What's new

VerdantGreen's 63 Watt LED Micro Cab.

MeanBean

yeah, your threads end up beeing my coffee material as well hahaha! In the am, thanks! I bet your surprised I drink that stuff huh lol...

yosun

hi again, my cab is'nt very deep,how do you think these would work on a slight angle? i would have to angle them enough to offset 3 inches..or just get 2 of the 63's

StonedSoul-dier

VG these plants just seem to get even better as the days go by. The nugs look super dense too. When i get out of the army i cant wait to start growing, this thread has really opened my eyes to the possibilities of LED's. Cant wait to see what the yield is on this plant/setup.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yosun i would say that a single 126 would rock an 18" wide cab - providing the other dimensions are ok. remember that the vents for the integral fans on these units are at the sides so you need a bit of clearance. 3" either side of a 126 would be ideal and give you a strong footprint i think!

StonedSoul-dier - good luck and stay safe - yes these LED's seem to grow some excellent nugs. stay tuned for more tests

V.

p.s. anyone looking for new pics - there are some from today on the previous page :)

yosun

thanks alot,for some reason i thought the vents were on top,cab is 41 inches high 26 inches wide but only 18 inches deep

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
perfect for a 126 i'd say. half the power usage of a 250 hps which would be a little wasted in there really and may lead to heat issues. there are vents, intakes i guess, on the sides - and the fans blow out the top. its actually a bonus feature of these LED units really - is it probably helps to even out the ventilation in the cab quite nicely
V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yosun - do you mean hearvest weight? - in which case i dont know yet :)
or weight of the led unit - in which case it's petty heavy ;)

MB - maybe youre right - i just presumed it would be out the top because heat rises :D

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all - checked the tric's today - about half clear and half cloudy - so we still have a little ripening to go yet. am still hoping to harvest next tuesday -day 72 - but it may need a few more days.

last time i ran this strain it was 75 days...

V.

mad librettist

Veteran
they sure do. I'm going to have to make a taller cab and grow more vertically.

very impressive, and a true test of the technology when you have such a competent grower.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chief Rbud - thanks - yes they seem to penetrate well, certainly for the wattage. there is a decent bunch of little nugs at screen level which is 6 inches or so below the tops.

mad - :D - thanks.

---

here is a quick pic of the plant today at 10 weeks/ 70 days as you can see the leaves are fading but its not quite ugly enough for me yet.
picture.php

V.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Amazing!! I can't believe how dense those buds are!! great job
I'm thinking of using LED's my next grow

MeanBean

Hey V, Everything is looking smooth! I am sure they look awesome in person!!

I had a question I though you might help me out with, my DWC got a res. so watering basicly doesn't exist. Do you have to hand water soily daily? or is there some auto feed method people use?

My example would be someone who wanted to run a grow house in soil/coco ect. but only could stop by once a week?

I had an idea for a grow where I would rather use soil, just wondering.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VerdantGreen again.
PEACE, KING!

Z

Zombo

As a new 63w Penetrator owner, I am enjoying this grow! I am finishing up an Aerogarden LR#2 grow with mine, and will be starting a new seed-to-harvest with mine! +rep, subscribed!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Woo hoo! I am gonna guess 50+ grams. Maybe a little high but....gotta have hope! I am going to start my own grow real soon with same light and likely a cfl with it.

I wonder if mylar on walls would help some in such a small cab?