What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vapers...I have maybe news.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
That's because you didn't get the "full Monty". Folks collect their PVB and make edibles or butter out of them. It's a different consumption method, cracking a brownie in two is not the same as sharing a joint.
At first, I had been enthused about the idea of recycling my vape residue to make canna oil, and yes, it did have a heavy narcotic effect when that canna oil was used to bake cookies.

One thing I discovered with all the cannabis edibles I made at home, was that my sides would ache after I ingested enough of such edibles to ensure a restful night's sleep. Having often encountered reports that THC which is ingested via edibles then gets metabolized in the liver, I concluded that I must rank among the narrow slice of cannabis connoisseurs whose liver reacts badly to the demands of metabolizing THC.

On the basis of that presumption I made about myself alone, I reluctantly quit making edibles and reverted back to tossing out my spent vaporizer residue. The temptation to simply eat that residue is strong because it smells like fresh popcorn whose aroma takes me back to visiting the movies and settling down with a tub of buttered popcorn.

Corpselover Fat

That's because you didn't get the "full Monty". Folks collect their PVB and make edibles or butter out of them. It's a different consumption method, cracking a brownie in two is not the same as sharing a joint.

I don't collect avb. It's done when I'm done with my bowls. I have tried it a few times, but all I got was sedative effects. Not worth it for me.

Growenhaft

quit smoking for the love of your lungs...
a topic i've been working on for many years. it's not difficult to quit smoking... i've done it more than 100 times... i'm a real quitting pro...

currently i bought an arizer solo2 a few weeks ago... below 200 degrees celsius there is absolutely nothing emotionally happening... i have the feeling i get high from the strong oxygen intake... my lungs are not used to so much air . the vapor content is too weak... there is no strain on the lungs if no hot smoke scratches down the throat and burns the lungs...
I strongly associate this feeling with smoking cannabis... it is completely absent when vaping with the small device. i also love exhaling the smoke in a long, dense waft when smoking... seeing how much was in the lungs... playing with this smoke is exactly my thing. when i turn off the vaporizer this is very disappointing... it feels like having an orgasm, but instead of squirting torrents, only a timid, shy droplet comes out with a 2cm jump. sobering

it's a mind thing. you can't replace smoking with vaping... you can't... the feelings are completely different. there are 2 completely different types of consumption... i really had to understand that first. It doesn't work for me to completely replace smoking with vaping as my plan was. but i was able to at least halve the number of joints per day... and that's a big win.

I can't quite understand the enthusiasm of some for vaping... which is probably because of me because I'm obviously using the thing wrong. too high temperatures and too well cured weed.

at the moment i don't feel a big difference in the duration of the good taste.... also in the vapo after the first 3-5 deep draws the full-bodied taste is gone... similar to the joint. I suspect, however, that with the same amount of weed I will have longer pleasure from smoking than if I would vape.... vaping requires more weed than smoking weed... that is my experience so far. however, this thread has given me some important new perspectives that i'd like to try... especially using slightly wetter weed makes sense to me... also in terms of lower temps... and starting with low temps and then ramping up . maybe i have to get the 1 tropical orgasm theory out of my head...

Corpselover Fat

quit smoking for the love of your lungs...
a topic i've been working on for many years. it's not difficult to quit smoking... i've done it more than 100 times... i'm a real quitting pro...

currently i bought an arizer solo2 a few weeks ago... below 200 degrees celsius there is absolutely nothing emotionally happening... i have the feeling i get high from the strong oxygen intake... my lungs are not used to so much air . the vapor content is too weak... there is no strain on the lungs if no hot smoke scratches down the throat and burns the lungs...
I strongly associate this feeling with smoking cannabis... it is completely absent when vaping with the small device. i also love exhaling the smoke in a long, dense waft when smoking... seeing how much was in the lungs... playing with this smoke is exactly my thing. when i turn off the vaporizer this is very disappointing... it feels like having an orgasm, but instead of squirting torrents, only a timid, shy droplet comes out with a 2cm jump. sobering

it's a mind thing. you can't replace smoking with vaping... you can't... the feelings are completely different. there are 2 completely different types of consumption... i really had to understand that first. It doesn't work for me to completely replace smoking with vaping as my plan was. but i was able to at least halve the number of joints per day... and that's a big win.

I can't quite understand the enthusiasm of some for vaping... which is probably because of me because I'm obviously using the thing wrong. too high temperatures and too well cured weed.

at the moment i don't feel a big difference in the duration of the good taste.... also in the vapo after the first 3-5 deep draws the full-bodied taste is gone... similar to the joint. I suspect, however, that with the same amount of weed I will have longer pleasure from smoking than if I would vape.... vaping requires more weed than smoking weed... that is my experience so far. however, this thread has given me some important new perspectives that i'd like to try... especially using slightly wetter weed makes sense to me... also in terms of lower temps... and starting with low temps and then ramping up . maybe i have to get the 1 tropical orgasm theory out of my head...

Vaping is very similar to joints imo, but only a few vapes can compare to bongs. If you are used to adding tobacco when you smoke the experience will be very different. Also seems to me like smoke and vapor need to be inhaled a little differently. Seems like smokers cough a lot when they try vapes.

grayeyes

I have read alot of tangents so let me explain how I came to the position you read about.

Here in So. Cal. we are having a time frame of very high humidity. From a low of 55% to 95%. I just harvested two weeks ago and have been trying to get an initial dry. It ain't working. After seeing videos on de-carbolixing (probably wrong spelling) I thought maybe I should try this out with my damp stuff.

I have now tried it several times and am very impressed. Much more terpenes, higher THC and for the last couple of posters, I don't have the vape turned up, it is set very low. No Smoke. I also am using about a quarter of the material I would roll up. As far as strain, I have grown this one out 4 times and this is the best I have ever had it.

The reason you don't taste much with joints is that you are filtering through all that burned material. Guess what that tastes like......tar.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I never got that superhigh feeling from vaping i got from finishing a pure joint. The last 25% of a joint is always the best for me. It's dev a mix of having the thc from the first puffs long enough in the system that the full effects start and all the goodies(and bad things) condensed in the roach so it's stronger than the weed rolled in. I haven't found a vape that can do that. Also the amount of time u can smoke a good rolled joint is unmatched with vapes. Either u can suck on the device forever without getting decent hits or its 2-3 good hits max and everything is vaped.

Don't get me wrong love vaping but i need a transition periode from smoking. when i start vaping regular i have to use higher temps and slowly turn down the temps to get decent hits. ~3 weeks in the temps i needed to get a decent hit in the beginning are now way to high and irritate my throat/lung. Not to speak of the better taste when vaping lower temps.

But in some strains there is more than cannabinoids and terpenes. Amnesia core cut f.e. let me vape a few more puffs to extract everything. The last puffs are more heavy on the lung but add to the effect. Imo some oils that need higher temps to vape, maybe something like thcv(not sure if the core cut has it). Who knows without a gc.

But i prefere a bong over a joint everytime so the vape i love to use is the sublimator. Not easy to buy these days but a strong solid strong hitter. 1 to max 3 hits and everything is vaped and the vape has a consistency close to smoke. After a long session there are vape clouds hanging in the room. I'm sure u could hotbox with that vape.

I like that device so much that i'm thinking a lot of how to make a diy knock off. A vape path made only of glass would be awsome for taste imo. But heating metal together with glass needs some extra ingenuity.

Corpselover Fat

But i prefere a bong over a joint everytime so the vape i love to use is the sublimator. Not easy to buy these days but a strong solid strong hitter. 1 to max 3 hits and everything is vaped and the vape has a consistency close to smoke. After a long session there are vape clouds hanging in the room. I'm sure u could hotbox with that vape.

I like that device so much that i'm thinking a lot of how to make a diy knock off. A vape path made only of glass would be awsome for taste imo. But heating metal together with glass needs some extra ingenuity.

I liked bongs too so when I really decided I'm going to stop smoking I got myself a Vapexhale Evo to replace my Volcano. It did the trick. A bowl was 1-3 hits and very thick vapour. Awesome, but easy to brake. In the end mine just stopped working even though I never dropped it or anything. Then I smoked joints for a few weeks and got myself a Solo2. When that gave up a few months ago I got myself a vapcap.

Take a look at the ball vapes. Pinkyvape is a diy design. Not a glass airpath, but you could make your own design using glass

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I liked bongs too so when I really decided I'm going to stop smoking I got myself a Vapexhale Evo to replace my Volcano. It did the trick. A bowl was 1-3 hits and very thick vapour. Awesome, but easy to brake. In the end mine just stopped working even though I never dropped it or anything. Then I smoked joints for a few weeks and got myself a Solo2. When that gave up a few months ago I got myself a vapcap.

Take a look at the ball vapes. Pinkyvape is a diy design. Not a glass airpath, but you could make your own design using glass
Yeah the vapexhale evo looked also nice.
The newvape flowerpot should also work fine with a bong. But that is a ball vap?

The dynavap vapcap also works like a charm with a bong. I have tried the glass adapters where u can put in the tips but i prefere the m with a 10/14 adapter.
My latest addon for the dynavap is the simrell full metal jacket and i love it. The added thermal mass let u extract all goodies with one heating. Not so good for more people using it since it takes more time till cooled enought to handle again.

weedape

If you are finding that fresh flower produces a different effect, it’s probably for the same reason that many prefer live extracts; it supposedly preserves more of the original terpenes.
I’m also surprised that none of you mentioned vaporizing concentrates. In theory this has all of the advantages of vaping flower but without any potentially harmful chemicals being released from the green plant matter. If you vape the same amount of cannabinoids and terpenes from an extract it means less actual volume of vapor going through your lungs. For those who indulge frequently this is especially beneficial.

grayeyes

But weedape, vaporizing concentrates you have to allow for whoever distilled it didn't throw something else in it. I don't do concentrates for that reason. Too many greedy people who want money and not safety.

I trust what I grow.

Nannymouse

I was very leary of vape cartridges, then along came the 'resin' and 'rosin' carts. Correct me if i'm wrong, but those are pretty darn pure, from the sounds of it. But i really do not like that the carts are not recyclable or reusable. Gets me cranky, like using a plastic disposable lighter. But still will use, if i need to.

My fave for home use, of all the vapes is the old table top box types, like Vape Brothers (sp?) Wooden case, temp is completely adjustable. A user can start very low, increasing temp, until taste begins to be like popcorn. Not very portable, and need a good whip. What i like about whips, is that the tubing can be rinsed with water, and if left damp, it will catch those tiny bits of herb dust that might suck through (especially with drier herb).

Yes, i've found that fresh herbs are wonderful for catching those flavors...the taste changes, every time temp is increased. Very cool. The flavor discoveries are sometimes surprising, as a user may not catch many of them in combusted weed. It is also interesting for me to see how flavors will change (be lost, usually) as herb dries/cures.

weedape

I don’t use carts or any other vape that utilizes a coil or heating element as these have been shown to release heavy metals like lead and cadmium. In the case of carts these metals leech into the extract.
Dr. Dabber Switch uses induction to heat and at least my dispensary charges a lot less for plain concentrate than for carts.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I have a number of dry herb vaporizers that can 'milk' a bong.

My HR Rogue will totally milk a large bong and it's a portable.

My E-Nano log vape can milk a bong with ease. The E-Nano also offers a very nice 'one hit at a time' experience with a single hit glass stem. The feeling is a little like smoking a cigar. Unfortunately, it's a plug-in and not a portable.

There are so many different vapes for different kinds of people. I know people who spend their life in front of a computer and their log vapes are plugged in 24/7. Some, for years already (so they claim).

Others like that butane experience. Fucking ritual just to get a single hit. LOL Albeit, the Vaponic is the best tasting hit of pot you will ever experience. Totally amazing what an all glass vape does for taste.

I use the RIO for rosin. Fucking most amazing portable banger setup in existence. If you do concentrates and like cold start dabs... check out the RIO. I also have a few e-nail rigs as well. A Kandypens Oura and some other I can't remember. I way love the RIO better.

However, in spite of owning all these vapes, I smoke joints 90% of the time.

I like joints. Period. But, believe me, there is a dry herb vape for just about everyone out there.

:)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
There is a lot of old wives tales out there LOL. I decarb my buds for my pills at 225 deg F for 25 min. That smell that goes off in your kitchen is medicine. When I see folks who categorically state, decarb your weed to make canna butter etc... NO! You keep it at a lower temp for longer In butter in a dble boiler.

When it comes to vaping the sweet spot is 360 deg F, or you can adjust your vape accordingly to capture all the "gases" Some of these terpenes are temp sensitive and will "burn off" rather than volatilize as intended. This is what I am talking about...

View attachment 18768627
The gist is that you can target what you want, or go through them for the complete entourage effect.

Unfortunately, most vaporizers have a timer and times out. Most, time out @ 5 min. My Arizer solo has a 12 min cut off, so one can navigate through the temps. When the more volatile terps have been vaporized, you will know, and you simply go to the next setting. I never go past level 4 (383 deg F). I clean up on level 4 after she timed out. On my Flowermate I set it for 360 deg, and for "evening meds, I simply use an evening strain, and, everyone is different there. Bubba Kush is supposed to be a nighttime strain for many. It doesn't do diddly for me but, it is a great day time strain.

Starting @ a lower temps is not as harsh and allows you to take more in. Bonus!
Damn you got to be kidding me. All this time I've been using the wrong setting. No wonder I got mixed results. I always ran my vapes full throttle thinking I was getting the best buzz. This morning I tried the recommended temp above and can see what you are talking about. Thanks Switcher.😎

Swamp Thang

Veteran
And Creeper, if you go even lower, especially with product that hasn't been completely dried, then you get more terps and THC. It doesn't need to burn to release those. Three puffs at lower temps will convince you that you are done.
My understanding has always been that lower vaping temperatures give an "up" buzz that is more active, while higher temperature vaping gives a more sedative effect. This is the first time I'm hearing that lower vaping temperatures actually yield MORE of the THC in a given quantity of bud than does a higher vaping temperature. Am I understanding this correctly?

goingrey

My understanding has always been that lower vaping temperatures give an "up" buzz that is more active, while higher temperature vaping gives a more sedative effect. This is the first time I'm hearing that lower vaping temperatures actually yield MORE of the THC in a given quantity of bud than does a higher vaping temperature. Am I understanding this correctly?
Nah. The relative concentration of THC to other compounds may be higher because some of the other compounds need higher temperatures to boil (Switcher56 posted a graph on the previous page). But a lower temperature won't increase the absolute amount of THC, the opposite actually.

Latest posts

Latest posts