What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Use 2000w to produce 4000w....

Herborizer

Veteran
The concept is complete bs. Perpetual energy doesn't exist. If it did, it wouldnt be used for grows. It would revolutionize the world.

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
I just think for that much money, the size, wieght, and just the look of it, it has to do something...i mean i dont know too many ppl who drop the same amount for a hyundai for a grow room ornament

the Titanic was Huge, expensive and very heavy, and just by the look of it also had to do something,
it did it sunk :tiphat:

marrdogg

Veteran
Have not seen one of these either. But in theory it should work, no electrician but it's kinda like splitting a 240v for two 120v but reversed which in turn would let it carry a heavier load.

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
Have not seen one of these either. But in theory it should work, no electrician but it's kinda like splitting a 240v for two 120v but reversed which in turn would let it carry a heavier load.

in theory that is good but in the real world where you have coils and other parts to the circuit (smoothing cap's etc) you will always loose out
as every component will generate heat / waste therefore less efficient than before the step down

like energy saving light bulbs, they need less power as less of it is turned to heat
thats why energy bulbs are cooler to touch than an incandescent bulb
about half there energy is turned to heat not usable light

HempHut

I can't resist:

Homer: "Lisa, get in here!"

Lisa: "What?"

Homer: *points at the perpetual motion machine going faster and faster*

Homer: "In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Please check the plug when you go take pics, I assumed it was a normal 110V plug, if it is a 220v I wonder what type of plug it is. If it is just running 220 in and splitting to 110 you will not halve your usage, watts used will still be watts used.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
just got back from the shop.....

NO ONE has heard of these......

that includes the owner of 4 shops, a Sunsytem rep and i personally called Tregg of American Agritech to get the skinny....

no sure what to say other then it sounds cool, hopefully its the real deal.....

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
sorry, I don't care what the video's say
you can not get more out than you put in, its impossible

BTW this is not a personal attack on the OP or anyone else in this thread
but I have a degree in radio electronics and I know for a fact you can't get 4000w from 2000w, without effecting the voltage or load
its basic Ohm's law V = I x R, to double the wattage you need to double the voltage or half the resistance (your bulb in this case)

even if its a 240 - 110 conversion fine you can double the wattage out but at a cost
as you half the voltage to achieve it
even then it will only be about 90% effective due to heat loss in the transformer coils

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
An electromagnetic motor generator works fully off the grid by using magnets to create perpetual motion. A perpetual motion device refers to a machine which runs indefinitely and produces a larger amount of energy than it consumes. Therefore, it produces free green energy continuously to light up your entire house.

The concept by which this machine works is very simple. We know that when two magnets are brought close, they may repel or attract depending on which ends are brought together. This overunity motor generates power from the uninterrupted movement created from the resistance of the magnets.

Only costs 50 dollars for the download to change the world ....

Bargain.

PorkSword

Its not a power generator..Its a Cash generator.

you walk in to the shop and plunk down the cash and go home with your new toy.

the shop owner just generated a wad of cash..

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
Perpetual motion describes hypothetical machines that operate or produce useful work indefinitely and, more generally, hypothetical machines that produce more work or energy than they consume, whether they might operate indefinitely or not.

There is undisputed scientific consensus that perpetual motion in a closed system would violate the first law of thermodynamics and/or the second law of thermodynamics. Machines which extract energy from seemingly perpetual sources—such as ocean currents—are indeed capable of moving "perpetually" (for as long as that energy source itself endures), but they are not considered to be perpetual motion machines because they are consuming energy from an external source and are not closed systems. Similarly, machines which comply with both laws of thermodynamics but access energy from obscure sources are sometimes referred to as perpetual motion machines, although they also do not meet the standard criteria for the name.

Despite the fact that successful closed system perpetual motion devices are physically impossible in terms of our current understanding of the laws of physics, the pursuit of perpetual motion remains popular.

buyer beware

Harvest

Interesting stuff!

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools."
Napoleon Bonaparte

"It always seems impossible until its done."
Nelson Mandela

Remember when the earth was flat?

-H

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whatever it is , its being sold to the grower market for a reason , same one for bullshit nutes , special water and crappy led arrays that target this market rather than hugely more profitable legal markets that would require actual proof.

There are enougth people with money and a naive belief in advertised hype to make it profitable.

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
there are certain things that can't be done
you can't make 4000l of water from 2000l without adding more water or something to generate h2o

I often use water as a medium to explain electrical circuits where current is pressure
flow rate is voltage
same theory applies to increase the pressure (wattage) to double you need to double the
flow rate or restrict nozzle (resistance)

same way you can't double the wattage without doubling the voltage or halving the load

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
i understand, the basic laws of physics,what goes up must come down..ect....

i will take pics and ask the guy for a demonstration and i will video it, that way we will all understand what this thing is and how it works....