What's new

using Magnets on your plants

DrFever

Veteran
Hey guys will post some pics up tonight ???? here are some that i took recently all is well there starting day 13 flower notice the 7 bladed leafs that is interesting

Attachments

• DSCF2792.jpg
    DSCF2792.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF2788.jpg
    DSCF2788.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 18

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats an interesting article mex , anyone have acess to the full text ?

Good info can be found in the two free pages , and shows the standards for experiment and control required , every factor quantified and repeatable by others.

The difference in results with this type of experiment is small , and haveing an accurate control is critical.

atarijedi

There is a ridiculously large amount of non-sense and misinformation going on in this thread. Yes, everyone has their right to an opinion, but not everyone has a right to have their opinion taken seriously.

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts." -- Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Some second thoughts:

Earths magnetic field lets plants know where to shoot their roots! the geomagnetic pull of earth ensures roots grow down and the plant shoots up regardless of the seeds orientation. this research was done by NASA.

This is wrong. Plants grow based on Light and Gravity, it is called Phototropism and Gravitropism, respectively.

Plants know to grow downwards and upwards because they are growing with or against gravity. It has nothing to do with Earths magnetic field.

Something similar happens when growing towards the sun. Light hitting the plant causes an increase in Auxin slowing down the growth in that area, since the other side of the plant will be growing more, the plant will tilt towards the sun and the amount of Auxin creation will balance out. It is a continuous cycle.

It doesn't magnetise the water, but apparenty restructures the water itself, as the clumps of H2O molecules are broken up, which makes it much more available for plants and micros.

Water has a neutral charge, and your magnets aren't restructuring water. H2O isn't "clumping" up.

Its primary function will be to catch tiny flakes of rust from corrodeing supply pipes so they dont block the spray nozzles.

Your typical iron/steel based rust is not really magnetic. It is no longer a ferromagnet because the iron atoms are separated by oxygen atoms. There is no kind of magnet you will be using in your home that will effect rust.

I get alot of my aero sprayers and some of my other equipment from Dripworks. They have a water softener that is a magnet. It essentially sits like a horseshoe on your main coming in. It picks up all the magnetic metals, which usually harden the water.
Is this what you are talking about? It will affect [although not change?] the polarity of the water by chemical reduction.

Hard water comes from compounds dissolved into water, things like Calcium Carbonate/Bicarbonate, Dolomite, and certain Sulfates and Chlorides. None of these are magnetic. Iron rust isn't really magnetic either. Any sort of magnetic water softener is a scam. The charge of the molecule, comes from the charge of the atoms, and its polarity also stems from this as well as the electronegativity of the molecule.

i wonder if placing a circle magnets around the main stem it would align the electrons. Similar to placing the circle magnets on electrical wires for electronics. I believe they are circle for a reason, if so, are the north an south poles near each other?? or are the poles top an bottom. where the north an south poles are could be a critical factor in all of these experiments.

i also wonder if the magnet would stop certain electron flow an hold those nutrients ( iron or magnesium ) near the magnet, an not let them get released to the plant. as the magnet could overpower the plants ability to make nutrients mobile.

The "circle magnets" on electronics aren't magnets. They are called ferrite torroids or ferrite beads, they are there to absorb electrical noise. Also, a static magnet will not effect electron flow.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now for some facts:

Paramagnetism and Ferromagnetism are not the opposite of each other, they are explaining completely different processes. Paramagnetism is the opposite of Diamagnetism. Paramagnetic materials are those which become magnetic, and develop an opposing pole so they are attracted, when placed near a magnetic field, and for the most part, you need an extremely strong magnetic field to do this, something most people will never, ever, see outside of a University or Government lab. Diamagnetic materials are those which develop a "like" pole, and are thus repelled by a magnetic field. Again, you need a very strong magnetic field to do this.

Ferromagnetic is a material that is magnetic due to its Iron chemistry.

Water is diamagnetic, it is not paramagnetic, nor is it ferromagnetic.

Water cannot be magnetized. Magnetization is when you apply a magnetic field to a material and that material becomes magnetic and generates a magnetic field after the original field has been removed. Water is a electrically and magnetically neutral molecule.

"Paramagnetic rock dust" and "Paramagnetic soil" make no sense and is sales gimmick/scam. There are most likely ferromagnetic materials in the dust/soil, I would also bet that there are dry nutrients in the dust/soil.

atarijedi

I am assuming you are not a native english speaker or are very high, but still, you sure do take a condescending tone for someone who doesn't seem to really know what they are talking about.

Ok this has just got to be said as well hopefully it will sink into that so called brain you might have what does our Magnetic poles actually do ???? could we as humans survive without magnetics Answer is NO
Our magnetic poles don't "do" anything. They aren't supposed to "do" anything, they are just the result of a physical phenomenon. Can humans survive without magnetics? As a tool, probabably. But not without Earths magnetic field, which is what I assume you were talking about in your opening statement.

Things aren't always what they seem to be.
Water is a fluid, and it's wet. That's how we experience it, from a human point of view. But when looking closely, we can see now that water is made of pretty solid atoms, and these atoms aren't wet. We usually don't know about the details, we only experience the group effect, how zillions of details act together.
We see hot and cold as opposites, but there is no cold really. If something has a temperature, it's always a positive value. And deeper; we call the average effect of many vibrating atoms "temperature". Temperature is not a primary basic element, it's yet another "illusion".
Light is invisible. It's the collision of light on your nerves that you can sense. The world we live in is, from a detail point of view, founded on illusions, seeing group effects and almost blind to the details that really make our word.
Water is indeed a fluid, although it can also be a gas, which we call steam, and a solid, which we call ice. When you look at the molecule of water, and its atoms, it isn't pretty solid, in fact, 99% of an atom is empty space. Most of your water paragraph is nonsensical jargon, each individual piece might be true, but what is the purpose of saying it? It doesn't make any sense in response to what Robert Fortune said.

So, how about gravity? Very large amounts of atoms together, like the Earth, have a gravitational field, a relative weak force, that attracts the mass of other atoms. But what is really going on?

Complex things are a collection, made of a larger number of less complex things. Gravity as we know it, is probably a complex thing, no primary basic element. To learn more about gravity, we have to forget what we know from daily life, and zoom in on the situation. Force might be a primary basic element, but there's probably no "magnetic force" and "gravity force". When a yellow car hits a wall, there is force, but not "yellow car force".
You wonder what is really going on with gravity. Gravity as we know it now is the warping of the space-time "fabric" due to mass. There are the 4 fundamental forces or interactions. The Weak and Strong Nuclear Forces, the Electro-magnetic Force, and Gravity. I'm not sure what your "yellow car" analogy is supposed to be explaining.

Energy level
A tree letting go of an apple; the apple accelerates to the Earth.
To accelerate an apple in space with a rocket costs energy. Does the Earth's gravitational field generate energy out of nothing? I don't think so. I think an apple closer to the ground contains less energy than an apple in a tree. The amount of energy that can come from dropping it is equal to the loss of energy. Similar to atoms coming together in a chemical reaction, making molecules and releasing energy.
The Earths gravitational field is created by its mass. That said, I don't see how this paragraph relates to anything R. Fortune said either, again, what is the point?

Straight through mass
The force fields of gravity and magnetism can go straight through us, with only a little effect. Makes me wonder what more can go straight through us. Are there things that can go through us without any effect? If there are, it is impossible to sense them. Smart people concluded that atoms in our body are mostly "empty" space, leaving lots of room for stuff to travel through us, with no or hardly any interaction.
This is very true, neutrinos, cosmic rays, are both things that can pass through us. Still, what is the point of using this in an argument against what R. Fortune said?

I'm not going to mention anything about your point by point on Gravity, Magnetism or Superconducting, because they are for the most part right, except to say that Gravity itself cannot bend light, it can only bend the space through which the light is passing. From the lights point of view (reference point), it is still going straight.

we couldn;t so what does magnetics really do well with out magnetics Birds and other species wouldn;t know where to go as well as Airplanes GPS the list goes on right the poles help reflect radiation away from us or we would all be dead magnetism is allot more indepth then what some people might think
The birds that do use magneto-direction finding would adapt, as would other species. GPS doesn't need the magnetic poles in order to determine positioning data. The Poles do not reflect radiation away from the planet. It is the magnetic fields themselves that do it. In fact the poles have very little magnetic protection in contrast to the equatorial regions.

Why is it no matter how to plant a seed the roots will always GO DOWN why is that ??? could it be magnetism in the earths core ?????
you got to realize as well no matter what they will still grow .
Roots go down because of gravitropism, aka plants work with the force of gravity. They also work against gravity to shoot upwards, wherein Phototropism takes over, and they grow towards light. This is all very well known botanical science.

A lot of what you said just seems like empty rhetoric and has no reason to be there, you aren't explaining anything pertinent, and you aren't arguing why you think Robert Fortune is wrong.

The only thing your comment should say is how an extremely low power magnet, like the ones you are using, is going to effect the plants. I mean, even research scientists come up with a hypothesis before even thinking about creating a test.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a ridiculously large amount of non-sense and misinformation going on in this thread. Yes, everyone has their right to an opinion, but not everyone has a right to have their opinion taken seriously.

This is wrong. Plants grow based on Light and Gravity, it is called Phototropism and Gravitropism, respectively.

Plants know to grow downwards and upwards because they are growing with or against gravity. It has nothing to do with Earths magnetic field.

Something similar happens when growing towards the sun. Light hitting the plant causes an increase in Auxin slowing down the growth in that area, since the other side of the plant will be growing more, the plant will tilt towards the sun and the amount of Auxin creation will balance out. It is a continuous cycle.

Water has a neutral charge, and your magnets aren't restructuring water. H2O isn't "clumping" up.

Your typical iron/steel based rust is not really magnetic. It is no longer a ferromagnet because the iron atoms are separated by oxygen atoms. There is no kind of magnet you will be using in your home that will effect rust.

Hard water comes from compounds dissolved into water, things like Calcium Carbonate/Bicarbonate, Dolomite, and certain Sulfates and Chlorides. None of these are magnetic. Iron rust isn't really magnetic either. Any sort of magnetic water softener is a scam. The charge of the molecule, comes from the charge of the atoms, and its polarity also stems from this as well as the electronegativity of the molecule.

The "circle magnets" on electronics aren't magnets. They are called ferrite torroids or ferrite beads, they are there to absorb electrical noise. Also, a static magnet will not effect electron flow.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now for some facts:

Paramagnetism and Ferromagnetism are not the opposite of each other, they are explaining completely different processes. Paramagnetism is the opposite of Diamagnetism. Paramagnetic materials are those which become magnetic, and develop an opposing pole so they are attracted, when placed near a magnetic field, and for the most part, you need an extremely strong magnetic field to do this, something most people will never, ever, see outside of a University or Government lab. Diamagnetic materials are those which develop a "like" pole, and are thus repelled by a magnetic field. Again, you need a very strong magnetic field to do this.

Ferromagnetic is a material that is magnetic due to its Iron chemistry.

Water is diamagnetic, it is not paramagnetic, nor is it ferromagnetic.

Water cannot be magnetized. Magnetization is when you apply a magnetic field to a material and that material becomes magnetic and generates a magnetic field after the original field has been removed. Water is a electrically and magnetically neutral molecule.

"Paramagnetic rock dust" and "Paramagnetic soil" make no sense and is sales gimmick/scam. There are most likely ferromagnetic materials in the dust/soil, I would also bet that there are dry nutrients in the dust/soil.

True, pure water carries no charge, but what about the nutrients/minerals?

JVonChron

Sorry to be a bit off topic but If magnets are interesting to you, you ought to look up ed Leedskalnin/coral castle. The guy supposedly cured his tuberculosis with magnets. Then started moving monoliths with some crazy machine, that was supposedly based on this other invention of his that is like a magnetic wormhole wheel/engine that runs perpetually once started.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran

True.

Most local farms store water in ageing galvanised tanks erected in the 50,s and use older spray rigs , the magnet traps the odd mm long metalic shard that still has a dipole that got through the filters , that could block a fine jet , Hardi added them locally FOC and they work.

Cannot condition or permanently effect the water or its dissolved salts in any way with a brief weak permanent mag field , yet they continue to be profittably sold.

This is the true measure of this forum and am also curious as to SEEING the results so far.

Have A Great Day
Mr Wags

It's been a few pages without seeing them together properly too bad there weren't two or more of each and a couple of controls for a better test. I got one plant that is much bigger than it's clone twin with the same of everything but it is much bigger for some reason.

Very interested in seeing some pictures and measurements.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I don't know about any of this, but according to The Insane Clown Posse magnets work because they are a miracle, so I bet it could work

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Well there intuition and then there's results. The guy making milk kefir clearly shows great results using strong magnets (I mentioned in this thread). He has no stake in making money with this either. Not saying it will work on plants. I've been a doubting Thomas most of my life mainly because I need to SEE PROOF of results. I will try this sooner or later, most likely not until next year as I have a bunch of other A-B comparisons to make.

If it does work my eyes will light up just as much as atarijedi's I suppose...

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
my post was a joke

as is ICP

"Miracles"

If magic is all we've ever known
Then it's easy to miss what really goes on
But I've seen miracles in every way
And I see miracles everyday
Oceans spanning beyond my sight
And a million stars way above em at night
We don't have to be high to look in the sky
And know that's a miracle opened wide
Look at the mountains, trees, the seven seas
And everything chilling underwater, please
Hot lava, snow, rain and fog
Long neck giraffes, and pet cats and dogs
And I've seen eighty-five thousand people
All in one room, together as equals
Pure magic is the birth of my kids
I've seen shit that'll shock your eyelids
The sun and the moon, and even Mars
The Milky Way and fucking shooting stars
UFOs, a river flows
Plant a little seed and nature grows
Niagara falls and the pyramids
Everything you believed in as kids
Fucking rainbows after it rains
There's enough miracles here to blow your brains
I fed a fish to a pelican at Frisco bay
It tried to eat my cell phone, he ran away
And music is magic, pure and clean
You can feel it and hear it but it can't be seen

Music is all magic
(Are you a firm believer in miracles)
You can't even hold it
(Do you notice and recognize miracles)
It's just there in the air
Pure motherfucking magic
Right?
This shit'll blow your fucking mind

Music is a lot like love, it's all a feeling
And it fills the room, from the floor to the ceiling
I see miracles all around me
Stop and look around, it's all astounding
Water, fire, air and dirt
Fucking magnets, how do they work?
And I don't wanna talk to a scientist
Y'all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed
Solar eclipse, and vicious weather
Fifteen thousand Juggalos together
And I love my mom for giving me this
Time on this planet, taking nothing for granted
I seen a caterpillar turn into a butterfly
Miracles ain't nothing to lie
Shaggy's little boys look just like Shaggy
And my little boy looks just like daddy
Miracles each and every where you look
And nobody has to stay where they put
This world is yours for you to explore
There's nothing but miracles beyond your door
The Dark Carnival is your invitation
To witness them without explanation
Take a look at this fine creation
And enjoy it better with appreciation
Crows, ghosts, the midnight coast
The wonders of the world, mysteries the most
Just open your mind, and it ain't no way
To ignore the miracles of every day

Magic everywhere in this bitch
It's all around you, you don't even know it
Magic everywhere in this bitch
Shit's crazy
(Do you notice and recognize miracles,
So many miracles, the magic miracles)

Are you a firm believer in miracles
Do you have time for the miracles
Do you notice and recognize miracles
So many miracles, the magic miracles

midgets of the mind

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
AtariJedi - I love you so much right now for refuting this absolutely baseless thread... (at least I should say from a scientific aspect)

:respect:

I gave up many pages back...

dank.Frank