to suffer..

Thanks Red:wave:

Welcome to the thread Ptone and OrgAeroMan, Thanks!!!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Drinking v eating.

As you mentioned yours are doing both so once again the system is looking tits.

I think the truly dialed systems have the plants eating and super growing at all times. Many factors can stunt growth, but I think temp and nute mix are bigger factors than RH.

That being said I am very interested in the effects of RH on plant growth. I really think that the veg and flower RH% vary by strain and grow method (soil / hydro).

We are all doing our best to learn and it is great we can share what we learn.

Thanks to you amigo.

Here we are day 1 12/12, ladies got their first night sleep in 6 weeks yesterday.

Funny I had a post on 1/6/11 stating the ladies were bushy and couldn't wait to see them in a month. Here they were 1 month ago:

Here they are today Day 1 12/12:
Nice growth! How tall were they at day 1 of flower? I'd like to see what type of stretch % you end up with.

prowler

Damn Aerohead - That is just marvelous!! Everytime you think that someone has bend the limits someone else comes along and Matrixmizes everything up again!

I'm proud of all of you icmag vertheadz! :D

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Aerohead again.

bobblehead

Veteran
You're doing a great job aero. This is what I'm going to do for my final pod at my new location... I'm sure I'll be picking your brain in another month or two... :) For now I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the show.

Latest posts

Latest posts