What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

daddy fingaz

Hey V glad to see all grows well with you, sorry to hear about the SB mother, glad you still have some back up cuts!!

hows the BF smoking by the way any chance of a little report!? :prettyplease:

edit: you'l have to make sure you take some of your BB pics back to show the guys on the Dj forum aswell!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey df! - the Black Forrest

after a few weeks jar cure - probably not enough yet - i would say the smell is fruity/spicey and the high, at low doses, is a nice motivating sativa headbuzz.
at higher doses it has quite a body effect too - not couchlock - more shock and awe lol.
the high takes on quite a mushroomy type of feeling, but not in a visual way.
definitely unusual and exotic stuff. need to have a good session on it but im a bit scared lol.

V.

B

BeAn

if that was in the jar for a good long time, i bet you could envoke some serious spirits.:yes:

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I always feel like a test pilot when I'm first smoking a new strain after harvest....push the envelope, try some high-altitude maneouvres...see just what she can do and how high she can fly :)

You have nothing to lose but your mind lol

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
unthing - yeah tbh mushroomy isnt my thing (been there done that) but ill try it again in a couple weeks

BeAn - yes it definitely needs more cure. it's certainly different!
not sure whether i like it though - although it does have novelty value!

Blimey - lol - there's somthing about this one that makes me cautious for some reason...

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres some pics of the Blueberry at 8 weeks - this was the one i was growing with less nutes + cooler temps to see if it still foxtailed.

i would say it looks pretty much like its wanting to look the same as last time but its just not filled out enough due to the lack of nutrition. so daddy fingaz and all the rest of you who thought it was genetic were right i think. it'll be some nice smoke - the calyxes are still swelling but the yield will suffer.
picture.php

picture.php

and here it was last time after about 10 weeks - looks much fatter
picture.php

V.

barth

Great grow. Just set up a system very similar to this but ill will be using a 400 watt hps. My screens are 11" by 15". I was wondering how many "tops" would you shoot for on a screen that size?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey barth - my screens are about 12x13 and i try to get 3 rows of 4 colas on each one. with yours you should be able to get 3 rows of 5 colas. obviously they very seldom work out perfectly and usually there will be a gap or two but thats what i would aim for.
good luck and let us know how it goes.

---

couple of quick snaps of the Deep Chunk vegging at 3 weeks

tallest one
picture.php

fattest one - you can see why people call them hindu death cabbages :D
picture.php

V.

bengie187

and here it was last time after about 10 weeks - looks much fatter
picture.php

V.

Yeah thats the pic i was talking about......Mine seems to have slight resemblance to that one.......but it seemed to be in a slight revegging state so i changed the nutes to no N to see if it helps........but Im gonna do a another run scrogged of this to see if its still occuring.......How long does it take for you to fill the screens before you flippem to 12/12???......

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi bengie - my pheno stretches like crazy so i repot and flip it after topping once during veg - when its the height of the screen - around the time you get the first few 5 finger leaves after cloning . probably a pic if you can be bothered to look through the thread.
when you say revegging do you mean it's sending up dread like shoots from the buds?
if so this is due to high temps and high N and other nutes. its an easy one to grow but tricky to get totally dialled in. if it smokes like mine you are in for a treat though. mine smells like cotton candy/sweet hash when growing.

V.

bengie187

Yeah man it does seem to smell of thc pretty bad not like its predecesor which waas more lemony/citrusy.......I was high and mixed my rez wrong like 2-3 weeks ago and i mixed in more N and caused my plant to start vegging again little bud like sites with 4-5 white hairs sticking out the tips for about 2 inches in length anyways keep up the nice work......Imma gonna scrog next run should be awesome

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi bengie - yes i've had mine do what sounds like a similar thing when it was too close to the lights and when the soil was probably a bit rich.

----

yay! my Sharksbreath reveg cutting has roots :D
really glad i didnt loose that one.

V.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Verdant nice grows man and just got the msg....ok you have a prob in your formula for BBerry....dont take that wrong but yes I can def help[ you round the Colas and finish it more like a Spear head and very solid nugs...
Not all BBerry are super Light feeders..My view on BBerry Sats are they do eat Less thru most of the cycles...But I still give them Grow Nutes up to 4wks in Bloom + a nice blast of Bloom boost starting at wk2-3 of Bloom.....Now Im not saying Increase the Amount as ijn still Feed lower than a Kush or Indica like 1/2 as much or a 1/3rd less on plants that do need more food...
the Dabney BBerry can eat like a Kush....the DJ heirloom Im not sure but looks like a light-mid eater....Now the biggest thing with BBerry is the finish and the flush...
The colors your getting now are actually P def cause it still wants to grow for a while bro.....You already changed formula to full bloom correct?...so atm its wanting everything and you've kept the nutes light sop its really starving now...
I can tell cause the buds didnt fill in...They Shot and Crowned..meanig your P-K was bout all it had to eat....and it used the N left in the foliage to help produce what you have....sound logical?...
anyway...keep finishing and if you have another to run thru I'd like to help you turn her into a Fat Blue Betty...Just be set for at least a 10 wk window which you did prior...hope this makes sense and let me know what helped n not...we can bs on the rest as it happens...keep um roillin man
FOE20

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FOE20 - for thanks for stopping by – yes I could see this one was getting hungry – I did feed it a couple times with half strength biobizz bloom – 2-6-4 but I wanted to see if the bud structure changed much – and it looks to me like an underfed version of what I had before but the buds are still trying to grow the same. The temps were much lower this time as well – which may have contributed to the P/N deficiency.
I would like to persevere with this though, so here is what I can tell you – hopefully you can give me some pointers, I use organic nutes – most of which are mixed with the soil before planting rarther than being added during the grow. i regulate the amount of N and P guano to dial in the strains.

This was the soil mix I used for the Blueberry the first time you saw it 6 months or so ago - when it foxtailed sh1tless ;)

3 parts peat
2 parts topsoil
3 parts perlite
1 part mushroom compost
1 part wormcasts

dolomite lime 5g/litre
N guano - 2g/litre (for comparison this is half of what i use in my 'standard' mix that is fine for everything else i grow - often i dont need to feed the at all during flower)
P guano - 10g/litre
Rock phosphate 5g/l
rock potash 5g/l
seaweed meal 5g/l

And after you advised me that the crowning/foxtailing was due to high N and high residual P in mid-late flowering, I reduced the P guano by half and reduced the N by 20%
I also started adding coco to my soil mix so the second ‘underfed’ round had this mix

3 parts peat
2 parts topsoil
3 parts perlite
1 part mushroom compost
1 part wormcasts
2 parts coco

dolomite lime 5g/litre
N guano – 1.6g/litre
P guano - 4g/litre (this was still enough for my other strains)
Rock phosphate 4g/l
rock potash 4g/l
seaweed meal 4g/l

It still stretched just as much as normal, but it was always a light green colour which faded to yellow/green in mid-late flower. So I am certain that it hasn’t had too much of anything - yet the bud structure still looks like it’s trying to be the same. When it was clearly yellowing I used biobiz bloom 2-6-4 at half strength a couple of times and molasses a couple of times.

so i was thinking next time to increase the N guano a little - to 2g/l and perhaps the P guano increase from 4 to 5 or 6 g/litre

what do you think mate. hopefully i can run this again soon before it gets too warm - id better take a cut :D

thanks

V.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Any chance of a pic of the Cheese x BF?

I liked the look of the PP x BF in that uk strain thread...What seedbank was your PP from originally?

What's new in to replace the JTR...DC or are you spreading the crosses into 2 quarters?...they must be getting pretty big lol

Sorry to be all questions, questions...you know what I'm like lol :joint:

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes....yes....and yes.....you got or get the Idea Vern....only thing I can add is Guano's are great!!....but also very light...as in not concentrated at all unless you brew/reduce/concentrate them...
Can I advise a few small things to try?...for N Organic boost..
AlaskanFish(5-1-1) this stuff is like a Power Bar for your Veg and only add a bit to your reg Veg nutes.....it does stink but in low amounts its manageable..
Im lazy and use either PBPro Grow or Dyna-Gro Grow for a main veg nute...that way I dont have to mae mixes....then I add a bit of Alaskan to it and get a nice BeerFoam Brew type mix....you'd like it Im sure.....
Guano I love BudSwel for bloom...
I can't say much on the formula other than that cause you mix your own..Which is nice but you really gata know you minerals to keep it rollin...
For Bloom Im not sure beside the BudSwel...hmm...I use MaxiCrop also which is a great Organic that will Darken you up like your wanting...and the formula is great for Bloom to....
FOE20

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Foe20 - thanks again - the one thing i dont get though is why the buds appear to be trying to foxtail in just the same way as last time even though he plant has been underfed all the way though ??? could it be that my cut is more thai influenced than usual? someone suggested that the other day...
if the foxtailing is supposed to be caused by nutes then i would have thought the buds would be tighter this time.
im in UK so cant get alaska fish (apparently it has high heavy metal content too) but i do use maxicrop seaweed, so next time i will use this to stave off any starving in bloom. so ill try the mix i proposed at the bottom of my last post and then if you think she needs feeding i have a product - maxicrop - which you know and you can advise me about how to use. does that sound like a good plan ? :D

Blimey - ill try to get a pic thursday. my powerplant cut is a clone only that's been around for a few years now. many people arent into PP but i really like it because it's very predictable and i know i can smoke it at a party or something and not end up sitting in the corner with nothing to say ;) probably not as exciting or pure as some other sativas but as a speedy, chatty reliable lively smoke it is an absolute winner imo.

Dr dog - yes i think thats the best shot ive taken so far :).

Latest posts

Latest posts