What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vegamatrix line and o.g. Tea is awesome!!!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lol thanks Allen dawg. You're a bit new to growing arnt you? It's ok. Vegamatrix and ogtea veganic special sauce are a line of nutrients that are veganic and dialed in by Kyle kushman. We also use, gh rapid start, b'cuzz bloom, molasses, and earth juice meta k. Our goal is not over phosphorous pumped hydro to get the largest nugs. Our goal is to produce insanley tasty, high quality and potent nugs. Simply put, we grow for frost and flavor.

At the end of the cycle the leaves fade and die as the plant eats the nutrients inside and uses them to ripen the buds. This also eliminate large amounts of chlorophyll in the leaves, and greatly improves taste, and smell. At no point do our buds smell or taste like green plant matter.

Most people cut their buds prematurely at eight weeks when they still have green leaves, white hairs and clear thrichromes. Ours are at about day 70. Coming down any day now. Almost all red hairs, fully plumped and ripened lower buds, with cloudy and amber thrichromes. The fan leaves are covered in frost. On the cookies and sfv og the fan leaves fold up from the weight of the thick layer of resin building on them. We used no chemical or animal derived phosphorous additives and the buds are rock hard anyways.

....you can be a petty hater if you like, or you can try it and see for yourself, and make an educated comment.

Happy new year. Here is a few shots of a fresh cut bud or two we trimmed up a little early at eight weeks.

Last edited:

Mikenite69

Veteran
Very nice grow hash zep. Just found this thread from the frosty bud thread. That mendo cookies looks very nice I am like it!

Don't know how people can hate on kushman obviously the dude knows what he is doing. Everytime the dude enters buds in cups they usually always place. Not to mention dude had been growing forever. His we'd has always been good I have smoked it before he became famous and when he only lived 20 minutes from me and before strawberry cough became so popular.

Anyways subbed for the rest if the show and your killing it!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank for the compliment dude. Im not quite sure how some people can hate on those buds. Some people are just jelly I guess It's ok though.

RicoT

Don't have a clue what the fuck that guy is talking about HZ, but this grow came out PERFECT!
Nice job brother and thanks for the updates!:tiphat:

Mikenite69

Veteran
Lol "then the little jelly monster came along" lol. Love that damn episode of south park especially Mr. Mackee.

Allendawg

Really are you guys serious? I've been on here a long time I often switch locations & computers! Where did Kushman get his Hort degree? Does he have one? The reason why people bag on Kushman is they buy his nutes & smoke his bud from the dispensary & are disappointed! Again download the feeding charts & nutes labels, post them in the nutrients section of icmag & watch what happens! Peace!

Mikenite69

Veteran
Who needs a horticultural degree to grow weed? Most of the people that go to colledge to take botany classes get blown away by memebers/growers that have 0 schooling and just have hands on expierence in growing.

You seem to have tons of opinions so let us see your bud shots? I am dying to see this since you are so opinionated of other people.

Let me guess since you switch computers and screen names all the time so your gonna claim u don't post pictures online for security reasons?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahhh. No good thread is complete with out it's designated troll. Allendawg, I dub thee official thread troll. Welcome. Make your self at home. Here enjoy a fresh orphan child on the house. :)

I have no degree, but I can read. Not to mention I do have 15 years experience, and multiple awards. All my bud is all claimed before it is ever chopped every single time, for the last solid decade. I'm also ranked number 20 out of 48,559 growers on ic mag for reputation. My grow and smoke report threads have over 100,000 views when added up. In the last 2 years, I have been asked by multiple scientist, botanist and horticulturalist with doctorates from places like UCB ( the third hardest school to get into in the USA behind Harvard and Stanford) to guide them on their personal grows, and teach them specifically about the many varieties of the cannabis plant. I have surpassed all of the horticulturalist I have worked for in the past.

......but I don't know shit I guess. This sfv I harvest a minute ago isn't frosty at all either.

Last edited:

cyat

Veteran
Nice sfv brother!!

Im interested in their hydro nutrients if they ever come out

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry no you tube channel. I'm hash_zeppelin on Instagram, and I always link to my buddy that has more great pictures.

I would love to do vegamatrix Dwc, but it's not made for that. Coco might be just as good though for vega matrix, and I do want to give that a go.

growfree

And you plan to make one(a youtube channel)? It would be nice from your part to share a little deeper your knowledge.

RicoT

So much more to learn through reading here and other forums, growfree.:tiphat:

HZ the sfv looks killer man!

Allendawg

Hash Berk has the largest program 150 students but it is not a top 5 in this field! Your SFV pic looks fine! The pic with the Nute lockout probably not the best to market vega! Most Hort pros have no clue what good MJ is they must figure it out like everyone else. The top botanist in the state is located in that area of the state he has his own business earns 5 mil a year @ this point he has no reason to enter our market but if the projections are correct people like him will enter this market to earn 10 mil! Ask your pals if they're connected they should know who I'm talking about! Furthermore making it difficult for the fakes like Kushman selling Ferts that are not formulated correctly! Icmag is no way to gage your growing skills eventhough there are some terrific growers! I hate it when growers get taken advantage of! Again Vegamatrix is not formulated correctly a grower with a background in ornamental horticulture probably won't know what a MJ plants needs but he/she should quickly figure it out, he/she should quickly figure out how to add weight & frost to your SFV. I understand that these fert cos don't want to change their nutes & label $50k but when a so called master grower spends $50k for a new line I'm thinking it was made to sell more ingredients or he has no clue! Don't take it personal well unless you are in some way financially attached to it!

growfree

And do you plan to make one (a youtube channel)? It would be nice from your part to share a little deeper your knowledge.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lol. It's not Nute lock out. They are on flush dude. They are doing exactly what they need to do.

I'm not offended I have never found a nutrient line that is formulated correctly. Therefore I can't hate on kushman if his line isn't perfect. I get that stuff at whole sale too, so it's not to much money. Costs the same as my gh line that I use for hydro. Most experienced growers know that all feeding charts are just suggestions, and provide a base idea where to start. I have had to dial every nutrient line I have ever used. No exceptions here. We had to add a bunch of stuff and back off on other stuff. Plus we don't feed every watering. Each strain requires it's own formula as well. Almost none of our plants are on the same exact feeding schedule. It's like just because you make cookies with Betty Crocker doesn't mean you can't add stuff to make the end results more to your liking. :)

Also many people with botany or horticulture degrees can't find well paying jobs in that field, hence why they grow weed. They know the science, they just generally want to learn the nuances, and chat. What is really interesting is that Me and thousands of other small to mid scale growers around the state have been getting approached more and more by people in many different professions wanting to break into the canna business on a larger scale. I'm really not their guy. Talk to me if you want to build a small set up for personal meds.

I give out my personal formulas pretty freely in my threads. If you would like my feeding schedules for hydro or soil you are welcome to them just like anyone else on icmag.

Just like I tell everybody, If you would like to take the Pepsi challenge of my nug vs. yours then I'm down, and even if I lose I win because I got to smoke awesome bud, and I could use your knowledge to make my bud better. There is no such thing as losing when weed is enjoyed and information is shared.

I think icmag is a great way to judge your growing. In my opinion some of the best growers on the planet post here. The best growers I have ever seen I met through icmag.

Allendawg

I would disagree regarding unemployed Botanist like anything you have the good & bad. I totally agree iron does sharpen iron. People in the Hort field have too much @ stake @ this point to get involved with MJ that could change in 12 months. Vega Matrix is a new fertilizer there is no excuse to launch a line that is formulated incorrectly! Yes I make my own Fert but I have many contacts in AG. No I would never launch it, it is for personal use; furthermore in the real world fertilizer is a commodity! They look fried to me! If that fert is Soo good why would you need to flush?

Latest posts

Latest posts