What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

USING LEMON JUICE TO MAKE CANNABIS STRONGER!

G

SL you know more about it than I bro as I've never delved into the subject,didn't mean to make light of it but have you ever ate a raw bud?I haven't and probably never will even with lemon juice,sounds nastified.

well I just picked up about it a couple of times but never delved into it so I don't know :smoke:
No I've never eaten raw bud but if it's safe I'll try some time

Last edited:

Ohh.Word

CC Rider said:
i know for sure if you put lemon juice of magic mushies there a whole lot stronger!

This is TRUE...

REASON: Psylocibin begins converting into Psylocin in the cup of juice if you let it sit for 10-15 mins...

It "pre-digests" it (partially) so the psylocin is more easily absorbed.. (Harder trip, Shorter duration)

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I thought about it for a day, I can not imagine any circumstance where I would want to soak my herb in lemon juice. If I want it stronger, I will let it mature an extra week or three. Has anyone done and smoked the results? What does the lemon residue taste like when smoked? Is this just for crappy weed? How much does this effect show up in the stone, can you tell it is dramatically improved?
H

G

Grasso

Hello,

the oxide of THC is cannabinol, short CBN. CBD is the major cannabinoid of fiber hemp while THC is the one of drug hemp. THCA in my understanding is an acid of THC, for instance THC-carbonate. An enzyme is a protein, a molecule which is hundred or thousand times bigger than THC. Enzymes catalyse chemical reactions, for instance a certain kind of enzyme produces THC from precursors. Each enzyme molecule works on one THC molecule at a time. In a live resin gland there are many times more THC molecules than THC-making enzymes. In an amber resin gland enzymes have stopped working, the gland is dead. Most proteines denaturate when drying. Only mosses manage to get back to life after complete de-hydration.

I read that poppy juice is easier to swallow and more potent when taken along with a grapefruit. I once thought that I had mastered the making of weed butter but lately a batch went bad because I could not seperate the fat from the water and the water started to stink like a Tapir hole after two days (without a fridge). I tried to sterilize the next batch but the glass jar swimming in boiling water exploded. So much for standardized industrial procedures...

Uli

Last edited:

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
unless you are killing that bowl with the lighter you dont burn up that much THC, most of it really is just vaporized since it burns at a hotter temp than the material and the low pressure lowers the bp of everything in the bowl so it vapes even easier due to you sucking on the piece (creating the low pressure in the pipe)

and like i've been sayin, THCA turns into THC when its heated....so i would only attempt this if eating but i dont believe you can beat a good batch of brownies...

poppies and grapefruit is due to an enzyme in the grapefruit juice which stops production of an enzyme in the liver which breaks down the opiates so thats why grapefruit potentiates it.

oh and i had heard as well that the trichomes are what cuts up your mouth but THC inducing the burning effect is just as possible...and it would help to explain why sticky buds burn way more than schwag...

Last edited:
T

Truthman

Sheriff Bart said:
unless you are killing that bowl with the lighter you dont burn up that much THC, most of it really is just vaporized since it burns at a hotter temp than the material and the low pressure lowers the bp of everything in the bowl so it vapes even easier due to you sucking on the piece (creating the low pressure in the pipe)

and like i've been sayin, THCA turns into THC when its heated....so i would only attempt this if eating but i dont believe you can beat a good batch of brownies...

I don't think this is true because if thca was converted just with smoking and thc is left behind, why in a vaporizer study they showed that thca was vaporized along with thc.

Sam Skunkman can go more into this because he talked about it in one thread but I forgot which one it was.

Also, like I said this works but since I can't make pictures and show exactly how its done, I can't guarantee everyone will get the same significant results.

Also, the lemon isn't overpowering in the taste, if at all, if its done right which isn't hard. The vinegar will leave very little to no taste also if rinsed like I stated.

I can't go into exactly why this works because there will be someone saying I'm wrong and I don't want to debate what I know works. I can theorize all day but it proves nothing.

The baking method changes the cannabis and makes it more potent in its effects and changes the high depending on how you play with the temperatures and oxygen level and YES dried herb does the same things when rehydrated so saying the enzymes are denatures and "dead" when the plant dries is maybe wrong from my findings. Who knows?.

Something is going on that we don't know yet at least can't prove BUT these two methods make the herb more POTENT as far as its effects, I don't know about cannabinoid levels.

The only thing I can compare to the lemon juice, vinegar method is ceviche. The only thing I can compare the baking method is a steam pressured(pressure cooker) ginseng which has been shown to make new compounds in the ginger as well as make it 32x more effective.

The steam pressure method is different from the baking method because the steam pressure used a ginseng root which is whole, which means its hard for air to get in, and the temperature is 248f with moist air.

You can do this if you have a pressure cooker with cannabis or hash BUT you have to vacuum the air out of a bag filled with cannabis and just put it in a pressure cooker with 15psi so the temperature can be 250f and do it just like the article stated.

When you vaporize or smoke this herb it WILL be so much better than the herb prior to the process.

If anyone wants to see for themselves, the info is here for you. I knew about this years ago but I just thought about it again watching a cooking show and thought I would pass it along.

I'm out. Peace.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/11/001130074250.htm

Report Says Hot Steam Dramatically Increases Ginseng's Potency

Steaming ginseng at higher temperatures can boost its potency dramatically, according to research reported in the current (November 21) issue of the Journal of Natural Products, a peer-reviewed journal of the American Chemical Society, the world's largest scientific society.

Ginseng root has been used mostly in Asian cultures for centuries to enhance physical and mental vitality. The nutritional supplement in recent years has become widely available in world markets - either dried, or steamed at standard boiling temperatures of 100 degrees Celsius (212 Fahrenheit) - for use as an antioxidant and blood thinner.

Steaming for approximately three hours at 120 degrees Celsius (248 Fahrenheit) can multiply the herb's antioxidant qualities by eight times and its ability to relax blood vessels by up to 32 times, according to researcher Jeong Hill Park of Seoul National University in Korea.

The hotter steam produced an optimal amount of biological activity from the same ginseng used in normal supplements, Park found. The higher temperature amplifies certain ginsenosides - the ingredient believed responsible for ginseng's sought-after qualities - and generates others not normally found in dried versions of the root, Park said.

"This very simple steaming can significantly increase the biological activities of ginseng," Park said. "I believe we can develop more potent health foods or related products using this process."

Such high temperature steaming would be part of the manufacturing process of "sun ginseng," named after the dark purple color achieved from the heat, Park said. The additional heating above normal boiling temperature requires applying pressure to the water. This cannot be done without special equipment, he said.

Ginseng steamed at boiling temperatures is known as "red ginseng" because of the coloration it assumes.

Park reported no negative side effects from the higher concentration levels produced by the hotter steaming. As a food supplement, ginseng does not require extensive clinical trials in the United States. But those taking anti-inflammatory or blood thinning drugs should be alert to possible interactions, according to health sources.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Why do you need to make Cannabis stronger? Just smoke another bowl.
Lemons never made my Cannabis seem stronger....
-SamS

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
^^ i agree sounds retarded man...and anyone who tries it will wind up with len juiced moldy nasty wet crap

T

Truthman

Sam_Skunkman said:
Why do you need to make Cannabis stronger? Just smoke another bowl.
Lemons never made my Cannabis seem stronger....
-SamS

If you never tried my method how can you say it doesn't make it stronger?.

CRAZY!.

T

Truthman

FRANKENBLUNT420 said:
it may be viable on paper, but it just sounds stupid. lemon juice? c'mon man!

Smoking weed sounds stupid but we know it works.

I didn't find this out from reading a study or report, it was from reading AND epxerience.

How can you be so adamant about something you know nothing about?.

T

Truthman

nycdfan042 said:
^^ i agree sounds retarded man...and anyone who tries it will wind up with len juiced moldy nasty wet crap

NO you won't because if you follow what I stated mold doesn't come about especially if you do it within a few hours.

KNOW what you're talking about before you make judgments BUT if you want to think you know everything do your thing but it most likely won't be reality because if your doing what most people who are involved with cannabis are doing as far as growing and processing cannabis then it won't be as near as potent as it can be.

This applies to you even if you get your knowledge from the "leaders" of the cannabis community because even though they have learned a lot that has helped us along, their egos have stopped them from going even further and this thread is one of the examples. Peace.

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Dude you sound like you got poopie diapers cause Sam didnt come in to back your extraordinary claim of lemon juice making weed stronger. You also dont got much science to back any of your claims either. Your analogy to the process being the same as what happens with fish is rather humorous considering the two materials are as different as night and day. Thats why fish eat food and crap and plants eat crap and make food, not to mention how they exchange oxygen and carbon.

So please excuse everyone when you sound like the rest of the 60's freeks telling us to dry banana peels and smoke them. Youre going to need more than fish analogies to prove the science your claiming but instead of offering it your content with calling us ego filled fools.

If your half as committed to seeing if what your saying has any kind of truth to it as you are to calling your peer community fools then why dont you at least try to apply some real science to it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_blind

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
what i have seen people doing with lemon juice and cannabis is the following: when a piece of colombian pressed bud goes dry and old, people make a strong lemonade, mind you, here lemon is actually what in other parts is called lime, lemon here is the greener more acidic one of the two. and people claim to 'cure it and save it'.
many years ago i got a nicely cut square piece of about 150grs of colombian pressed that went through the lemonade process. what they did was quickly submerge the whole piece without uncompressing it into a bowl with the lemonade, then take it out and leave it to dry in a well ventilated place. then it went into the refrigerator. i smoked some of it, it was very stoney effect, not much high to it if you know what i mean. i dunno about anything else though.
paz

T

Truthman

PazVerdeRadical said:
what i have seen people doing with lemon juice and cannabis is the following: when a piece of colombian pressed bud goes dry and old, people make a strong lemonade, mind you, here lemon is actually what in other parts is called lime, lemon here is the greener more acidic one of the two. and people claim to 'cure it and save it'.
many years ago i got a nicely cut square piece of about 150grs of colombian pressed that went through the lemonade process. what they did was quickly submerge the whole piece without uncompressing it into a bowl with the lemonade, then take it out and leave it to dry in a well ventilated place. then it went into the refrigerator. i smoked some of it, it was very stoney effect, not much high to it if you know what i mean. i dunno about anything else though.
paz

Thanks for adding some information into this thread instead of talking without experience like the others!.

It's glad to know I'm not the only one, besides the person who came up with the idea of using lemon juice to cook with herb, who has used acids to cure herb even though we have done it in different ways.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR STORY!. Peace.

T

Truthman

Verite said:
Dude you sound like you got poopie diapers cause Sam didnt come in to back your extraordinary claim of lemon juice making weed stronger. You also dont got much science to back any of your claims either. Your analogy to the process being the same as what happens with fish is rather humorous considering the two materials are as different as night and day. Thats why fish eat food and crap and plants eat crap and make food, not to mention how they exchange oxygen and carbon.

So please excuse everyone when you sound like the rest of the 60's freeks telling us to dry banana peels and smoke them. Youre going to need more than fish analogies to prove the science your claiming but instead of offering it your content with calling us ego filled fools.

If your half as committed to seeing if what your saying has any kind of truth to it as you are to calling your peer community fools then why dont you at least try to apply some real science to it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_blind

First, I'm speaking how I feel and it is sad that most people will talk shit about something without experiencing or thinking deep about it first.

Secondly, I said sam will have to tell others about the thca found in vapor.

GET IT RIGHT.

Last edited:

miklittle

Heat converts THCA and CBDA into THC. 250 F for 30 min.
http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/
A rice cooker cooks at 250, perfect for cooking oils and green dragon.
Never overcook or overheat.
Cooked up some green dragon a couple years ago, used an 1/4 oz of Houston's best.
Ended up with an liquid once of green ever clear. 1 teaspoon put you away for a day.

Latest posts

Latest posts