What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

uzebekistan... the giant indica!!

EL MACO

Hi Brothers

Look this

UZBECA FRON LA MANO NEGRA

picture.php

EL MACO :tiphat:

Prodigygrower

Veteran
Bodhi has some Uzbek crosses I have his Hollywood pure kush x Uzbek hash plant he also has some remix's of these using the suge knight pure kush , la affy and socal master kush here are some of gu~ pics of his suge pk x uzbek hash plant

Attachments

• Uzbeki4.jpeg
    Uzbeki4.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 90
  • uhash.jpg
    uhash.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 77
  • uhash2.jpg
    uhash2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 83
  • uhash4.jpg
    uhash4.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 76
  • ushash3.jpg
    ushash3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 78

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
hello! i would love to hear more about these landraces that defy what we might think of an indica... flavors, potency, ect..

Actually, you can also look beyond Uzbekistan when it comes to "giant indicas". You can find them in northern afghanistan, other Turkestani countries and northern Pakistan as well were it is not uncommon for plants to reach 3-4 meters height.

Here a rather tiny example of a Pakistani landrace from Yarkhun valley (Chitral region). It's a revegged plant, but due to lack of space in the garden I had to keep her in pot, with a rathr poor result compared to the monster she would have been in plain soil.

picture.php

picture.php

Irie!

Prodigygrower

Veteran
I have some questions about the Uzbekistani hash plant I know it is a land race strain is it a pure indica like bubba kush or the oregon affy clone? Also does it veg as slow as other pure indica's also does it has the amazing knock out potency like bubba la affy and others like it? Last does it dominate in its progeny like bubba ? I dnt know much about the U hash plant i'm not even sure if I should be comparing it to bubba kush and others I have some 91 hollywood pure kush x Uzbekistani hash plant from bodhi. here is the description of the strain I plan on seletiing the best female or females and males and making f2's hopfully using 1 or 2 females and multiple males to keep the gene pool nice and big any way here is the description .

Bodhi Seeds Hollywood Pure Kush x Uzbekistani
Flowering Time: 9 weeks

PRE RELEASE: this is a new variation on the pure kush suge cut x uzbekistani hashplant, using the hollywood pure kush which grows more like an og with a kushy vanilla marshmellow she musk baby powder aroma, very feminine unlike the roasted coffee spice of the suge pk. the effect of the hollywood pk is very deep relaxing wrap around mind body liberator, cerebral and sensual, like being cradled in the perfumed breasts of the canna mother. the uzbekistani is a vigorous, robust, crystal laden pure landrace
totem pole from central asia. with this novel new combination vigor and yeild should be vastly improved, with new terpene accents from the musky fruity uzbek
blending with the sublime rich, emotive pk..... and as a bonus making f2's should unlock a treasure chest of central asian and southern californian cannabis history...... pre release strains have limited testing or are currently in testing to be new lines and are for the super heads that can not wait for the official drop next year. untested pre release, limited packs

Dkgrower

Veteran
I really dont get this BIG indica term u find them all over the himalayas where u have good amount off rain and not to arid. Its in uzbekistan and thu a line that runs east south thu the pamirs down to the lesser himalays, there u find big over 4m indicas with wide leaves, when u hit the lower himalayas u get more semi tropical climate and more sativa "slim" leaves.

idiit

Veteran
hello! i would love to hear more about these landraces that defy what we might think of an indica... flavors, potency, ect..
one promising approach would be to use more discerning terminology re the four major categories of cannabis and hybrids between these categories.

Originally Posted by Owl Mirror View Post
I have a question on the proper identification of this strain.

In Jorge Cervantes book "Marijuana Grow Basics", on page 29, it says there are four variants of marijuana.

Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica, Cannabis ruderalis and, Cannabis afghanica

Should this Mazar I Sharif be regarded as an Indica or an Afghanica ?
The truly funny thing is what we think of and call "Indica" is really C. Afghanica. C. Indica is supposed to refer to Indian cannabis, and the confusion lies in the Hindu Kush mountain range in between the two countries. Kush weed is a hybrid of Afghanica, and Indica through open pollination. Here are the four categories as listed in the book Hemp Diseases and Pests, by McPartland, Clarke, and Watson:
1. Cannabis sativa: over three meters (9ft) tall
2. Cannabis indica: one and a half to three meters (4-9ft) tall
3. Cannabis afghanica: under one and a half meters tall
4. Cannabis ruderalis: half a meter tall and autoflowering.
The afghanica dominant plants are very small, and have fat leaves,fat stems, and have very fat,greasy nuggets. Where as the indica dominant stretch, and has thin leaves,thin stem, small nuggets, and that amazing "Kush" flavor.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=143058 RollmeoneKenobi

i don't know, but it makes sense to me and could enable a better cognitive handle on the subject matter.

Dkgrower

Veteran
Nice input idiit, i agree that many define indica by afghani cultivars and that make alot confusion

Also u do find more afghani looking cultivars growing in high altitudes in india around the 3600 to 4 km mark. Last time i was in india i meet a good old friend that show me some fields above 3600 and they where all very small, fat leaves & stems tho the flavor was quite mixed with many lemon pine more sweet to the mango side and some just very spicey with complex odors....

I think much confusion comes from trying to put so many different cultivars into 1 mega group Cannabis indica.

symbiote420

Veteran
I can't find my SD card for pics but I've grown HoF's Pre'98 Bubba x Uzbeki ......str8 FIRE!!! I have (6) more beans to get to, plus I gave their Cindy 99 x Uzbeki to one of my peeps, dunno whatever happened with those!

It'll be cool if someone f2s those Pure Kush x Uzbeki and sends some in!

yaxu

Veteran
Hi bro! If you look into the spanish forum you´ll see some examples from growers that did it. I grew them indoor and outdoors in 2010/2011. Had some botrytis issues too because the flowers are very dense. Here some bud pics:). You have more into my album.

View Image

View Image

:wave:

Muy hermosa la uzbeka,felicitaciones blanca flor :tiphat:

sativa92

WOW lovely pics everyone!! and i would love to see pics of these other "giant indica from other areas" ive smoked a couple himalayens and they have an energenic high quite cerebral.. isnt that the classic defination of a sativa? anyways just gotta say thanx to everyone for making this an informitive thread..IM here to get schooled so by all means..

Pedro Portugal

After a little researching I've found the thread and some pictures that could be useful for everyone.

According to Alex himself, his Uzbekistan line came from an uzbeki refugee, straight from the mountains as some other lines he had, but it's unlikely that the stories were true.

Ras Pablo, a great spanish grower who grew and reported both varieties, said that Alex line smoked with hash/lemony flavours and earthy without any diesel hints. Good potency and very relaxing. Short flowering and compact growth pattern, very hard plants.

Kaiki's uzbeki line, has a fresh minty flavour (I swear that too, as I've grew the Taskenti a few times and always that amazing freshness in the throat!) with fruity and hashy hints. Super strong effect, great initial high with rushy heart and euphoria, afther that, pure medicinal effect in the body. Too much and totally knocked out! Hard nugs covered in trichomes. Big and late maturing plants.

The pictures are from La Mano Negra's line... thanks and mad respect to Ras Pablo, Pibitodel70, Pebble and all the growers and owners of the pictures.

peace.

I have seen budleafs growing in a Giant indica Ouzbequi from USC. Is this normal? Why this happens? Thanks

Best Vibes

Attachments

• IMG_20200202_015723.jpg
    IMG_20200202_015723.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20200202_015408.jpg
    IMG_20200202_015408.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 54