What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

USING LEMON JUICE TO MAKE CANNABIS STRONGER!

T

Truthman

Since no one wants to try this method or even believes it works, I figured I would take it down because I don't want this thread to turn into a debate on theories.

I just wanted to pass along knowledge on something that most people don't know about. Peace.

Last edited:

7ate9

Interesting, if someone had a more detailed tutorial to doing it I would give it a try! *terrible at doing things* Plus I love lemon so it would be perfect.

T

Truthman

Jack D Ripper said:
that sounds like pseudo-science to me... Im pretty sure theres no such thing as "THCA"

THCA is the enzyme which makes thc. Most people don't cure their plants properly and when people test herb for thc concentration, most of the time its the thca that they're counting not thc itself.

Here's more info:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/e..._uids=16024552&query_hl=1&itool=pubmed_docsum

Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid synthase, the enzyme controlling marijuana psychoactivity, is secreted into the storage cavity of the glandular trichomes.
Sirikantaramas S, Taura F, Tanaka Y, Ishikawa Y, Morimoto S, Shoyama Y.

Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3-1-1 Maidashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka, 812-8582 Japan.

Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) synthase is the enzyme responsible for the production of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive component of marijuana (Cannabis sativa L.). We suggest herein that THCA is biosynthesized in the storage cavity of the glandular trichomes based on the following observations. (i) The exclusive expression of THCA synthase was confirmed in the secretory cells of glandular trichomes by reverse transcription-PCR (RT-PCR) analysis. (ii) THCA synthase activity was detected in the storage cavity content. (iii) Transgenic tobacco expressing THCA synthase fused to green fluorescent protein showed fluorescence in the trichome head corresponding to the storage cavity. These results also showed that secretory cells of the glandular trichomes secrete not only metabolites but also biosynthetic enzyme.

PMID: 16024552 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Last edited:
does soaking in lemon juice qualify as "non-enzymatic decarboxylation"? I got as far as organic chem in college, and this stuff is still way beyond me. How exactly do lemon juice and "thc acid" interact?

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
lemon juice might be able to decarboxylize it...does it bubble in the lemon juice? otherwise our friend fire/heat does a good job of decarboxylation
no need to get yours buds lemony...just use heat....plus you cant beat a good batch of brownies....

but also, doing this wont/cant make it more potent to smoke cause the heat decarboxylizes it just fine, no need to heat delta-9 up anymore than necessary....

Last edited:
T

Truthman

Here's info on ceviche:

http://www.latartinegourmande.com/2...es-et-kumquats-scallops-ceviche-and-kumquats/

"Although it is obvious that there is no heat source used, I describe the chemistry that happens between the fish and the lemon juice as a cooking process. The power of lemon juice! So strong! The chemistry offered by lemon juice enables the fish flesh to become firmer. Usually when fish is cooked with heat, the protein is “denatured“. The citric acid of the lemon juice has the same effect. So is it cooked? Raw? When I use the word cooked, P. always looks at me and says, “it is not cooked Béa!” to which I respond very quickly: mais si, c’est cuit! (of course it is cooked). What does he know? Whatever word we decide to use, I can only say this: ceviche is good. As a matter of fact, many of the guests I have served the following dish to did not even notice that the fish had not been cooked. It combined a beautiful blend of fresh flavours, enhanced by kumquats."

Reality

Ok so I let the herb sit in a bowl of lemon juice over night.. When I wake up, how do I rinse it with water? And then its fine to smoke?

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
but lemon juicing it before you smoke it is just doing the same thing as the heat will but before. and if you do it before you smoke it, it seems to me you may run the risk of burning more THC away since more energy goes straight at the molecule instead of first trying to decarboxylize it....oh well i never tried it and maybe i should but nonetheless i am skeptical of any real change in potency...and takin 2-3 less hits isnt worth the effort, IMO
let us know how it goes though reality, if you try it...

I'm interested in this as a way to eat raw cannbis, but what about the resin glands, they're sharp and make tiny wounds in your mouth & throat?

G

If you chomped down one of my buds raw your throat would look like hamburger haha.I don't think thats how it works man,no mark of Zorro from trichromes

I've read enough texts on the internet to assume that that is true. It's on a microscopical level of course so you don't notice. Maybe it's on such a tiny level that it doesnt really matter.
What can be done about that other than not eating raw, nothing I guess. Or is it not true, who can tell us?

7ate9

Bart, Don't most of us burn a lot of the THC anyways with a lighter? Only people getting the best effect are the ones using a vape.

Latest posts

Latest posts