What's new

v2 'dream system' DIY and diary

D

DHF

Yas need another dryin box Bro.........:moon:......and I know that don`t piss yas off......

Anti`s right in that the perfect dry and cure takes a while and 62% RH inside a jar/jug whatever is as good as it gets to store nugs......me?....

I always kept my headies in the freezer and shit stayed in suspended animation till I pulled it out and exposed it to the 3 enemies of pot.......

Heat , light , and air.......If yas keep the shit vacuum sealed in the dark it does well , but ambient temps movin up and down will begin to degrade said product over several months in storage without being frozen.......

Saw it many times back in my outdoor escapades and ignorant yrs......anyways.....Here`s wishin yas got waaaay more than yas were hopin for........

The drying and curing process is a learned thingy and comes with time for optimum product run after run.....so.....

Harvey on G.....Freds......:ying:........

G

GMax

:yoinks: Awesome bro, Congrats on a dank harvest :good:
:smoke out:

thanks brotha

Yas need another dryin box Bro.........:moon:......and I know that don`t piss yas off......

Anti`s right in that the perfect dry and cure takes a while and 62% RH inside a jar/jug whatever is as good as it gets to store nugs......me?....

I always kept my headies in the freezer and shit stayed in suspended animation till I pulled it out and exposed it to the 3 enemies of pot.......

Heat , light , and air.......If yas keep the shit vacuum sealed in the dark it does well , but ambient temps movin up and down will begin to degrade said product over several months in storage without being frozen.......

Saw it many times back in my outdoor escapades and ignorant yrs......anyways.....Here`s wishin yas got waaaay more than yas were hopin for........

The drying and curing process is a learned thingy and comes with time for optimum product run after run.....so.....

Harvey on G.....Freds......:ying:........

I still do it old school..the largest snap top mason jars I can find ...about $6 a piece at Meijer...holds about 5z of SB

and your right, I am gonna need a bigger drying box... I don't relly feel like building one since I am gonna build a real one so I am just gonna put a clothes line above my existing drying box and have a bunch of wire clothes hangers to hold any of the bud that doesn't fit in the box

for the next harvest... I am gonna build a 2x4x6..(maybe bigger) drying box with multiple levels of poultry fencing to hang buds from... a humidifier and a intake exhaust scrubber combo...I got a large 6'' ecoplus carbon filter just sitting around

back to harvest...if I stick with it, I probably finish today

thanks everybody

G

GMax

well I am pretty much done harvesting...:woohoo:

thought this would be a cool picture.... this a single SB in the WW...not my best or worst plant, just average...just to give you an idea of stretch and growth structure....

and here is all the bud excluding the plant pictured^^

that goes ten hangers deep and there is a couple of larger branch buds in the very back on the string...from the looks of things, I did pretty damn good...

let the bud dry and then I report final numbers....

gotta get the WW cleaned out and get the other side's rez changed...but I am taking a break from the grow for the rest of the night....

trimming is such a pain..that was the biggest chore of the entire grow.. and I am half tempted to start saving for a decent trim machine.. especially if I have flip flop WWs and have to do this bout every 2wks.. or at least find a way to make it more comfortable for myself..not sitting on a bucket, hunched over another bucket to collect leaves lol...harvesting was only fun during my first couple crops...that took the majority of my free time over the last few days...

I have been a perpetual grower for the longest, and until today, the most bud I have ever grown at one time was 13.5oz

bobblehead

Veteran
No offense dude cause it's a nice pull... But I would shoot myself if I had to trim all those golf ball nuggets... Fuck that. Get yourself a bonsai hero. One of the best purchases I've made. You've gotta keep trimmers clean or they gunk up and can't work right. Would you rather clean a big spin pro or some hand held electric trimmers that are almost as good as micro-tip scissors? ;) I just dip mine in alcohol while I'm trimming, and it keeps them humming fast and sharp enough to cut me... A paper cut would be worse, all the same, keep your fingers out of the blades.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Holy Christ Batman.....I am so late to this party.....I bow :bow: to your leet design skeelsz....I only wish I had more time to cruise the IC threads I can see I'm missing some great things....Awesome job GMAX

G

GMax

No offense dude cause it's a nice pull... But I would shoot myself if I had to trim all those golf ball nuggets... Fuck that. Get yourself a bonsai hero. One of the best purchases I've made. You've gotta keep trimmers clean or they gunk up and can't work right. Would you rather clean a big spin pro or some hand held electric trimmers that are almost as good as micro-tip scissors? ;) I just dip mine in alcohol while I'm trimming, and it keeps them humming fast and sharp enough to cut me... A paper cut would be worse, all the same, keep your fingers out of the blades.

bro you hit it right on the head.. I am dreading doing this even a second time and it doesn't make it any easier with all the golfball buds.... I feel like I spent almost more time harvesting this than I spent taking care of the garden the whole crop...if I get 4 WWs going, the bottleneck will eventually be finding the time to harvest

I just youtube some videos of the bonsai hero it looks like it could make things a little easier and speed up the process at least

My back hurts just thinking about it. Nice work G. Looks like a bountiful harvest.

thanks bro.. my back is probably gonna be hurting for a good while...at the very least I am getting a lazyboy and a lap table to harvest on next time...might even turn one of the bedrooms in to a harvesting room...a lot of my old furniture is still there so I could put a reclining sofa, a coffee table, and a TV so I can at least relax more and relieve back tension...and make the whole process more enjoyable....shit I got my room at least staggered in half, you are gonna be harvesting a whole room soon...have fun with that :biggrin: do you use any type of trimming utensil...?

Holy Christ Batman.....I am so late to this party.....I bow :bow: to your leet design skeelsz....I only wish I had more time to cruise the IC threads I can see I'm missing some great things....Awesome job GMAX

thanks mega...glad you could make it..there is always a seat for you

TheArchitect

Veteran
trimming is such a pain..that was the biggest chore of the entire grow.. and I am half tempted to start saving for a decent trim machine.. especially if I have flip flop WWs and have to do this bout every 2wks.. or at least find a way to make it more comfortable for myself..not sitting on a bucket, hunched over another bucket to collect leaves lol...harvesting was only fun during my first couple crops...that took the majority of my free time over the last few days...

I have been a perpetual grower for the longest, and until today, the most bud I have ever grown at one time was 13.5oz

Lol, no shit ehh.

I've harvested 5-6 # by myself the last week, and I've still got a tad more. I still refuse to get a machine, I can't stand the damage it does, I thought about the bonsai scissors but I'm worried I won't be able to get the detail I can with my fiskars.

I modified my fiskars with some paper and tape, basically thickened and extended the grips. It made a huge difference in ergonomics, those fiskars are for midget hands.

Harvest looks great btw.

bobblehead

Veteran
Lol, no shit ehh.

I've harvested 5-6 # by myself the last week, and I've still got a tad more. I still refuse to get a machine, I can't stand the damage it does, I thought about the bonsai scissors but I'm worried I won't be able to get the detail I can with my fiskars.

I modified my fiskars with some paper and tape, basically thickened and extended the grips. It made a huge difference in ergonomics, those fiskars are for midget hands.

Harvest looks great btw.

You go through and do a rough trim with the bonsai hero... And then go back and clean up what you left behind with fiskars. This method saves me hours of trimming... And cramped hands.

D

DHF

You go through and do a rough trim with the bonsai hero... And then go back and clean up what you left behind with fiskars. This method saves me hours of trimming... And cramped hands.
You`re givin away ALL the old head secrets Bro.......:moon:........

Bonsai hero ftw before , and fiskars fer dried cleanup and off to market after.......Damn......Did I say that out loud ?......:biggrin:....

Peace.....Freds......:ying:......

TheArchitect

Veteran

It'd make ya head spin how fast I can put fans on the floor with regular scissors, but I don't think I'd mind not getting the cramps.

I thought about the basic trimpro for the rough chop too. It'd be idiot proof to if I had a friend help, I really hate mutilated buds laying on the floor lol.

G

GMax

Lol, no shit ehh.

Harvest looks great btw.

thanks bro..the harvest is looking pretty good, and those SB buds don't really shrink any during the drying process....

I couldn't even imagine harvesting 5-6# by myself.... but I think I hate trimming more than average

I have been hand trimming my whole career with the spring loaded trimming shears from the grow shop...but it starting to become impractical at this point and something has got to give....I could take a slight loss in bag appeal to make the process more simpler..but I am picky about how my buds look so it cant be too bad

thanks for the tip Bobble.. I am definitely looking into the Bonsai hero...how much did you get yours for...? cramped hands isn't an issue for me yet..the majority of the pain is in my back from leaning over to collect leaves...it would really help tremendously if I could lounge and be more relaxed while harvesting and of course speeding up the process would be ideal... I like that bonsai hero, it looks relatively simple to use and would make it faster and probably give you almost equal results to scissors

does everyone else trim as they harvest too..? some are saying they hang it up and then trim, I have done this before and it was a pita to trim up the buds after they leaves were all shriveled and misshapen, it was easier to do it when they are perky and sticking straight out

You`re givin away ALL the old head secrets Bro.......:moon:........

Bonsai hero ftw before , and fiskars fer dried cleanup and off to market after.......Damn......Did I say that out loud ?......:biggrin:....

Peace.....Freds......:ying:......

your advice has gotten me a long way, so no reason to steer away now..

looks like I am definitely getting a bonsai hero... that thing that avinash.miles has posted looks like a dream come true.. probably cost more than my car, but definitely worth it lol

It'd make ya head spin how fast I can put fans on the floor with regular scissors, but I don't think I'd mind not getting the cramps.

I thought about the basic trimpro for the rough chop too. It'd be idiot proof to if I had a friend help, I really hate mutilated buds laying on the floor lol.

I take quick care of the fans too.. I chop a branch, remove the fans, and toss it in the basket for final trimming...once the basket is full, I trim them all up and then hang them

got a couple pounds worth of quality trim.........I wanna weigh it but my scales only go up to 1000g and it overloaded way before I could even close to set it on there all the way...I would guess but I really have no idea... I think I wanna buy me a good set of scales today...one where I could throw the whole harvest on at once and weigh it

I already have a set of bags to make hash with... but only a 5 gallon set and a small hash washing machine...it probably take me 5-6 separate loads to do all that

this just gonna take a little adjustment...harvesting a big crop at once is way different than harvesting 5-6oz on a weekly basis

TheArchitect

Veteran
thanks bro..the harvest is looking pretty good, and those SB buds don't really shrink any during the drying process....

I couldn't even imagine harvesting 5-6# by myself.... but I think I hate trimming more than average

I have been hand trimming my whole career with the spring loaded trimming shears from the grow shop...but it starting to become impractical at this point and something has got to give....I could take a slight loss in bag appeal to make the process more simpler..but I am picky about how my buds look so it cant be too bad

gotta love rock hard nugs:dance013:

yea, it sucked, but a 40 hour week every few months aint so bad lol.

the problem is, the good machines that do the least damage, and best trim, cost serious change.

does everyone else trim as they harvest too..? some are saying they hang it up and then trim, I have done this before and it was a pita to trim up the buds after they leaves were all shriveled and misshapen, it was easier to do it when they are perky and sticking straight out

absolutely, i hate trimming after dry or limp. practically doubles harvest time, for me at least.

I take quick care of the fans too.. I chop a branch, remove the fans, and toss it in the basket for final trimming...once the basket is full, I trim them all up and then hang them

i go one step further and cut almost all the bud leafs in half, usually the front half doesnt have much resin and in makes fine trim easier.

this just gonna take a little adjustment...harvesting a big crop at once is way different than harvesting 5-6oz on a weekly basis

no shit :laughing: (grimaces from hand cramping)

bobblehead

Veteran
thanks for the tip Bobble.. I am definitely looking into the Bonsai hero...how much did you get yours for...? cramped hands isn't an issue for me yet..the majority of the pain is in my back from leaning over to collect leaves...it would really help tremendously if I could lounge and be more relaxed while harvesting and of course speeding up the process would be ideal... I like that bonsai hero, it looks relatively simple to use and would make it faster and probably give you almost equal results to scissors

http://www.bonsaihero.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=2

That's where ya go, I bought the replacement trimmers for $360, and I got my own 12v power supply from china for like $10, cause otherwise the nice people at bonsai hero charge $540 for the trimmers, power supply, and a case. So, buy ur own power supply and a spare lunch box... and pat me on the back for saving you a bunch of money. ;)

I trim as I harvest. It's retarded to hang your plants upside down and trim them like that... imo anyway... I think that's more for the outdoor guys that go big... Gotta harvest everything at once. I'm not about to clutter your thread up with my trimming pics unless you want me to... but it's definitely easier to trim as you go while the leaves are full of water. I have to go back over everything once it's dry and get what I missed, but in non-med markets, the rough trim with the bonsai hero would be sufficient. You can follow the contour of each nugget and get a closer trim w/o mangling the buds like you would with a trim-pro.

G

GMax

gotta love rock hard nugs:dance013:

yea, it sucked, but a 40 hour week every few months aint so bad lol.

the problem is, the good machines that do the least damage, and best trim, cost serious change.

absolutely, i hate trimming after dry or limp. practically doubles harvest time, for me at least.

i go one step further and cut almost all the bud leafs in half, usually the front half doesnt have much resin and in makes fine trim easier.

no shit :laughing: (grimaces from hand cramping)

thanks for the info... I am sure that good trimmers are gonna cost some serious money... but I probably be willing to pay it...trimming is my least favorite part of growing and I am a fan of god investments that pay for themselves in the long run

http://www.bonsaihero.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=2

That's where ya go, I bought the replacement trimmers for $360, and I got my own 12v power supply from china for like $10, cause otherwise the nice people at bonsai hero charge $540 for the trimmers, power supply, and a case. So, buy ur own power supply and a spare lunch box... and pat me on the back for saving you a bunch of money. ;)

I trim as I harvest. It's retarded to hang your plants upside down and trim them like that... imo anyway... I think that's more for the outdoor guys that go big... Gotta harvest everything at once. I'm not about to clutter your thread up with my trimming pics unless you want me to... but it's definitely easier to trim as you go while the leaves are full of water. I have to go back over everything once it's dry and get what I missed, but in non-med markets, the rough trim with the bonsai hero would be sufficient. You can follow the contour of each nugget and get a closer trim w/o mangling the buds like you would with a trim-pro.

thanks for the tips bobble...the Bonsai hero looks right up my alley...looks like it would definitely be quicker and give me bout the same quality as scissors.... if it cut my harvesting time in half then it pays for itself in 1-2 crops

curiosity was killing me.. I didn't wanna spend $100+ on a set of scales that I would only use once a month or so at the moment... but I picked up a pair of 5000g digital kitchen scales from walmart for only $19.99.... I tested them against my other scales and they seem to be on point

I weighed the trimmings and I got 830g of fresh quality trim....

got a few things to do at the grow today...need to get the other WW rez change, cause I still haven't done that...on a positive note, the other WW has went 10days without any human assistance... I have been there because of harvest, but I could have been gone for the last 10 days and no problems would have arose....

and I still need to remove all the roots and stalks and get the first WW all cleaned out and ready to go again

D

DHF

Been screamin fer yrs ta pre-trim plants before ever choppin em....why ?......All leaves are turgid and standin at attention till chopped and hung upside down , and .......

Yet folks still wanna chop plants and either hang em whole in drier environments to prevent premature drying with that hay smell everyone doesn't understand and trim em later........or.....

Take the time to do it after the chop that kills man hrs once everything`s limp and wet......anyways.......

Once I found out first hand that after complete end of stretch I could get rid of everything on a stem , I was relentless and by the time Harvey came around there was minimal bullshit to trim period , so it just made life easier when the time came to chop , hang , and replant in the same day........

That said......Bonsai hero took care of 5-6 lbs in an 8 hr day before leavin and comin back a week later with the fiskars for the finish up......but.....

I left a lotta limbs intact as colas , compared to medville takin everything off the bone so to speak , so it`s all relative in how far yas gotta go for suitable product goin to market to bear the most return on investment......

Got any guesstimates G ?.......I have no clue due to the density of the SB nugs , but I`m pullin fer yas......

Peace....Freds....:ying:.......

G

GMax

Been screamin fer yrs ta pre-trim plants before ever choppin em....why ?......All leaves are turgid and standin at attention till chopped and hung upside down , and .......

Yet folks still wanna chop plants and either hang em whole in drier environments to prevent premature drying with that hay smell everyone doesn't understand and trim em later........or.....

Take the time to do it after the chop that kills man hrs once everything`s limp and wet......anyways.......

Once I found out first hand that after complete end of stretch I could get rid of everything on a stem , I was relentless and by the time Harvey came around there was minimal bullshit to trim period , so it just made life easier when the time came to chop , hang , and replant in the same day........

That said......Bonsai hero took care of 5-6 lbs in an 8 hr day before leavin and comin back a week later with the fiskars for the finish up......but.....

I left a lotta limbs intact as colas , compared to medville takin everything off the bone so to speak , so it`s all relative in how far yas gotta go for suitable product goin to market to bear the most return on investment......

Got any guesstimates G ?.......I have no clue due to the density of the SB nugs , but I`m pullin fer yas......

Peace....Freds....:ying:.......

damn if the bonsai hero can do 5-6# in 8hrs then I am sold... took me longer than that to harvest my crop and I don't think I got tha much :biggrin:

as far as guesstimates... I really don't know...it is hard telling even for me... I am super familiar with the SB, but I have never seen that much of it in my life, so it really hard to tell... I can look at a crop from my old system when it is drying and kinda tell whether it more or less than the week before

I kept the single plant that was in the WW that I took a picture of separate from the rest of the hanging bud, so I could see the potential of a average single plant yield... she look like she got roughly 20g I would say

but like I said 830g of quality trim...there is nothing in that bag that is not at least 30% covered in crystals....hopefully that is a sign of good things to come...my last perpetual crop from the old room was a few grams over 5oz, and the trim from that weighed 115g....

I don't like guessing but... if 5z=115g trim...then 830g of trim=36oz...which would give me a total room yield of 72oz or 1.12gpw

my personal goal is only 24oz.. I have said many times that my old room gives me between 5-6oz everytime...but ever since I upped it to 8 coolers instead of 6, I have only been able to get 6 oz one time (167.7 to be exact) every other crop has been a few grams shy of that mark at least, and here lately it has been more between 5-5.5because I have been only checking on them once a week or so....

so if one WW can yield 24oz, then it is beating my consistently best numbers in my old room and that is a WIN..and I can tell you it looks like it definitely more than that

D

DHF

Bonsai hero rocks with limbs/colas ......not so much with golfballs cuz it takes longer , unless yas keep all foliage taken care of till Harvey.....anyways.....

We`ll getchas there Bro.......just gonna take a few more runs under yer belt........and......

You`re getting there........

Peace....Freds......:ying:........

G

GMax

Bonsai hero rocks with limbs/colas ......not so much with golfballs cuz it takes longer , unless yas keep all foliage taken care of till Harvey.....anyways.....

We`ll getchas there Bro.......just gonna take a few more runs under yer belt........and......

You`re getting there........

Peace....Freds......:ying:........

yeah that is what I am worried about because most of the foliage on the SB that needs trimmed is real closeup also... it not the worst strain to harvest though, my Sensi was pretty leafy, but made for some great hash

a few more runs would definitely help, but it shouldn't take me long to know this system like the back of my hand because it is essentially the same concept as my old one, just on a larger scale...and I have been using those for years....

it has accomplished everything I needed it to so regardless of yield I am happy because it is my first harvest not living there and a the first run of a new system all in one, so bringing in anything is an accomplishment and a big step in the direction I am trying to go ...

either way I probably gonna start getting into some new strains once I have the flip flop WWs..no reason I cant have a strain per room..or wall