What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

uzebekistan... the giant indica!!

ngakpa

Veteran
if people are resurrecting this, it's worth noting that Northern Lights found its way into this "Uzbek" somewhere along the line in Spain

I forget the details, but iirc it's mentioned in one of the subforums, if not in the strain descriptions of the seedbanks

funkyhorse

Hi ngakpa
Both Uzbek lines are available commercially. The uzbek offered by USC it seems to be the one from La Mano Negra

And this is the description of Taskenti by Cannabiogen:

A 98% Indica originated in Uzbekistan. Its name comes from one of the best hash in the world, according to experts; a very powerful and resinous strain, of enormous yield, mainly outdoors.
I must say that the Taskenti isn't 100% pure landrace but has a bit of Northern Lights in its genetics, although it's said to be bred to a +98% uzbekistan hashplant.
It has a refined and subtle hashish perfume, a shade between mint and lemon, very intense.

Original latitude and height cultivation conditions have made its acclimatization very simple, similar to Southern Spain Mountains. Nevertheless a meticulous selection and improvement work has been done to fix genetic dominance for the most important aspects, allowing simultaneously diversifying the zones of growing indoors (also hydroponics) and outdoors.

Indoors plants mature in 7-9 weeks, needing a good ventilation and dry atmosphere, mainly in flowering. Vegetative period: Minimum 30 days for high performance

Indoors: 55-65 days
Outdoors: middle October

I hope it helps

Carraxe

Veteran
if people are resurrecting this, it's worth noting that Northern Lights found its way into this "Uzbek" somewhere along the line in Spain

I forget the details, but iirc it's mentioned in one of the subforums, if not in the strain descriptions of the seedbanks

CBG said they used a Sensi's Northern Lights for the first step of the breeding but they backcrossed to the Uzbeks and selected for Uzbek characteristics, so the final result is nothing like a Northern Lights.

I understand that crossing a well known indica strain with a dominant one like the Uzbek can help to show or highlight some features that are naturally hidden in a standard landrace population. The landrace populations are usually quite homogeneous, there is little variation, so it is difficult to select and to choose specimens without making some cross before.

I've grown many CBG Taskentis and I can say that there is no enough NL on them to notice. You can't notice NL on the shape, growth, smell or taste, and the effect is very distinctive.

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
Hi ngakpa
Both Uzbek lines are available commercially. The uzbek offered by USC it seems to be the one from La Mano Negra

[...]

I hope it helps

I would like to note that, while CBG people seem to be very trustworthy in their work method, LMN has worked in deliberate secrecy, and many of his works have obvious genetic additions that weren't explained properly in its time. Now there is no way to get an answer.

I'd choose CBG over LMN no doubt. But I can say I've got some plants that inherited LMN work that rock, and I've had some that don't. Like things described as sativas but with too much obvious indica influence.

Sweet smokes

ngakpa

Veteran
this is the description of Taskenti by Cannabiogen:

A 98% Indica originated in Uzbekistan. Its name comes from one of the best hash in the world, according to experts; a very powerful and resinous strain, of enormous yield, mainly outdoors.
I must say that the Taskenti isn't 100% pure landrace but has a bit of Northern Lights in its genetics, although it's said to be bred to a +98% uzbekistan hashplant.

it's good that CBG is being transparent about this

ngakpa

Veteran
CBG said they used a Sensi's Northern Lights for the first step of the breeding but they backcrossed to the Uzbeks and selected for Uzbek characteristics, so the final result is nothing like a Northern Lights.

I understand that crossing a well known indica strain with a dominant one like the Uzbek can help to show or highlight some features that are naturally hidden in a standard landrace population. The landrace populations are usually quite homogeneous, there is little variation, so it is difficult to select and to choose specimens without making some cross before.

I've grown many CBG Taskentis and I can say that there is no enough NL on them to notice. You can't notice NL on the shape, growth, smell or taste, and the effect is very distinctive.

Sweet smokes

hi -

ok, but it's not about whether the landrace has become like Northern Lights, it's simply about transparency

Re. "landrace populations are usually quite homogeneous"...

in terms of morphology and chemotype, first-generation landraces are very seldom homogeneous... there's usually substantial variation of morphology, potency, aroma, finishing time etc. within the population of single landrace

that said, friends of mine have worked with landraces that have come via breeders and those have been pretty homogenous. That's most likely because of starting with a small number of plants and inbreeding.

Carraxe

Veteran
hi -

ok, but it's not about whether the landrace has become like Northern Lights, it's simply about transparency

Re. "landrace populations are usually quite homogeneous"...

in terms of morphology and chemotype, first-generation landraces are very seldom homogeneous... there's usually substantial variation of morphology, potency, aroma, finishing time etc. within the population of single landrace

that said, friends of mine have worked with landraces that have come via breeders and those have been pretty homogenous. That's most likely because of starting with a small number of plants and inbreeding.

That's your opinion. My experience is different, and I've grown quite a lot of landraces. If there was that substantial variation between specimens in a landrace, it would be quite easy to select individuals. But it is not, that's why it is much easier to mix with something else and make F1 and F2 to check and select the interesting characteristics.

JayWilly

Csi humboldt now carries the pure

uzebekistan strain in regular seed form .​

Uzbekistani IBL

This pure Uzbekistani inbred line is a collaboration release with Cannabiogen that was facilitated by our good friend Bodhi. A portion of the proceeds from the sales of these seeds will go to Charlie Garcia & Cannabiogen.

These seeds were produced with an open pollination of roughly 150 plants to keep the integrity of the line intact for the next generation

Attachments

• received_626488562465884.jpeg
    received_626488562465884.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 102

brightfruit

Awesome! Was generously given these as freebies in my order of Deep Chunk! Running these this year to hybridize with Deep Chunk. Need to look into the line a little bit, but sounds great! Glad I found this thread!
Sounds great! Really interested in both those lines - please post about it if you can!
Did you find any info on flowering times for the Uzbekistani? From what I gather it's really tough and hardy

revegeta666

A portion of the proceeds from the sales of these seeds will go to Charlie Garcia & Cannabiogen.

-- edited out --

Never grew anything from CSI but this phrase alone has made me a fan and I will definitely be buying a few things from them if I can find them in my country. Sounds like the kind of people I like to support. Well done CSI 👍

Last edited:

PlasmaTube

Awesome! Was generously given these as freebies in my order of Deep Chunk! Running these this year to hybridize with Deep Chunk. Need to look into the line a little bit, but sounds great! Glad I found this thread!
8 months later. Did you end up growing the Uzbekistani? Did you make seeds like you planned? Thanks, man!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants that weren't mutated ended up being male. It seems to be a little bit of inbreeding depression, but there are some strong indica dominant plants in the line.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I never got to finish them, but I grew a few of the pure Uzbeki line back in 2019.
Red/magenta tap roots upon germination.
More vigorous than I expected and more stable, less runts than PTK. I was really hoping to make F2's and outcross with South Fork Kush

I got some more beans of the pure line.
Eventually I'll do selections while also crossing with PCK and GDP. I'd like to get True Gangster Kush from Snow

As far as I was told, CBG had pure Uzbeki but kept it close. They used that pure line and NL to make Taskenti. A few people were calling Taskenti pure Uzbeki and distributing it as 'Uzbeki' and that's when that all got confused.
The American breeders got the pure Uzbeki, though. And Im glad. Im not really a fan of NL. I love the Hawaiian in NL5 and the Hindu in NL2. But its hard to find a good Afghan. I think Paktika was better than the Affies in NL.

CannaZen

its hard to find a good Afghan. I think Paktika was better than the Affies in NL.
i wasnt too impressed with the afghan ryder from wos but the pakistan nailed it.. well i suppose it did have good traits somebody selected for that i wish to incorporate like apical seed from the tip of the cola. so.. i guess it depends? if its strictly homogenous. like they do a good job although someone somewhere let some hermi traits in the pakik line either them or the short stuff side of the line. who knows maybe it was the vision lowryder that hermied it could had polinated a seed or two that i germinated. preflowers male whilst female flowers in seeds of the sativa looking cultivar of the paki ryder. to be fair i hadnt given the afghan a chance like putting them in the ground to see their full range of expression. so, what im saying is. what do you look for in 'good afghan'?

Last edited: