What's new

Vertical barebulb CMH - footprint

Midlertidig

I want to grow vertical with barebulb CMH, but I'm not sure how to best use my space.

What diameter footprint should I expect a 630w bulb to need, compared to a 315w?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
You might want to double check on if CMH bulbs can be vertically oriented. I'm thinking that they might only be able to be oriented horizontally. I'm thinking of a 400 Ceramic Metal Halide though at least.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
was wondering if someone can setup the plants for a vertical grow and leaf the cmh bulbs horizontal or cover wall and floor of a tent with plants.
the light is emitted from a globe and not a cylinder like with hps.

kanzzzz

was wondering if someone can setup the plants for a vertical grow and leaf the cmh bulbs horizontal or cover wall and floor of a tent with plants.
the light is emitted from a globe and not a cylinder like with hps.

Covering the wall and floors in a tent is sorta what I do, i think :tiphat: .

Stacked 2x600s in the middle of the tent.
Usually 4 bigger miny trees on the floor that are about 5 foot tall.They span about the length of the two lights.
There the cream of the crop if you will.
Then around the top I have some hanging baskets, hanging around the top of the tep tied to the support poles, behind the bigger ones, usually 6 of them, usually about 2 foot tall. They fill up all the space at the top the bigger ones dont quite fill up.