What's new

VerdantGreen's 63 Watt LED Micro Cab.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mj - being a scrog all the buds are pretty dense but then again this strain generally has dense nugs - so i would say that if your genetics allow for dense nugs, this LED light will give you them. also ive been regularly smoking buds of this strain grown under HPS for the last 6 months and the fresh ones from the LED seem a bit more potent and smell stronger than i remember the HPS ones - could just be that they are fresh but i can definitely say im happy with the quality!

got a couple of pics of the dry buds
picture.php

picture.php

---

and here is a pic of two of the four lemon thai f3 that im vegging in there atm
picture.php

V.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Very very nice buds there mate, and the lemon thai f3 look healthy and happy.
Peace and Respect

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Mmmmhmmm good stuff. So these are being vegged under the LEDs right? What were they vegged with until then? Enjoy yo' smoke man :smoke:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
b00m - thanks!

scrub - my veg cab has 104 watts of cfl. cool white. they are ok but not brilliant i would say. the plants certainly seem to grow quicker under the LED's but having never grown the lemon thai before i couldnt say for sure.

V.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
!! good job.

I was thinking about your grow(s) and wondered if you are going to grow strains your familiar with for the comparison? I mean if your NL does so good under the 250 and it does not so well under the 205, this could mean a lot to us and you.

This is what im after mostly... your tried and true strains and how they perform under these new lights... aka numbers.

Man Im being a dick on these LED forums, but if Im going to drop 700usd on a 205, I BETTER get at least what Im getting now with the 250 Vertical.

your grow is exciting me tho for sure.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey one Q!

thats the plan for the 205watt grow really - to run strains that ive already grown once or twice with the 250. 3 out of the 4 will be ones i have done before and got yields on - but i cant bring myself to just grow old strains that ive tried before :) - too boring - so the fourth strain will be lemon thai f3 (from bodhi) providing i get a female!

V.

DrLight

Try and find a MH or HPS bulb that emits 45 lumens of 640nm per watt, you won't find it.

For the record, a MH lamp is a broad spectrum light source so by definition it will include 640nm photons. For example, a 1000W MH lamp will produce about 17.29 watts at 640 nm. The luminous efficiency at 640nm is 119.53 l/W so a 1kW MH lamp will give you about 2,066 lumens.

You'll have to do the math and normalize:
http://www.colorpro.com/info/data/lamps.html

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Maybe I missed it while drooling over those nugs (superb btw...as always)......but you're going to keep the micro 63W running? With something new (strainwise)?

You're just swapping the 250 out for the 205.....and still vegging for both cabs under the cfls?

I was thinking you'd definitely find out whether your Blueberry foxtailing is genetic or heat-related if you ran it under the 63....which emits very little heat....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
blimey - :tiphat:- yes i certainly plan to keep it going, but atm it is vegging the 4 lemon thai f3 that will hopefully be part of the 205w grow. i alsohave a NL, a Power Plant and two Blueberry cuts vegging up.

basically the 63watt cab will be an overflow cab if i get more plants than i need for the 205watt grow. i also have some herijuana hopefully on the way and of course the kentish Creme S1's that i am very excited about but may be too low yielding for the first run with the 205. like MB said, its gonna be great for experimentation!. i also want to scrog some Deep Chunk cuts in there at some point!

MB - thats the plan!

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the 4 lemon thai plants got a repot yesterday as i noticed they were getting rootbound. they will now get flipped to 12/12 tomorrow or something, hopefully in time to show sex before the 205watt grow starts - which should be around the end of the month - a week or so. the root growth must be pretty vigorous under the 63watt led as i expected them to stay in these pots for a bit longer - but having said that i havent grown this strain before so who knows?

V.

nice job bro!!!!! im a believer in hps but that was a very nice show and tell!!!!!! its 2 bad you dont have a verified big yeilder indica i think that would do the best with led!! growing from seed you never know what youll get!! if led's didnt cost so much they would be great for the money saved on the powerbill

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi purpleblockhead, actually i do have a couple of 'verified big yeilder' indica cuts - but the MMG is a strain i like smoking that i had a well vegged plant of when i set up the cab - and it is a cut from a friend - his keeper from a couple of packs - so not from seed either :D
true LEDs' are expensive to buy but the leccy savings will go on for years and no new bulbs either so if you take a 5 year period i reckon they will end up overall cheeper.
incidentally i visited my friend who gave me the MMG cut last night and took him a nug of the LED grown plant - he was very impressed with the quality, aroma and potency of the bud.:)

cheesebuds - here you go. i flipped these lemon thai today. they got slightly rootbound and there is a little yellowing - although not as bad as it looks in the pic. these seem to have vegged very well under the LEDs

picture.php

they all have great structure (topped once) but this one is a particularly lovely shape.
picture.php

VG.

NHMI

Wow, for such a small amount of wattage it really put out a pretty good yield. I can't believe that was a single plant, it looked like a bunch together. How long did you veg em for before flowering? (The 1st set of plants)

I just ordered several 14w pannels just to add for side light to supliment along with my 400w HPS. I have two of em but right now I have one used for veg and the other for flowering...I am gonna grab a 200 or 300w LED pannel now that I know they actually work...just sux they are 2x as much as a HPS but it will save electricity in the long run...

Most of the buds i see under LEDs look sorry. like, real sorry. But verdants look really good. Hopefully the lights are capable of dense nice buds without Verdants extreme expertise or a strain that has dense buds as it is.

Like for instance, the DP Ultimate grown under HPS i saw looked outstanding, where as the Ultimate i saw grown underneath the 126w panel resembled some stressed buds I've seen come from mexico time and time again.

no doubt though, the LED-grown mean green looks tasssssty.