What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Verdant Greens Bubba Kush S1

hamstring

Veteran
A quick up date. I am at 7 days into flower. Still dialing in the blumats, I will get her dialed in. I need a longer cone for the 5 gal but am using two of the standard ones for now.

First pic is of BK 2 &4. You can see a color difference between the two phenos.
BK2 ,the one on the left, is the only showing pistils so far. Keeping me eyes on them for any herms.

The second pic is of the runt, BK5. She has wonderful side branching.

IMG_1555.jpg
IMG_1557.jpg

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Here is the pic of BK 1 & 3.

First thanks for all the help from VG and the rest of the IC family. I trimmed the dying leaves off and one of them at least has bounced back.

It was super interesting that all of this was due to not enough water. I have a feeling it was compounded by transplant shock but cant say for sure. Weird that none of the other phenos were showing this issue.

IMG_1556.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking better from what i can see. Perhaps the roots of the worst affected one were damaged in transplant, or sometimes less vigorous phenos can be more sensitive to a rich soil (talking in general about cannabis plants rather than specifically about the bubba). New soil can get 'hotter' as it dries out.
VG

hamstring

Veteran
Looking better from what i can see. Perhaps the roots of the worst affected one were damaged in transplant, or sometimes less vigorous phenos can be more sensitive to a rich soil (talking in general about cannabis plants rather than specifically about the bubba). New soil can get 'hotter' as it dries out.
VG
VG
Much appreciation for your help and comments on this grow. I hope I can do your strain the justice it deserves.

hamstring

Veteran
I took all these cutting on May20th. I cloned 4 different strains. I pulled some of them out of their solo cups to see the root structure. Didn't want the Bubbs to get root bound like last time.

You can see the difference in the Bubba Kush and the other two clones (Animal Tree and Sherb Cream Pie). Its very noticeable. Buba sure needs the root space to support those giant leaves.

I transplanted all of the Bubas into 1 gal containers. I am second guessing myself because there still wasn't enough root mass to hold the soil in place. They all lost the bottom quarter or more of their soil during transplanting. Effectively, bare rooting part of them. . I may solved one problem and caused another.

thumb_IMG_1562_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1563_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1564_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1565_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1566_1024.jpg

hamstring

Veteran
Just a little yellow pic update.

The first pic is of the whole grow. All plants are on day 16 of 12/12.

The back left is BK 2 who was the first to show pistils. Just to the right and by far the largest plant is BK4. Hard to make out but BK5 is in the center.

thumb_IMG_1593_1024.jpg

BK2
thumb_IMG_1592_1024.jpg

BK4
thumb_IMG_1590_1024.jpg

BK5 with the best side branching.
thumb_IMG_1591_1024.jpg

hamstring

Veteran
Ok here we are at 4 weeks into flower. Everything is looking good. No smells that I can pick up yet.

I have a couple of questions for Verdant Green. I have grown La Con many times outdoors and I have to trim the leaves away from the buds around three weeks from harvest.

Do you recommend trimming the large fan leaves away and if so, when?

When do you harvest your BK? I have heard 8 weeks and/or 10 weeks.

thumb_IMG_1611_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1612_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1621_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1622_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1623_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1624_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1625_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1626_1024.jpg

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Here we are 6 weeks into flower.

Everything is going well. I think after a little research and looking at the plants we are looking 9-10weeks before they are complete. The top cola may get done a little earlier than the rest but in general 10 weeks. I have pulled some of the large fans to allow light to penetrate the canopy. I tried to keep the large fans below the main cola as to help the buds underneath develope.

Just as a reminder I started out with 6 plants . Lost one early and just lost one recently. It was going nowhere so I just culled it. It wasn't worth wasting time and canopy space for it. I still have one on that should be culled. Its the one on the the farthest left side.Its not even in the scrog screen. One of the main branches broke off but I am still keeping it around. Not sure why to be honest.

I have three really good phenos so far BK 4, 5 and 2. BK 4 has the best structure by far. It stretched the most and has the best spacing between nodes. I think BK 5 would be my next choice because it has more lateral branching then the rest and then BK2 rounding out the group. I threw up a tape measure just to show you how big this BK4 could become if she fills in. All the plants were toped once so I am impressed by the size of the two main colas on BK4.

I am using SOHUM soil in three gal smart pots and so far the plants are getting all the nutes they need. I will start giving them some compost tea every week from here in on in. I do believe they are going to need it.

thumb_IMG_1697_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1703_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1705_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1709_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1710_1024.jpg

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Looking great mate, always wanted to see how these were. Looks like some solid old school indica, going to be some heavy smoke I'd say.Now I know why you picked the handle. It sings , it really does.

Thank you Brother Nature. Wow! that really just sings . Not sure why you picked your handle but it really sings.

Thanks for dropping in much appreciated

hamstring

Veteran
56 days

She is getting close, I was thinking 10 but maybe closer to 9 weeks.

The lower buds still have a ways to go but looking forward to giving her a try. My phone is getting long in the tooth the pics dont really do her justice. She is covered in frost.

I will have to take a look at the trichs this weekend to see where we are.

thumb_IMG_1784_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1785_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1795_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1797_1024.jpg

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey, ive been away and not checked your bubbas for a while! - they look really good! - really glad they shaped up well for you... yes bubba look ready quite early after six weeks or so but you want to leave them at least 8 weeks probably 9 for plants from seed..some take them longer for an even more sedative high.. so you are doing the right thing being patient...
VG :tiphat:

hamstring

Veteran
Have a quick question for VG or anyone else with knowledge/experience. The BK is absolutely covered in resin but its a dry sandy type resin vs sticky.

I have read that traditional hash plants are know to have the dry resin vs the sticky. Also dry resin has less smell so you don't smell much unless you really rub your fingers across it.

WHY?
Both sticky and dry resin are oil based correct?

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Different type of wax coating on the tricome head? Sandy resin would be better for sifting.
Much appreciated, so you are saying it has to do with the wax coating. Oh and I read the same that it makes it easier to dry sift.

Does that have to do with the fact many of these hash plants came from the mountainous regions with the low moisture and high altitude sun. The plant made this wax to protect its self?

OR, Is this a man made attribute into the plant to make it easier to dry sift?

Would you agree these plants are lees loud when it comes to smell?

Last edited:

El Unico Frijol

It would also work as an antidessicant, in arid climates. With the wetter climates providing a more oily resin with better anti fungal properties.

Latest posts

Latest posts