What's new

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

J

J.C.grower

looking great VG! i really like those little mod SCROG you have going there. seems easy to install. anyways good luck with these ladies, theyre looking mighty fine ;)
JC

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey blynx, madhatter, soil mix that is tried and tested is this

30% peat
30% perlite
20% topsoil
10% EWC
10% mushroom compost

then the ferts: weighed out in grams per litre of soil mix
5g/litre each of: Dolomite lime, seaweed meal, rock phosphate, rock potash.
2g/litre Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Azalea, Camellia & Rhododendron Plant Food
4g/litre N guano
6g/litre P guano

the miracle grow and N guano should be reduced by half for any nute sensitive strains.

then for this grow i have experimented - adding 10% aged bark fines and 10% topsoil rather than the usual 20% topsoil. seems to be working well so far but i wouldnt recommend it till ive seen it's performance through the whole grow.

JC - thanks, yeah the circular screen is pefect for this circular grow!

iSMOKE.KUSH - thanks :tiphat:

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, been away for a week but i managed to keep the grow going by using a tray of water and a few little wicks to keep the soil moist whilst i was away. its looking pretty good and i'll get some pics up early next week when the school holidays are over and i can get more than a few seconds in the loft - atm all i get time to do is chuck some water on them ;)

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so im guessing this is about 33 days in, managed to get a couple quick snaps.
really pleased with how this is going - i thought it might be difficult to lift the bin on ad off with the plant in situ but because it tapers, and the plant gets trained to the size of the enclosure, it works really well. plants needs a bit of sorting out and a few of the upper leaves removing to let light into the canopy above the screen. lower leaves are dying off naturally.
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shhh, cheesebuds, thanks guys
couple more pics from today after tidying up the canopy a bit.
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks RD - yeah im pleased so far for sure. gave the plant a little feed today with some biobiz bloom. raised the light a bit more to full height. could do with the plant not being quite so tall but i think she'll be fine

VG

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
Yo VG!!! You always amaze me with your work!!! have a good 4:20 and a beautiful week end!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks StRa - i must say im finding this one pretty amazing myself... 28W thats not many but the plant looks pretty convincing.

i think were coming up to 6 weeks now and not much visible change really but coming on nicely and frosting up fo sho
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mepewpew, GP - thanks guys!

right we are about 7 weeks in now and all's well. gave it a bit of a feed today with biobiz bloom. this shark1 cut can be quite a heavy feeder - it also goes 10-12 weeks so plenty of time for the buds to get a bit fatter i hope....

picture.php

picture.php

VG

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks awesome!

Any plans to remove some of the larger fans so the light can penetrate a little farther down?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GP - yep, hope the rest of the grow goes smoothly

hey blynx, i have been removing a few each week and will probably carry on doing so. i tend to take any that start to look older, mostly from the top few inches. if the colas werent so close together they would look a bit more plucked.
as this light is just one cluster in the middle then i guess most of the light is coming from the same place and its going to reduce canopy penetration. i could do with having the light a bit higher too. mounting it in the top from the outside might be a better option as i mentioned earlier in the thread.
the plant is pretty pungent already but the tupperware carbon filter seems to be doing it's job, hard to say exactly how much air the computer fan is pushing through it, certainly some, but the plant looks reasonably happy (although its not using that much water,and i find the amount of water a plant uses is pretty equivalent to amount of yield). some kind of hole up the middle of the bottom like i have in my big cab would be good , but hard to do with just one plant in there.

in itself this bin isnt very stealth, but it would be very easily hidden in a closet or similar

i do have an idea for a stealth free standing one that i might get round to building one day, but the materials would be a bit more expensive....

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts