What's new

VerdantGreen's 63 Watt LED Micro Cab.

apollonio

Great looking plant man! looks very mature, but i like to let plant really yellow out as in almost no green at all before harvest. I don't think that you need to do it with your plant because i think she started to yellow too late... but in the end, you'll have primo organic bud i'm sure!

Once again, great job!

:tiphat:

Z

Zombo

Fantastic job, VG! You have really provided the impetus for me to continue my cabinet development for growing under my 63w...looking forward to harvest photos, and your thoughts on bud development (not so much the total volume) and density, since these seem to be the LED detractors biggest beef.

Thank you for this!

pinstripe

Very well done, man!
Do you go by the trichomes to tell if the plant is ready? If so, what ratio of ambers/cloudy are you shooting for?

Have a good one

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BENJI - thanks mate!

b00m - yep, thanks for all your support.

mad - your scrog looks just as good as mine mate!

apollonio - i agree, i like to see them yellow too, but some strains will do it more than others. i think ive got this one to finish better than last time

Zombo - thanks, as to bud density, MMG has really hard nugs and i honestly dont see any difference under LED compared to my 250 except perhaps the buds were a bit bigger under the 250 which would be expected. quality wise i would say the LED looks better if anything but we will see how they dry and smoke ;)

#1cheesebuds :dance013:

pinstripe - good question - i do go by trics but other factors are considered too like if there are many white hairs left etc. for a sativa im not too bothered about seeing much amber because you tend to grow sats to get you high rather than stoned, but at the same time i want most of the trics to be milky or the smoke can be a bit too racey/edgy. i will be happy to harvest if most of the trics are milky with a few amber and a few clear.

grow2bfree - hi - your just in time to see the harvest

BC Chronic :wave:

V.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
So....you reckon yield will be down a bit from the 250? Buds look great!

Looking forward to see the gpw numbers.....is this the same size as one of your quarters? So it would be 62.5W hps vs 63W Led?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
blimey - not sure how yield will compare to one of my quarters - we will see, but remember that a 250 gives out more than 4 times the light of a 70watt hps so it's a tougher comparison on the LED.

big D - cheers! :wave:

---

and... the deed is done. plants has been harvested and the colas hung. ive done most of the trimming of leaves before drying, the smaller leaves are very frosty so i should get some good hash too. i tend to leave the stalks intact for a slower dry and then trim any bare bits of stem off after they are dry whilst also giving them a once over for any leaves i have missed.

pics?
here it is today at just over 11 weeks - harvest day
picture.php

nugs
picture.php

underneath of the screen after the stem has been cut and screen removed from pot
picture.php

here is the harvest minus a few handfulls of popcorn. MMG has nugs as dense as ive ever felt and this plant grown under LED has rock hard nugs just the same - maybe even more dense!
picture.php

closer shots - there is at least a dozen decent sized colas, and plenty more medium size..
picture.php

picture.php

it's be at least a week before i have a final dry weight. i could speculate on what it will be, but it would be just that - speculation! so ill wait and see :D

cheers :tiphat:

V.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Great job VG.....I'm sure u helped to answer alot of ppls questions with this grow. I know i'll be gettin a 126w model soon and tryin to talk some friends into gettin one as well lol.

apollonio

voila!! the harvest!!

are you happy with the result? i think you have done wonders with that light!

i'll guess, just for fun, 47g dry weight!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
irie - thanks man - im glad to get this one over - saw a few mites as i was cutting the leaves but nothing much

apollonio - yes very happy with the aroma and bud density/quality. and it looks like a reasonable amount of buds :D

V.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
UNREAL VG!! Thats just amazing looking buds bro...great job!!
Can't wait to see those nugs dry...there is at least an o there more likely 2 o's
take care

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yosun - thanks mate - yeah 54 grams is probably not a bad guess. hard to tell but i usually get 2-3 oz off one of my 'quarters' modscrogs and the amount of buddage in this haul looks like a comparable amount to me.

Seismic - thanks - and im looking forward to seeing how you do with the 345Watt units - everyone interested in LED's should keep an eye on seismics thread that's linked in his sig :)

BC Chronic - ill try and get a dry nugshot for ya next week ;)

#1cheesebuds - thanks - they smell great too :D

one Q - yep the numbers :moon: hopefully it will be a decent weight

---

in other news, the 205 watt LED unit has arrived :dance013:
and today i put some plants in this cab to veg up. 4 lemon thai seedlings - ill get some pics of how they are doing in a few days.
i hope to get the new 205watt dairy going in 2-3 weeks when a few plants have finished, the weather should have also warmed up by then too! huge shoutout to LEDgirl for her generosity and for the confidence she has in her products

V.

mad librettist

Veteran
ah, now I get to see the real test VG. Full LED for the whole grow? It's one thing to flower after your other lights have done all the dirty work. This is the realer than real deal now.

Now I am really paying attention. ;)