What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi ozeek, in general, with seed plants, you dont want to leave less than 4 -5 nodes on the plant or it's likely to get shocked and stunted. with cuts you can leave less.

also it's best to top back to a mature leaf as it's the energy from this leaf that will help create the new shoot ;)

V.

MeanBean

Just Fired up the new penetrator!! The color of light seems more red than purple this time.. let me know what you think once you get yours.

My clones were ready so I had to plant them. Putting my new grow op together this weekend!! They gotta start off in the cab but hey it's alright in there!

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
picture.php

Impressive plant bro

barth

Hey VerdantGreen,

Here to pick your brain about your mod scrog setup. I was wondering how you deal with an over grown screen. I currently have a screen with Super lemon haze that is almost full. It stretches a lot i hear. I will not be able to flower for about 10 days when the flower cab frees up. Any advice or should i just start chopping? haha

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dr Dog - thanks mate!

barth, hmmm, is there any way you can change the light in you veg cab to 12/12? 10 days is a long time if the screen is nearly full. for screens my size, for a sativa, i normally flip when the plant just about reached the screen and then let the stretch fill it up - so it sounds like you need to flip yesterday!.

it doesnt matter too much when they grow above the screen as long as you can keep it under control and have the light penetration to cover it - but to me it sounds like you have already overvegged a little - of course this depends on the sixe of screen and pot too.

---

had a problem myself today - i went up and found that my 250 had fused ay some point in the last 48 hours. the plants looked ok but i really hope it will not lead to any problems with my Deep Chunk as they are in mid flower. i guess getting less light is better than the light staying on too long?

V

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
i guess getting less light is better than the light staying on too long?

I always thought so. Whenever I mess my schedules around, I give a long dark period....

hope it hadn't been out for too long. Nightmare that you only get to see them at odd occasions...

Verdant,
How much room do you have between the top of your screen and your light(max height without burning tips)?

I am thinking of doing a modular scrog with a wick system, coco+ perlite, GH nutes, Rez formula. Only have about 45" of space between floor and 6-8" from light. So, figure ~15-18" bucket height, and ~8" between bucket and screen, leaves me at ~24" from floor to screen, and about 20" of space between top of screen and max height to lights.

Flo Grow

Barth, it sounds like you will have no choice but to start trimming. Your screen shouldn't be more than 75% full prior to 12/12, and less if you have a Sativa under the screen. Keep in mind that you will have to veg an additional 7 -10 days after trimming, in order to give your girl time to get over her initial shock and to start growing again.

Riddle, I have never seen a SCROG cola longer than 10 - 12 inches, so keep that in mind when considering your light height above the canopy including distance from the plants and bulb. I have a 400w Horti in an air-cooled SS Yield Master II Supreme, and I can get withing 5- 6 inches with no prob. Extracting with a 6" Can-Fan at 270cfm and no more than 5 feet of ducting total, with only one 90 degree turn. The more turns, the less effecient your extraction. Most ppl don't know NOT to use ducting for turns, but instead use pressed (solid) elbows, which have far less resistance.

My last grow and SCROG was a 250w Hotri in a cool tube. I have upgraded to a 400w, but I still have my 250w and cool tube. hehe Pics are in my gallery of the 2 Gorilla Grapes and 1 Magic Merlin from that SCROG. I only vegged for 3 weeks bc I wasnt sure about stretch since I had never grew these strains, but still yielded +4oz.

Hopes this helps some growers !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blimey - yeah i think i might have got away with the lighting glitch - and it hasnt happened again yet thank goodness

daddy fingaz - great to see you around!

RiddleMeThis - the screens vary - i shim some of them up but max they are about 15 - 18 inches from the lights i think (ill check tomorrow) more important is the buds i think - i like 7 inches, 6 mininum really (for a 250). you can probably have the light a bit closer without burning, but also consider that the light needs to be high enough to give a decent sized footprint if your cab is a similar size to mine - around 24 x 26.

*mistress* - thanks for stopping by :D

---

i'm loving the look of these lemon thai f3 - nice when plants look different to normal. nice structure, early sidebranching and pretty uniform. very deep serrations on the leaves
picture.php

picture.php

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yay!

the 205 watt LED unit arrived today!

really pleased - it'll be a couple of weeks before i have the cab clear and the new plants vegged. got to work out how to hang it too...

but it's here

V.

bloyd

Veteran
Good start on the lemon thai Verdant, I watch with anticipation, and props on your 63w led grow, very impressive. I can't wait to see you throw down with this 205 led. Are you still going to keep the 250 up and running or will the led be taking it's place?

U

unthing

That'll be a show looking forward to. Do you have any black forrest-pollen left? Maybe pollenate few lemon thais..That one (lemon thai f3) another tasty sounding strain, quite fast too.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
apollonio - i plan to run 2 or 3 quarters with strains ive run before so as we can compare them to the 250 hps. Powerplant, Blueberry, NL i have rooted. also the lemon Thai pictured on the last page. i like to run something new each time and that one should be interesting and a good yielder.

bloyd - yes the thai looks nice - and it does like kind of indica pheno which is what the mother was. not sure if its a pure thai line ( i doubt it) but i believe those deep serrations on the leaves are a thai trait. the LED unit will replace the 250 for the warmer months, i have no room or inclination for another cab :)

unthing - i do have some in the freezer but not sure if it will still work. i plan to cross it to a couple of things though and i really hop i get a nice male as this should be a good breeding strain in itself

V.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not sure what happened with VG. I see it says he has a three day ban but I don't know the details. I'll talk to who banned him and see what the details are.

Regardless, he's back in three days....

Latest posts

Latest posts