What's new

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
couple of pics of the Deep Chunk seedlings, about 5 days in veg, 19 days from germination.
trying to keep them growing vigorously
mutant has sorted itself out and pretty much caught up with the others

picture.php

picture.php

V.

sx646522

Those are some nice fat leaves V, almost doesn't look like MJ at all at this stage! For some reason, those pics make me want to do some cookin'. Fresh basil and thyme sautéed in olive oil...mmmm!

Plants are weathering the cold nicely. Hope your 63W is doing as well! A good heater can be a godsend in the garden...

Cheers,

-SX

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Very healthy looking. Interesting shape/sized fan's...look a bit like clovers to me.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dr Dog - thanks man - im excited about the DC :)

sx646522 - i know what you mean lol - definitely the fattest leaves ive seen. ive never grown a hashplant before

K.J - clovers - lets hope they are lucky ;)

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol daddy i see what you mean - ive got 24 strawberry plants potted up out in the garden atm!

lifer - i hope so too - gonna make seeds then get me a good greasy pheno hopefully ;)

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lost my Sharksbreath mother plant :(

she was the last one to get watered in my mum cab and wha with the xmas holidays and the kids being off school because of the snow i havent had time to do much and it must have missed a watering.

i may be able to take a reveg cutting from the one that is 5-6 weeks in flower or perhaps get it off a friend who i rooted a cutting for a few weeks ago. fingers crossed.

i did pollinate the one in flower with some BF pollen so i should get a few seeds from that.

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks solarz -

heres a pic of the dead mum, i fucked up with this - trying to save space i thought it would be a good idea to let it share a pot with the MMG mum, perhaps if i had pruned more judiciously it would have been ok, but what i basically did was put two plants in direct competition with each other - and the MMG won - probably because the haze/sativa genes in it meant that it was happier in dry conditions.
outcompeted by your own hybrid offspring - lifes a bitch for a plant sometimes :D
picture.php

anyway i found as good a reveg cutting as i could have hoped for on the flowering one , SB has always been the strongest rooter of all my strains so there is hope :) i wanted to do some breeding with this one.

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is the Blueberry experiment at just over 6 weeks. leaves are fading already - there is no way this one is overfed!. the buds look to ne like they are still trying to do the same thing as last time but perhaps they will fill some. i gave it a little molasses today - 1teaspoon/gallon. nice and frosty though. i spose the CMH bulb was another thing that changed since last time too. smells divine, berry, cotton candy (we call it candyfloss) and sweet pollen type hash.
picture.php

picture.php

V.

Chronic777

that late in flowering are you gonna add some N in the mix to bring the leaves back?
orisit not worth it at this stage?
they look incredible, they must smell amazing!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi chronic, i will probably feed once more with half strength flowering nutes - biobizz bloom which is 2-6-3 or something, and maybe a little more molasses. this was an experiment to get the Bb dialled in. if you look back in the thread, last time it foxtailed pretty spectacularly and looked awesome but i was told that blueberry shouldnt really do that so much - so i ran it this time im the cooler conditions and less N and P too see what happened. its early yet because this Bb goes 10 weeks at least - but i think what we have here is a sativa pheno blueberry where the foxtailing is mainly genetic.
it looks nice this time but it will need to fatten and grow a lot more to match the bulk it had last time. Blueberry is a very odd strain in it's nute requirements from all ive read.

you wont get the leaves to go darker green again once they have yellowed to any extent - but that is one of the things they are there for - to provide a store of nutrients in case the roots go short - and imo persuading the plant to use those stored nutrients towards the end will help a lot towards getting great quality smoke.
in this case i would like the plant to look like that at about week 8 rather than 6.5, but its all in the process of getting it dialled in.

short answer - no probably not worth feeding much N at this stage, perhaps a little :)

cheers

V.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Great journal, Verdant!

That is too bad about the SB mom... hope you can pull something off. I'd love to hear what your thoughts are on that strain, when I became aware of the lineage it def piqued my interest.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi rasputin - yeah the SB mum - so it goes :(
i have a few possibilities for getting it back though so fingers crossed

the Great white shark genes in SB are pretty dominant - its a heavy hitter - if you like indica i would recommend the GWS from greenhouse. my mum was the most Ja/lambs dominant pheno from a 10 pack - has a little more head as well as stone. great for sore muscles or pain relief but not the type that sends you to sleep.

---

the Deep Chunk are growing pretty steadily, probably gonna have to repot again very soon

V.

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all - here is the Deep Chunk after nearly 2 weeks veg.
picture.php

the JTR is pretty much ready and will probably be chopped on thursday so these may be the last pics at 8.5 weeks. frosty. first plant to be flowered under CMH light
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

U

unthing

Tasty looking jtr. Noticed any differences with cmh? I've looked but might have missed it if already commented.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi unthing - early to say with the CMH - first impressions are that it gets the buds frosted up a bit more (but JTR is reputedly a frosty strain anyway). also the plants seem especially aromatic and perhaps a tad more leafy. soon i will be harvesting some plants from cuts that i have already grown under HPS so that should be more revealing.

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres the Sharksbreath at 7.5 weeks. pretty happy with the look of these buds grown under CMH - they look dense and fat with still 3 weeks or more to go. one leaf you can see is going yellow but the rest are pretty green still. the camaera flash makes them look lighter .
picture.php

V.

Latest posts

Latest posts