What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no worries shwagg - i wish my home-made compost was good enough to grow weed in...

hey jonny - thanks :)

Mr.Farmer

i should start a thread about 'advanced' scrogging because there are quite a few tricks ive learned over the years.

VG

You should, man!!
You've inspired me to try a mod scrog. I have one built and am just waiting for a few more inches on a Northern Lights before I transplant and get it under the screen. Any tips and suggestions would be far out.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey mr farmer. NL should be a good one to start on. my top tips would be to use big pots!.
NL doesnt stretch that much but it will still stretch some...

as for the advanced scrogging. i will try and do something - but anyone who is really interested and has time should read all of my diaries - they are a bit long and rambling now but i do describe quite a few good methods in there :)

today was a good day - i love it when you open the cab after a couple of days absent and you cant believe how much the buds have grown. that was the case today with the sour d x chemdogs. i fed them about a week ago with some of my home-made comfrey liquid fert and today i gave them some fulvic acid.
sourdog2 at about 4 weeks. the 'strange' bud is still odd looking but its flowering nicely now. also i would be interested in coments from any peeps who run the real chem d and sour d clones - does this plant look anything like either?? i guess it wont look like the 'classic' untopped plants that you usually see in the pics but having never gorwn either before i have no idea really except to see that it looks promising and smells good.
picture.php

VG

Are all these plants in the pictures grown under a 250W?

Im starting a 250w grow soon and i must say your plants looks really good! How long do you veg em?

Good luck!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey FG - welcome to IC!

yeah i get 4 plants like the ones shown above under a 250. screens are just over a foot square. veg em anywhere between 2 and 5 weeks depending on strain

hey FG - welcome to IC!

yeah i get 4 plants like the ones shown above under a 250. screens are just over a foot square. veg em anywhere between 2 and 5 weeks depending on strain

Thanks! :wave:

I'm starting a two plant scrog when my current grow is harvested, what container size do you recommend? I'm thinking about 15L, so that the roots gets lots of space when its time for flower

Peace

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey freedomgrows, 15litres is the size i use for my 4 pots/modules - so yeah i would use at least that size if you are using 2 scrogs under a 250. i basically use the biggest pots i can fit into the bottom of the cab - i have to cut the lip off the 15l one to get them in.

freedom4ever - no worries - thats why i post it and i love hearing about people being inspired by my methods :)

VG

Mael

as for the advanced scrogging. i will try and do something - but anyone who is really interested and has time should read all of my diaries - they are a bit long and rambling now but i do describe quite a few good methods in there :)

today was a good day - i love it when you open the cab after a couple of days absent and you cant believe how much the buds have grown.
VG

How do you water them, when you're away for days at a time?

As always, your stuff looks awesome. Liking the updates :)

I will start right now! Hehe

But seriously, you should make an "advanced" scrogging thread, not only because Im really interested in scrog, but for all the scroggers here!
I bet all the growers on this forum wants one! Do it for the whole damn world of cannabis growers that wants one!
You know why?

Because sharing is caring, knowledge brings us together and knowledge is power!

Edit: just read my post and realized i shouldn't smoke more tonight, but goddamn this hash is some crazy ass revolutionary shit!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey FG - sounds like you're tokin' on some Lekker Shit over there ;)

Seismic - hi mate and thanks for stopping by :tiphat:

And1M - hiya :wave: - lets not 'dismiss' the sugar, lets talk about it! :D

heres a nugshot of sourd x chem 2 from today - we are going on 4-5 weeks :dance013:
picture.php

here's the whole plant, slightly messy scrog as is often the case with seed plants but looking nice and starting to smell quite strong. so far its quite a familiar smell even though ive never grown chem or dour d before
picture.php

plant number 1 is looking good too, maybe slightly less chunky and frosty
picture.php

and the canopy is more even, this was the shorter lant that i preferred but, sods law, the other one may well turn out to be the keeper. the cuttings are rooting incredibly slowly. no2 has roots but not n0 1 yet after 3-4 weeks!
picture.php

the blueberry has stretched monumentally and ive had to wrestle with it and use all kind of ninja moves to get the canopy lower and even - i never learn with this cut :laughing: - i could really flower it straight from clone and it would fill the screen plenty. its starting to get *that* smell though :dance013: - at 4 weeks
picture.php

and the lemon thai has had a good talking to as well, not quite so stretchy as the BB but i foolishly vegged it for longer. looking ok now though. stems are a little wispy on this but if i remember rightly they should stiffen up soon.
picture.php

here is a pic of the canopy in the cab. back left quarter is the BB, front left LT and the right half is sourdogs all the way down
you can see how the plants hold each other together and there is no space wasted. the T5 tubes you can see are my UV reptile tubes which i am using as supplemental lighting.
picture.php

cheers

VG

W

w.wonka

looks great.. cant wait to see how these turn out for ya... will be putting mine in a few weeks in my tent to pump them before i flip them... l8tr w.wonka

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey wonka thanks - yeah they seem to be filling out pretty convincingly. they, or one of them at least, stretched quite a bit as i was waiting for them to show sex - but not much stretch after that.
i guess they are about halfway through now so hopefully it will be plain sailing from now on in.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
quick canopy shot from today. two dogs at the back, LT front left quarter and Bb front right
picture.php

also here is a quick shot under the Blueberry screen showing what to do if you run out of height in a scrog. you fill the screen and let them grow up, then as you run out of height you can pull the branches carefully back down through the screen to reduce the height of the tops, then secure them with wire to stop them stop them springing back up again. check the wire regularly and move it a little to stop it digging into the branches. you can also keep pulling them down a little more every few days. notice that the main stem has split from all the pressure but thats fine. methods like this are why it's much better to keep all the branches under the screen and let them grow through rather than weaving them over and under
picture.php

VG

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I am even more impressed with this grow compared to your LED grow, but that's not to say that the LED grow didnt rock! I actually have an LED, lol! They are both informative, & I am learning alot. I actually haven't read this grow all the way through yet, but I will, lol. You seem to have your cab dialed in!
I built my first mod-scrog unit today. How far am I gonna want the screen to be positioned over the top of the dirt? The legs are about a foot long, but i was planning on sticking them into the dirt-so the screen would be less than a foot above the dirt. The size of the top square is a square foot. How do I fit the screen over the top; supercrop, then weave the branch through? How do you get so many cola's, branches? Its amazing the buds & the yields you are pulling, & also the size of them! The size of the BB nug against the CD is just ridiculous! Who say's you cant produce big bud's, & big yields from a smaller light! Keep on Rockin' on!

Latest posts

Latest posts