What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Hey Verdant . . . so I have a ? for ya . . .

I know back during the design of my cab, about 7 or 8 months ago, I liked your method of having a fixed light/reflector and an adjustable shelf for the plants, and I use that system now . . .

Well anyways I started 11 plants but after one girl died unexpectedly (and 7 males) looks like I'll only be flowering 3.

So my question is since I must remove my plants to water them, how can I apply a screen to the canopy? I believe in some of your grows you attach it to the container correct? I'm only asking to see if you have any ideas aside from that method, as I want one of my 3 girls to fill a screen about 32" x 13" . . .

Do you ever use a screen on a shelf or anything? I thought about building a shelf (with a lightly weighted perimeter) that included a screen, and then just using it late in veg and very early in flower and removing it once the canopy was even.

I'd love to know your thoughts, here's a pic of what I'm talking about - the back plant is considerably larger and I'd like to try to get it to take up more of the screen, while the front 2 can share a space 32" x 13".

picture.php

Also, I was wondering about container size recently as "nursery gallons" are so different from actual gallons (in terms of dry volume/capacity). What size pots do you flower/finish in? Just wondering if you know the dimensions. How do you think I'll fair finishing out these (which have vegged about 6 weeks) in 5 gallon nursery pots, which are 3.2 gallon actual capacity, dimensions 11" deep by 12" diameter @ top, about 9.75" diameter at bottom (they taper)?

Thanks man . . . looking good as always! :?)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi Unc and barth! - glad to be of help. i collected more pollen today and to dry it out i put the little paper wrap into an airtight container with a layer of rice at the bottom as a dessicant. I also tickled up my NL plant with some DC pollen.

etinarcadiaego

not sure what you mean about the shelf thing but i would advise that the screen is better left on as it can be useful to tie some shoots into position on it if you want them in a specific place. the pots i use are 15 litre which is about 4 gallons - similar size to yours - i have to cut the lip off them in places to fit them in lol. the best way of using modular/individual screens i have come up with is to attach them to the pots as this allows you to adjust the height of each individual plant.
if you dont want to attach the screen to the pots, one thing you could do is to attach a screen to the back half of your cab - then you could take the front pots out to access the pot/pots at the back. half your cab could be scrog and the front half could be for 'normal' plants.

all 5 of the Lemon thai have come up. 4 look great and one is a little twisted and may struggle.

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
also the Sharksbreath harvest was 85 grams, which is 1.36 g/watt and more or less the same as the last one which as 82 grams.
great news because this was the first of my cuts to get flowered completely under the CMH lamp and it seems there is no drop in yield yet the aroma/resin looks/smells even better!

actually the SB may have had a few days under HPS before the cmh went in but i dont thing that would have made a huge difference,

cant wait to see how the LED unit fares!

V.

oldbootz

Veteran
I also tickled up my NL plant with some DC pollen.

two very dominant gene types, this will be interesting. i think the DC will overide most of the NL though. im VERY interested to see how this one fares :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
boots! - yeah - i looks like the pollen has taken too. this is dr atomics NL which is slightly more sativa than most but its is the backbone of most of his strains so i guess it should have good genes :)

Txsbigtymer = thanks and welcome!

bb - yeagh 250's are great - you wont outsmoke one, or i certainly cant!

BeAn :D

V.

verdant got a question for ya. ok i have a space that is 19"x38", and i was going to go with a modular system like you use.do you think i should go with 2 19x19 screens in 10-15 gallon smart pots or 4 9.5x19 in 3 gallon smart pots.

H

hukkahtokes

Well i don't know what Verdent would do but I would go with the 4 smaller screens. Just for the fact that it will take more plant to fill the bigger screen. More plant = a longer Veg time. with the smaller screens you will have less veg and a easier time filling the screens.

Oh and awesome growing here Verdent. I am just starting a Mod Scrog too. I got 2 in my fridge now as a test run with the screens. And if it all works out everything I put in there will get a screen.

barth

verdant got a question for ya. ok i have a space that is 19"x38", and i was going to go with a modular system like you use.do you think i should go with 2 19x19 screens in 10-15 gallon smart pots or 4 9.5x19 in 3 gallon smart pots.

Ihave a system just like yours. I went with 4 - 3 gallon pots under a 400watt hps.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey all - 50,000 hits! - thats awesome :) - thanks to everyone, both the posters and the lurkers, for the support :D

vinnythebat - 4 probably sounds better but you may like to try both. you could have 1 big screen and 2 small in there and pick n mix em :)
one thing though - are you able to attach the screens to the smart pots? are they rigid enough??

hukkahtokes - thanks for stopping by - yeah its what you are used to but i find ot much easier to grow with the screens than without :D

bootz! - yeah im not a super heavy toker ;) - but then i'm pulling around an ounce per week on average out of the cab so i tend to make hash etc with some of it as i dont get through that much. i have been known to bury some for a rainy day too :D

barth - sounds cool - id love to run this system under a bigger light.

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol Blimey - no my dog would have eaten it - hes had 2 operations already to remove stuff from his stomach - a mango stone one time and a corn husk another!

well i had a couple of smokes of my 'Power Black' cross last night (Powerplant x Black Forrest) , and im very happy with it! potency is good and the high is similar to Powerplant but perhaps a little stronger and clearer and more trippy - but the same liveliness that i like about PP. my Powerplant is a clone only but this is of course in seed form which is great - much more reliable way to keep it around. i may take this to F2 or even do a back-cross. havent tried the cheese bf cross yet.

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
vinny - yes i think thats a good plan :) i considered doing that myself - making a 'frame' for the scrog unit and standing the plant pot in it.

so atm the from half of the cab is full of Deep Chunk - 4 plants to be exact growing in 'regular' style in 1 gallon pots.

the back half has a UK cheese scrog in one quarter

and an NL in the other quarter which is around 5 or 6 weeks in - its looking OK - not best training job ever but it'll do. kind of marking time till i can get the LED light in there - that grow should start in about a month - by witch time the NL and DC will be done. the cheese may get carried over for a couple of weeks...
NL
picture.php

and here is the cab with DC in the front - huge leaves!
picture.php

V.

at the back

Latest posts

Latest posts