What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"VEGETABLE GARDENING" (for fun and nutrition)

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
strawberry plot

strawberry plot

Easy gardening crew :yes: still green we see :dance:

the strawberry plot:

this drop-down system from bench to pots allows nice natural propagation with these alpine strawberries, and cultivated 'cambridge delight' (to right).
after a good feed of ash, these plants will be ready for transplanting next season.

"I give thanks for inspiration... be true to yourself and you will never fall!" [Mike B]

Last edited:

MK-Ultra

Next year i'm going to be doing a large veggie grow and posting pics along the way.
Red Savina Habanero's, Biker Billy Jalapeno's, Sweetcorn, Bell Pepper's. All sorts of tomatoes. and alot of Herbs freshly grown in oranic soil.
So i hope i can post a few pics of my garden next year, i'm gonna grow alot of pepper's for salsa. Looking forward to seeing more pics from youre all's veggie gardens. nice pics. keep up the great work everyone.

G

Heres a few garden pics.

Bell Peppers. They'll be in the oven tomarrow night.

A seed head from an onion.

This is a pic of a sunflower with half the seeds exposed.

Some sweet banana peppers...so heavy my plants are fallin' over.

And of course...my pumpkin....she hit 334# last night.

Seed

RuralRoute420

i'm still here, will get some pics today, garden is starting to get kinda raggedy.....lol:) too much rain this year = blight.

RuralRoute420

update:

update:

here are my bell pepper plants, they love all this rain, they stand over 5ft tall:

banana bills, they slowly get smaller with each round they put on, i tend to notice the colors get more yellow as the plant matures:

fat n sassy's seem to get better with each round, they are nice peppers, nice 4x4 blocks:)

ah, the sugar snack hybrid cherry tomatoes; the plants that just won't stop! these things prove hard to control, not so much pruning need next year, or just taller stakes:

sideview of garden, all those are burpee "delicious" strain, the best that i grew this year, taste wise, nice and round. tastes like a tomato. getting blight though, due to all this rain. calmag doesnt seem to be holding it off completely, although, it is helping it seems:

and last but not least, my single little jalepeno plant, stands about 2.5ft tall, jammed pack full of little peppers, thought i might leave them on to see if they turn red, like i've been told, so they aren't so hot. stomach can't handle them...but of course i see they are cracking bad = hot:( :yoinks:

Last edited:
G

how's it going everyone :wave

i'm starting 2 indeterminate cherry tomato varieties and i was wondering how to go about growing them under an hps.

would they fruit under 12/12?
have some big boy's in the backyard but i didn't really tend to them and they never fruited.

RuralRoute420

the weather is taking an early turn for the worse, id say... going to take out the tomato plants, but keeping the peppers for now, they are on side of house, they will stay warmer, weatherman saying long, cold winter this year, compared to last year's mild one, the weather is quite crazy lately, must be warming thing.......tsk, tsk.

G

Here is a Craven99 head. I have plenty of seed for next season and to share with my friends.

Banana peppers, so full and heavy they have my plants laying flat on the ground.

Harvesting the heads.

I got 4 wheel barrow fulls of heads...the birds will be happy.

Seed

Last edited:

kushedout

You guys are definately some experienced growers. Very impressed by your plants RR420. And equally impressed with your harvest SS. Keep posting those cool pics ;)

kurlyq2g

some stuff in my garden.. these pics were taken a few months back, everything has since grown huge and/or been harvested.

sunflowers

peas

squash/cucumber

^^^The plant in this picture has since grown taller than the fence, and out past the X-mas tree!

you can see tomatoes in the back... yellow and red kinds to choose from... One of the lemon trees, (i cant find it in any pictures but there is a pomegranet tree that is taller then the house.. in the middle of producing as we speak) Then there is the compost heap in picture #6.

concord(e?) grape vines that are growing like weeds

and of course my guard cat, always on the look out

green_grow

Veteran
i was wondering if there were a gardening section here ; glad i found it . i am a bit of a novice gardener. i have a watermelon plant that has 3 melons on it . one is larger than the other two and i am running out of growing season here . if i cull the 2 smaller ones will this enable the remaining melon to finish off faster ?

kurlyq2g

It may help, as there would be less fruit and more leaf to work with on the plant..

Give it a try and tell us how it goes, if it goes well we will all learn from it.

G

Hi Green Grow...Welcome to veggie-land.

There isn't anything you can do to speed up fruit times on melons. If you cull the smalls the remaining fruit will get alot larger. I takes about 55-65 days for most melons.
This is my prize winner at a young age. It finished at 50#. I also grew a 40#er on the same vine.

Hope this helps,
Seed

G

Oh shit! Sorry I missed ya Kurly.
I like your garden. Alot of folks don't realize that they don't need an open field to grow veggies. Any ol' spot in the yard that is made of dirt will suffice.

That is my sunflower from the fair this season. As big as it is, I only took second. 14' ++

Seed

kurlyq2g

thanks for the props... not very impressive pictures conscidering how big they got, but i like them anyway... got a new batch of tomatoes on the way, just a beefsteak hybrid... will post up some pics later tonight

RuralRoute420

nice pics spreading seed, been checking this thread every time i'm here, but no one really posts much anymore. season is over for veggies at my place. hitting >40'F consecutive nights. i had some a fatnsassy pepper plant that grew to 6', lots of peppers, kept some seeds out of last 2 peppers. never done it before, hopefully you can't screw them up....