What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vending to clubs, what is it like for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phr3d0m2gr0

One of the best threads I've read in a while. Thanks to all the people contributing. I'm not in a position to sell myself anytime soon, but was always curious about the process of growing for dispensaries.

To the people growing Indoors and getting around $3500-3750 for a pound how much do you estimate it takes you to grow that pound? I'm sure you've done the calculations, but would you be willing to share? Pretty please! :smoke:

-Phr3

JWH-018

broker sounds like a great idea. how did you get in contact with one?

I personally knew a couple of guys doing it. And met a few more through friends. It's a business role that's older than prop 215 if that helps clarify. I don't know how common they are all over the state, but there is no shortage of them in socal and the greater triangle area.

And I don't want to diminish the OP's achievement, but it's really not fair to claim a 3840 a pound figure if it was 9 different transactions, or anything more than 1. It's semi-impossible to grade based on a picture, but I agree with others being very impressed that you were able to move half of it at $10/g wholesale.

W

Weedman Herb

big timer - Even though Maryland has an exemption on the MJ law it doesn't allow possession or sales ... no med co-ops or dispensaries no growing statutes just a dick shit amendment that allows a medical excuse ... which turns a Criminal Possession Charge into a ticket type offense (to the tune of $100)... You need to do more Homework ... http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4542

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Although there is alot of good info here there is also some sketchy stuff too! The herb pictured above would not come close to 3800 in Norcal in the disp or the street. Most guys in the game are not going to come and spend 3800 bucks anyways unless they are small timers looking to have some spending money and gold chains. If you have the weight the good herb sells itself but never for that price. The most I let mine go for 32-3300 a lb and that is if you are cash in hand grabbing 2-3. Less than that in Norcal and you are not getting a call back from most guys I know. The clubs are different but like folks already said if its not fire, dont bother. My stuff kills what I see in the clubs and my guys all got better stuff in the streets. You gotta have some game about you and you gotta understand that you are in a illegal business(fed) that is full of sharks all of a sudden. If you arent ready to swim like one your are just bait for someone else. Hard talk but I havenet seen it much in this thread. When you compete against every club out there and the guys seeling in the street, its twice as hard to grind. 3800? Not from Bakerfield Oregon. Too many great growers with great buds. I would call it the NBA Western Conference of ganja. Good luck with whatever happens.

P

Perpetual

I am not in norcal, though? I don't see a club having a hard time getting 50 an 1/8 for it, and remember, the pic doesn't show the best of the bunch. From what I have gathered the half was gone a week ago, I got a call and had to tell em I wont have anything for them for a little bit. Perhaps people have more money to throw around where I am. Comparing one area's prices to another won't work, that's not really what the thread was about. My fault for getting it off track. Thanks for the well wishes, rainman.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
If you're going to vend to clubs.... Keep your shit clean please. Try hard to resist that 'Additives' fever that so many folks have.

Dunno who grew this Strawberry Cough but it doesn't burn, tastes like shit and leaves black ash.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
P - No offense ment to you in your endevor but I was only speaking of the NorCal scene which alot of these guys are familiar with. Most places outside of here will be more espensive since there is so much floating around and it is psuedo-legal. Again good luck and you never know until you know so go for it.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
big timer - Even though Maryland has an exemption on the MJ law it doesn't allow possession or sales ... no med co-ops or dispensaries no growing statutes just a dick shit amendment that allows a medical excuse ... which turns a Criminal Possession Charge into a ticket type offense (to the tune of $100)... You need to do more Homework ... http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4542

There's at least one case in MD where the charges for growing 30 plants were reduced to that $100 fine based on the affirmative defense provided by that statute. Yeah, the law is almost unusable but better than nothing.

http://katzjustice.com/underdog/arc...l-marijuana-sentence-on-multiple-plants..html

bbing

Here's my idea; retail is gonna hate on me for it but oh well,

Seems like we could do a better job of organizing ourselves into grower collectives. Participating in a collective (regional) could bring us all higher returns including the retailers and even consumers if we could act in concert determining what strains and how much (kinda like taking control of production ...for now)

By cultivating top-quality growers and strains ; a collective could be branded and greater effeciency and production controls would exists. Truth is, most folks around have been providing the full continuum of service from cultivation to medicinal consult (as far strain appropriateness) for many years before compassionate laws provided for...

I continue to grow a non-hyped strain that when grown to full medicinal value is a mediocre producer, but a certain crowd of chronic pain sufferers really likes it.

Some of us have gifts for low production high-quality meds, some of us, well..in other departments.

Right now there appears to be alot of waste, hype, and profit and the retail end and god knows, they have to handle their share of crap I never want to deal with, so they deserve some level of premium for the risk and PITA factor.

It seems like its really our chance to help define what goes on the shelf and why. It could also bring around a different cast of characters who have dedicated many many years to understanding this plant and its effects who's passion includes more than just the recreational aspects.

Or you could settle for scrambling around your county(ies) getting played against the "retail-homeboy" collective and shelfing poly hybrids that have been around for 20 years or so...

The creme will eventually rise to the top but who knows.......Pharm-Agra may change the field yet again.

Its really not so much about price as it it what proportion of the money goes where.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Here's my idea; retail is gonna hate on me for it but oh well,

Seems like we could do a better job of organizing ourselves into grower collectives. Participating in a collective (regional) could bring us all higher returns including the retailers and even consumers if we could act in concert determining what strains and how much (kinda like taking control of production ...for now)

By cultivating top-quality growers and strains ; a collective could be branded and greater effeciency and production controls would exists. Truth is, most folks around have been providing the full continuum of service from cultivation to medicinal consult (as far strain appropriateness) for many years before compassionate laws provided for...

I continue to grow a non-hyped strain that when grown to full medicinal value is a mediocre producer, but a certain crowd of chronic pain sufferers really likes it.

Some of us have gifts for low production high-quality meds, some of us, well..in other departments.

Right now there appears to be alot of waste, hype, and profit and the retail end and god knows, they have to handle their share of crap I never want to deal with, so they deserve some level of premium for the risk and PITA factor.

It seems like its really our chance to help define what goes on the shelf and why. It could also bring around a different cast of characters who have dedicated many many years to understanding this plant and its effects who's passion includes more than just the recreational aspects.

Or you could settle for scrambling around your county(ies) getting played against the "retail-homeboy" collective and shelfing poly hybrids that have been around for 20 years or so...

The creme will eventually rise to the top but who knows.......Pharm-Agra may change the field yet again.

Its really not so much about price as it it what proportion of the money goes where.

Ooh I like it, like a union! Hell I'd pay dues on that.

I have a buddy who has always sold privately, his one experience trying to work with a club went poorly I hear. They tried to lowball him, beat him up on price over and over, THEN told him to come back for the money later on, he said F that and walked away. He grows ridiculously good indoor and is a breeder, so he usually gets $4k a p for his indoor/organics and definitely deserves it (I did tell him to do a better trim job though, kinda leafy.) Another club he tried wanted to hand pick the buds out of his bag, he didn't like that idea, neither would I.

Speaking of, has anyone noticed a price premium for organics on the street or clubs or am I wasting my time and money with organic nutes?

Speaking of, has anyone noticed a price premium for organics on the street or clubs or am I wasting my time and money with organic nutes?

i went to a club in the bay area that had something labeled "organic purple"

it was the most expensive, even though it didn't look the best

DonDankles

I have a buddy who has always sold privately, his one experience trying to work with a club went poorly I hear. They tried to lowball him, beat him up on price over and over, THEN told him to come back for the money later on, he said F that and walked away. He grows ridiculously good indoor and is a breeder, so he usually gets $4k a p for his indoor/organics and definitely deserves it (I did tell him to do a better trim job though, kinda leafy.) Another club he tried wanted to hand pick the buds out of his bag, he didn't like that idea, neither would I.

LOL. It's very funny, because I believe 98% of collectives will never even know if it is organic or not. They just don't have the nostrils for it.

But once you tell them its 100% organic, they smile and get all giggly-like.
Which is why alot of vendors will lie and cheat collectives with 'organically grown bullshit' when they might have only used 1/2 organics. Why? Because 100% organic takes time, expertise and money to grow. And even organic hydro will still not compare to the earthiness / pureness of 100% organically grown buds in soil. Even organic soil buds not properly flushed will be harsh like they had chemicals in it.

So really, it depends on the collective. But most wont mind a premium if they are truly convinced its organic.

How many grower's collectives do you think already exists? They're mostly hidden/not-advertised/close knit groups of patients. Trying to group them into a union seems like a PITA if you ask me. How about grouping the collectives/store fronts themselves into a union. Seems like it would serve a better purpose for all medical patients that are urging/seeking standards or even regulations in this industry.

T

Teeg420

my experience has actually been good recently, usually its been a pain in the ass. 3900 an lb. woo hoo.

Edit: Medical.

Sublimelime

oh how this thread makes everyone in the US not living on the west coast jealous... unless you are a grower of course.

But lbs of chronic around here are 4k minimum, even as high as 5.5.

Come open up show in Texas, its more lucrative :)

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
The great thing about this is, everyone WILL have to step their game up OR lower their prices. Another thing, grow other strains than what is already at practically every damn club up and down the state.

Another question,

clones....

Around here they are in the $15 to $20 per clone. What are the wholesale pricing for clones and how many rooted or otherwise do they want at a time?

I know the money is in the medicine BUT clones can really help out other patients more in the long run. Well at least for those who grow that is.

--

Texas, lol I'm cool on starting anything out there. The cartels have it down pretty well i'm sure. The fed/state laws in texas are not very beneficial no matter what the money might be like.

The one thing I do like about texas however is their gun laws, I wish we could have the best of both worlds though.

T

Teeg420

I would assume the wholesale cost is 5 to 7 dollars, and they want them in rockwool cubes.
I personally like to use my ez cloner when i clone, never had good success in rockwool.

Status
Not open for further replies.