What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vavilov, Afghan Sativas, and Uzbeki Giants

dicid

Ok,

Right here, The Original Krush Afghan Sativa Cut.

125days flowering... Can go to 140 for a good Amber Trichomes Ratio...

Acid Smell, and Floral... 3Month Cured in jar... A taste like the smell :dance013:

Great medicinal effect.

Some pics a differents stage

La Vibes !

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last year I had the pleasure of smoking some afghan sativa grown from seed gifted by Cherniak :abduct:

ngakpa

Veteran
Mazar-i-Sharif, pure Afghan variety

giant indica

Humboldt 1970s

Attachments

• Mazar5lbsdry.jpg
    Mazar5lbsdry.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 52

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
+1 Ngakpa, great document :good:
I take this opportunity to honor your bringing... Respect rsc!
Right this Afghan stuff is stretchy and some specimens offer the good kush indi/sati giant, even as the sativ'foxstructure flowers ;) enjoy bro

Mazar e charif, +/- 100 (flushing)

yourbuddy

If someone hasn't said this already.. Cannabis is a very "smart" plant, I'm talking about evolution of course. These afghanis have been rubbed and harvested for years, the plants main goal is to produce seed and ensure the passage of their seed. Don't ask me how but I believe the plants recognized they were being used for their thc production and naturally evolved with higher THC production, Much like apples started out being bitter tasting and evolving to be sweeter and sweeter. Just my 2 cents.

burningfire

Veteran
If someone hasn't said this already.. Cannabis is a very "smart" plant, I'm talking about evolution of course. These afghanis have been rubbed and harvested for years, the plants main goal is to produce seed and ensure the passage of their seed. Don't ask me how but I believe the plants recognized they were being used for their thc production and naturally evolved with higher THC production, Much like apples started out being bitter tasting and evolving to be sweeter and sweeter. Just my 2 cents.

hmm, humans did all the work, they used the acidic apples to make cider and worked with other apple trees to produce a sweeter and juicier apple.

plants don't select within themselves, they try and grow to the best of their genetic codes, humans do all the selection work.

plants are dumb, they will react to stressors but they cannot make decisions.

Chomba64

Veteran
I am one who helps preserve landrace. It is so scarce now compared to the 60's. Glad to see there are a few still working on this precious endeavor. Peace

From what I understand the Afghan Sativas that have been growing at higher altitudes have acclimated to the intense UVrays, by higher Trichome production. This is one theory Ive heard. Ive been growing all kinds of affie strains for years. One of my favorite varieties, Ive yet to scan thru this entire thread, but im def tagged, and will contribute where I Can.

GreenGeek

I managed to acquire some of these Afghan beans from a friend who just did a tour over there earlier this year. he brought me back 21 beans, hand picked off the sweetest largest smelling cola he could find, growing in the Kandahar region, he stated the ground they flourish on was extremely dry. and was amazed they were alive.

I grew out those 21 beans, and came out with 7 girls. each one expressed a very different pheno type. and they stretched like crazy, with very fat study stalks. 3 of them had nice chunky buds, one was extremely leafy with very little calyxes, and the other 3 had very small buds on them. finishing time was 8-9 weeks. I did save some of the males and pollinated the chunky buds for future seed stock. I also bred the Afghan males with some Blue Mystic, and have a shit ton of them.

I managed to acquire some of these Afghan beans from a friend who just did a tour over there earlier this year. he brought me back 21 beans, hand picked off the sweetest largest smelling cola he could find, growing in the Kandahar region, he stated the ground they flourish on was extremely dry. and was amazed they were alive.

I grew out those 21 beans, and came out with 7 girls. each one expressed a very different pheno type. and they stretched like crazy, with very fat study stalks. 3 of them had nice chunky buds, one was extremely leafy with very little calyxes, and the other 3 had very small buds on them. finishing time was 8-9 weeks. I did save some of the males and pollinated the chunky buds for future seed stock. I also bred the Afghan males with some Blue Mystic, and have a shit ton of them.
Please post here some of good photos of your Kandaharies.

Agent Orange702

Vavilov was a badass. He also brought a ton of tomato 'n pepper seeds, from highland central 'n south America, to Russia. Siberian tomatos have some awesome long day traits.

Ruderalis genes, inbred for auto trait, do not mean weak...

IndicaFarmer

Again I'm glad you guys find this interesting. Im glad you guys don't believe everything you read on the internet either and have doubts. But you guys should research or ask someone you respect to get their take on it. I'm going to soften my point just a little by saying that my wild malawis are a bit of a freak and that when I refer or "reefer" (bad pun) to a drug strain all I'm saying is that it has a thc content above 1.5 % and a cbd below .5 in the flowers which at its weakest isn't exactly killer herb but will get you high and can be bred into something more decent. another characteristic of a drug strain is that its unsuitable for fiber content. ALL EQUATORIAL SATIVA FERAL OR CULTIVATED MEETS THIS CRITERIA. In contrast feral northern varieties always have a thc below .3% and cbd above .5% which will not get you high but will give you a headache and has some suitability for fiber production. Another way you can look at this is examine how with different strains how different phenos develop when grown under varying conditions. If something is grown under one set of conditions and a certain pheno doesn't show up of course natural selection will not be able to select for those traits that do not show up under those conditions. This is true no matter how healthy the plants are or how long they are left to flower. Anyone that's grown a variety (especially sativas) that is much different outside than it is inside has seen this. Many of the best outdoor sativas smell different taste different look different and provide a different high when groen outside. This is caused by varying growth conditions that can tell traits to be dominant or recessive. While stress can affect this its not the only factor even when perfectly healthy temperature light cycle light intensity altitude nutrient and soil conditions all can shape what phenos are displayed by the genetics. I would think if any of you have the ability to talk to djshort reeferman or rc clarke they'll tell you pretty close to what I just said. I feel like kind of a know-it-all wanker spending so much time arguing my point. I try very hard to be open to changing my opinion even on things that I feel strongly about. I welcome and appreciate anyone that can convince me that I'm wrong.
actually, there have been some ditchweed/feral hemp varieties in the Midwest that have been found to have thc levels up to 2 percent. I have never seen a reading higher than that and I have searched long and hard. Another interesting thing that may contradict what your saying is Hokkaido hemp populations in Japan that are known to sometimes produce flower that rates at 5 percent or above thc, OfCourse with a large amount of accompanying cbd, this seems charachetristic to these populations when the thc goes up, so does the cbd, they seem connected and hard to seperate?

IndicaFarmer

Yes please dig that up paz. Botanists have a dificult time explaining how cannabis got into mexico and south america so quickly. Though I like the story I personally never fully bought the one about the moorish members od cortez's crew that had escaped into michoacan and had brought some seeds they had goten on previous travels to central asia (pakistan?) to a tiny village with volcanic soil and getting the local people who were very adept with agriculture to grow these seeds. Though at the same time new plant species especially ones as useful as cannabis spred very rapidly to and from the new world. Peppers are strictly new world plants yet about 5 years after columbus' "discovery" (lol) peppers had incorporated themselves fully in east indian cuisine. On the other hand there is evidence people from the ancient wise and magnificent andean empires engaging in trade with various parts of asia and africa at a time when many europeans were living in caves going ooga booga to each other. In king ramses tomb (pharoah to all you bible fans) they have found tobacco (new world plant spred over north and south america) coca ( strictly andean new world plant) and hashish (central asian) I cannot remember if opium was present but that would be the least suprising of the bunch anyways. The test results of this are certain and it wouldn't be too suprising then if cannabis had gone back the other way. There's also reason (both very old video, film, and genetic evidence)to believe that the true native south americans were genetically and physically similar to the aborigine of australia. As the land bridge thawed the east asian people along with a diverse array of new animals and plants fungi and bacteria carried on their fur and in their stomaches and intestines came down through canada and evetually making it to south america. Since the native americans of asian descent had adapted to be very skilled hunters and warriors by developing adavnced weaponry and domesticated animals (dogs) they quickly and easily pushed the less technologically advanced ethnically aborigine people to the very southern tip of south america. In the 1930's or 40's (? ) an anthropoligist lived with a tribe of these people capturing them on film. Presently there are only two known ancestors of this tribe who genetically are half asian type native american and half aborigine type. A genetic test was done on them showing their encestry. The native americans who had crossed the land bridge later formed the very advanced mayan and incan empires.
You are correct about them finding traces in the bodilly material of Opium, Cannabis and Nicotine, probably from Tobacco. There was most definitely transatlantic trade with South America at that time. If they could build the pyramids, ofcourse they could build reliable trade routes and ships to withstand the weather all the way across and back to the nile.

Latest posts

Latest posts