What's new

Using PH down consistently

St3ve

Sulfuric acid = battery acid = drain cleaner.

I'm judging sulfuric acid by it's toxicity. Splash a little in your eyes and your blind.

and phosphoric acid and citric acid are used for rust removal will also not feel good against the skin or eyes. Yes its a strong acid.. which is why it works better. Just because you have to use less of it compared to phosphoric acid doesn't automatically mean it will make your buds taste bad.

As they say.. don't knock it till you try it brother.
:peacock:

What makes you think I haven't tried being a hydro grower?? Phosphoric acid sucks too for the reasons Yosemite Sam mentioned.

Chemical grown hydro weed always tastes like shit. But at the end of the day I guess it works well for me cuz my shit never sits around very long.

It's sad when I see people who are in very grave health that have to smoke unhealthy chemical grown weed.

Maybe I'm an asshole... but to grow high quality cannabis toxic substances should not be used.

dpfour20

Bubbling your water or nute mix will cause the pH to rise. You are stripping out the dissolved CO2 when bubbling, which removes carbonic acid.
The same thing happens in a hot tub. Aeration will always raise the pH.

It's not worth bubbling water for soil, by the time it reaches the roots 90%+ is gone

It's also the cause of your high pH, my tap water is around 7, when I bubble it prior to drip feeding coco it's over 8, leave it to stand for 2 hrs and it's 7.2, as long as it's being bubbled the pH is high

Having said that my rez is full of micro bubblers, but once the nutes are added and pH adjusted it stays there for around 36 hrs, so for coco it's fine

There is no point to air entrainment for soil, in fact it may alter the solubility of your nutes

I am not bubbling the nute mix, or the water as I am feeding. I am just bubbling the water for 24hrs (at least) prior. My water here is treated with chloramine so I am just evaporating that.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
water alkalinity

what's your PPM in tap

it's plain and simple why I use R/O and I suggest every grower to, so we are all using a base to start off on

St3ve

What makes you think I haven't tried being a hydro grower?? Phosphoric acid sucks too for the reasons Yosemite Sam mentioned.

Chemical grown hydro weed always tastes like shit. But at the end of the day I guess it works well for me cuz my shit never sits around very long.

It's sad when I see people who are in very grave health that have to smoke unhealthy chemical grown weed.

Maybe I'm an asshole... but to grow high quality cannabis toxic substances should not be used.

I didn't mean growing hydro, I meant using sulfuric acid.

and I don't think you are an asshole at all.. just someone who may not fully understand the chemistry.

ijim

Pour your tap water into jugs or containers 24 hours before you use it. Let the chlorine and other chemicals gas off. Them adjust your PH.

dpfour20

water alkalinity

what's your PPM in tap

it's plain and simple why I use R/O and I suggest every grower to, so we are all using a base to start off on

my tds meter will be tomorrow. R/O isnt really an option for the forseeable future

Pour your tap water into jugs or containers 24 hours before you use it. Let the chlorine and other chemicals gas off. Them adjust your PH.

read the thread lol. i already do that.

dp420, Chloramine will not bubble off. It stays in the water after bubbling. Something organic has to be added to the water so the chloramine can have something to attack and then die in the process. Or you need to use an R/O filter.

Steve- I'm done man. You like to grow with sulfuric acid and I do not.

Y

YosemiteSam

I didn't mean growing hydro, I meant using sulfuric acid.

and I don't think you are an asshole at all.. just someone who may not fully understand the chemistry.

Please do enlighten us with the chemistry. Reaction formulas would be nice.

The plant uses SO4 to form terpines and such...it is an essential element. And the H is what helps to control pH (potential hydrogen). Do tell, in scientific terms not just oh my god its used for battery acid, why providing two elements that are actually needed from sulfuric acid is such a bad thing.

Y

YosemiteSam

If you use a medium with a cec you can simply replace some of the NO3 with NH4...then the nitrification process frees H and offsets the carbonate. Takes some tinkering but once it is done your life gets seriously simpler.

St3ve

Please do enlighten us with the chemistry. Reaction formulas would be nice.

The plant uses SO4 to form terpines and such...it is an essential element. And the H is what helps to control pH (potential hydrogen). Do tell, in scientific terms not just oh my god its used for battery acid, why providing two elements that are actually needed from sulfuric acid is such a bad thing.

You don't have to be a smart ass.. anyway though.. I'm trying to make the same point you are.

dpfour20

ppm seems to be 60 outta the tap. Gonna look into how to get the chloramine outta my water, since i assume its not helping anything?

dpfour20

How bad is chloramine for my plants? If I am not growing organic and dont have to worry about killing anything in the soil, will chloramine kill my plants?

dpfour20

sorry to post 3 times in a row, I dont see a way to edit my posts. If i use ascorbic acid (vitamin c) it will lower my pH and kill the chloramine if I am understanding this correctly. So that could be problem solved.