What's new

Using anti-freeze to protect outdoor grow from deer.

M

moose eater

I haven't grown anything outdoors in decades.

That aside, I have a dick-head neighbor down the road a piece who intended to poison a specific dog with anti-freeze, baiting said dog with chicken bones in a bowl that were saturated in the anti-freeze, as well as liquid in the bowl.

As is common with such endeavors, as well as set-guns, the dog he killed was not the target pup, but rather his next-door neighbors' cherished family pet, and favorite among a group of pups they had at that time.

Later on, the same individual lied about circumstances (with a witness to refute the asshole's story), and he shot (with a 12-gauge) a stray that was standing at the end of his driveway. A very nice, calm, well-behaved dog, that, after serious surgery, was adopted by the vet who partially healed the pup..

My dogs are my family, and I am closer to them than nearly any human being on the planet. Had he done what he did to one of my pups, there's scant doubt in my mind I'd have killed him.

A former client in mh tried to off himself by drinking a small quantity of anti-freeze, spent a time on kidney dialysis while incarcerated, and was miraculously healed over time (one of those cases where someone who'd harmed -many- very young persons, was spared by some inexplicable miracle, and I scratched my head hard, wondering what Supreme Deity would spare such a person?)

So yes, I have some amount of experience with deaths and injuries caused by anti-freeze. The organs fail, starting with the kidney, and it progresses from there. Ugliness.

The fellow the OP references is a complete asshole.

Fellow I know down in SouthCentral had his best buddy, his dog, poisoned by a neighbor, similar in play to the neighbor I have, as the person leaving out the poison was targeting another dog, and instead killed my acquaintance's pup.. He caught the fellow who had killed his pup, crossing his property one day, and pistol whipped the shit out of him. Literally.

If you seek out trappers' associations, sporting goods stores that cater to trappers, etc., you can find scent lures based in wolf piss or other predator urine. Never tried it, but it's been used as often as blood meal, I'd suspect.

And it kills nothing.