What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey BaS, yeah my PP hasnt really got a stone to the high until you are coming down off it. Powerplant is my favorite party weed. i can talk for england on the stuff and a few times me and the missus have been in a room full of people all on the marching powder and we are smoking PP, out-talking everyone and having the best time ;)
powerplant genetics are apparently mainly durban poison with some hashplant - this cut has the indica bud structure and is a high yielder - but still has that speedy clear high.:dance013:. its also hard to keep the mum in veg - she likes to try and flower after a while.

scrogerman, xmo - yeah the predators basically stop breeding and try to hibernate under 14 hours light so useless for flowering indoors, the lazy little f*ckers. i bought 200 and then 2000 and they made little difference. you can get them in the UK from defenders.co.uk

pics on thursday.

VG.

Ojizzle

scrogerman, xmo - yeah the predators basically stop breeding and try to hibernate under 14 hours light so useless for flowering indoors, the lazy little f*ckers.

Bwahahaha, where did you come upon that bit of information? So you've got a bunch of hibernating lady bugs in your loft?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya bootz :tiphat:

Ojizzle - bootz is right, they are a predatory mite that looks similar to a spider mite but is red and more pear shaped, latin name Phytoseiulus Persimilis. would be good for the veg room i guess.
i would like to try ladybugs but i think they may get inside the LED unit.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Plants are looking primo, man. Can you grab a close-up of the blueberry at some stage? Be interesting to see if she foxtails up.....or not

I use an organic spray (£2! bargain) "Growing Success" that seems pretty good against Spider Mites. Stinks like cheesy feet.

But I have complete confidence in your mastery of your growing environment :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey blimey! - the Bb is starting to foxtail now, some pics below. i do believe it hasnt stretched quite so much under the LED's though.

so some pics
lemon thai at 48 days, looking pretty good, hard to say but i think it may have been slightly compromised by the mites
picture.php

frosty
picture.php

Powerplant, im liking how this one is going, very convincing at 33 days
picture.php

and a nug
picture.php

Northern Lights at 4 weeks, again going well
picture.php

and the Blueberry at 44 days, foxtails seem to be starting
picture.php

nug
picture.php

cheers :tiphat:

VG

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its a share about the mites,but dang! those are nice looking buds!! its hard to pick one over the other they all look so good! organics rule!

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great verdant m8 shame about the mites damn little pricks...

kava

Ok ding ding newbe alert <= What is foxtailing and is there benifits or losses in a plant that has this kind of characteristics. Sorry I was just wondering as this is the first time I have heard of this.What kinds of plants do this and why? Does it hurt the out come or help it? In advance I would like to say thank you for the answers that you are giving. :tiphat:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
verDan
Howzit brother..?? Yea shame about the b0rg i hate them lil bastids... All is looking good where is the blueberry from? peace n pufs.

sackO

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey unc, yeah the mites are a pain but they seem to be under control just about. ive been very carefully spraying leaves and not buds and it seems to keep them at bay, but they arent wiped out.

hazy - thanks! - yep i thought i had stalled the Bb with the spray a few weeks back but it seems to have come round. the PP and NL are kicking!

BENJI - thanks bro :tiphat:

kava - firstly, you are doing the right thing by not being embarrassed to ask the question - its the best and easiest way to learn. foxtailing is when the calyxes keep growing and form a 'dreadlock' type effect on the buds. it is a thai trait amongst other things but also high N and high heat can encourage it. not necessarily a bad thing if it's genetic and i am confident that my Bb is heavily thai influenced and ive enen starved it before to see what happened - and it still foxtailed. most blueberries i have seen are more oaxican in structure (blueberry being a combinatioon of thai, oaxican and afghan genes as far as i know).
the only thing about foxtailing is when to harvest, bacause the tails keep growing steadily so the base of the bud is ripe but the tails arent, i suspect that my Bb would keep growing for quite a while if i let it but the best compromise is around 10 weeks. check my Bb gallery for some pics of previous grows.

GP73LPC - thanks and welcome :)

sackoweed - My Blueberry is DP fem. had the cut for a couple of years now.

cheers all :wave:

VG

BORNaSMOKER

looking v.nice VG!!! glad to hear the mites aren't taking over. Would love to try out the PP pheno - and all the others for that matter!!

A few questions on the mix...

where did you get the mix idea from (or did you come up with it)
do you grow other veggies in it?
How long have you been using it?
Is there reasoning behind all the pete or could I go all sustainable and sub it out for more of the other things/something else?
Coir - fertilized/un fertilized blocks?
any tips on mixing large amounts?

that's it for now!!!

Keep up the good work mate, really looking forward to seeing the final products!!

Smoke out!!

ps. Was having a google over the spider mites/preadator mites thing, looks like if you inocculate your grow at the beginning then the mites will breed in veg to sufficent numbers to control/counterbalance other growroom pests including spider mites.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey BaS, yeah my PP hasnt really got a stone to the high until you are coming down off it. Powerplant is my favorite party weed. i can talk for england on the stuff and a few times me and the missus have been in a room full of people all on the marching powder and we are smoking PP, out-talking everyone and having the best time ;)
powerplant genetics are apparently mainly durban poison with some hashplant - this cut has the indica bud structure and is a high yielder - but still has that speedy clear high.:dance013:. its also hard to keep the mum in veg - she likes to try and flower after a while.

Just smoking on some PPP freebies as i type nice description m8 good to know what the genetics are i never knew that before now...:)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BaS - i came up with the mix, but it's pretty similar to many that are around, been using it a year or two now and i recycle it outside in the veggie garden, add some compost and/or manure and it works great for tomatoes, also good for mulching my clay soil.

as for the peat, i dont use peat for anything else but the peat substitutes arent as good imo, you can get a product called moorland gold which is peat filtered out of stream water and is eco friendly. having said that there is a lot of peat in ireland and it can be sustainably exploited, check the label.

coco - definitely unferted, best to add your own. coco was a more recent addition to the mix and im still undecided about it. it lightens the soil nicely but i think i prefer the bud structure without coco - it definitely makes a difference. you might like to try the mix without the coco first but remember it can hold quite a bit of water so watch out for overwatering.

i tend to mix 50 litres or so at a time in a big barrow. perhaps a tarp or one of those plastic boards you get for mixing cement on would be good fro bigger amounts
mix it well and let it stand/cook moist for a couple of weeks if possible.

p.s. i added predators to my mum cab abd veg cab but the mites won.

BENJI - thanks - im not sure if PPP is exactly the same but it must be similar :)

VG :tiphat:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
All looking very healthy and dank VG, inspiring stuff for sure, shame about those bloody borg showing up. The BB and PP are looking the best from down here, imho.

Peace an Respects :) :)

BORNaSMOKER

nice one man,

just want to clear up one thing - watch out for overwatering with or without coco? sorry it is probably clear and i'm just a bit too lean!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
b00m! - thanks mate :)

BaS - i meant watch out for overwatering without the coco - as it lightenes the soil and probably makes it hold less water. i can only get up to my plants every 2-3 days so using large pots and having a mic that holds some water is good for me, but i dont completely saturate the soil every time as that would be too much. these LED's actually let the plants use less water as they are cooler.

VG.