What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

US Gov Puts Bid Out To Grow & Research Cannabis!!?!

MMAJAY

Its called legal drug dealers,lmao. The gov can do as they plz. I wonder if said bid winner can charge the same amout of actual cash value that they say its worth when your busted??????

Last edited:

rooted

wow, talk about a double standard. they want to package and distribute marijuana cigarettes while they're still out there shutting down dispensaries and kicking doors in ?! BULLSHIT!! they should decriminalize nationwide first, or else i'm gonna citizens arrest obama's punk ass :D

4saken

They want people to make cannabis cigarettes to distribute to research facilities, this could be really good.

quadracer

Its called legal drug dealers,lmao. The gov can do as they plz. I wonder if said bid winner can charge the same amout of actual cash value that they say its worth when your busted??????

This is great news! The government hasn't opened up production, and exclusively grows marijuana for their research at the University of Mississippi. They have a monopoly on growing for research and grow shitty weed.

The case going now is Craker v. DEA.

litebuzz

really good???? i wouldn't trust the government! don't forget when you work for them, they put a microscope up your ass so they can monitor everything you do. yum!

sunwukong

This has bad news written all over it. They'll do some half ass study, determine cannabis has no health benefits, gives you cancer, killed John Kennedy and his brother Bobby, caused global warming (still don't get a straight answer on that from them), and is the number one cause of widespread shenanigans. The goverment only does one thing when it gets involved in things like this. Lie. Lie like wmd's in Iraq. Then when the dust settles and people figure things out for themselves, old uncle sam can blame it on whoever conducts this study and claim, "we acted on the best information we had at the time.". Keep pot illegal or make it legal. For the love of god, don't start doing studies on it. Nobody in America listens to them about mj anyway. Haven't since the 1950's. They've been wrong ever since the day they paid any attention to it. What makes you think they'll get it right now? Shit, if my goverment ever made sense here in America, I don't think I would know what to do.

quadracer

This has bad news written all over it. They'll do some half ass study, determine cannabis has no health benefits, gives you cancer, killed John Kennedy and his brother Bobby, caused global warming (still don't get a straight answer on that from them), and is the number one cause of widespread shenanigans. The goverment only does one thing when it gets involved in things like this. Lie. Lie like wmd's in Iraq. Then when the dust settles and people figure things out for themselves, old uncle sam can blame it on whoever conducts this study and claim, "we acted on the best information we had at the time.". Keep pot illegal or make it legal. For the love of god, don't start doing studies on it. Nobody in America listens to them about mj anyway. Haven't since the 1950's. They've been wrong ever since the day they paid any attention to it. What makes you think they'll get it right now? Shit, if my goverment ever made sense here in America, I don't think I would know what to do.

Wow you must be really upset about what they are doing RIGHT NOW with marijuana, because this is a huge step in the right direction.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
US Gov ought to look to none other than the fine growing members of International Cannagraphic Magazine. Uh, that is if it doesn't get anybody busted. :biglaugh:

sunwukong

Quadracer, I hope I'm wrong, but they haven't given me any hope at all. The last time the federal goverment did any in depth research into cannabis, it was the Laguardia Study in the thirties. When the research came out and cannabis was found to be of no great social danger, Ainslinger and the Federal Narcotics Bureau screamed conspiracy, deemed the Laguardia erroneous and went on several years later to say it had less medicinal value than cocaine and heroin. Meanwhile people all over the U.S. are getting high, working jobs and living their lives without becoming junkies, rapists and murderers. This goes on for several years until someone some day that smoking weed really takes the edge off chemo. So now they are not only wrong about the social consquences of herb, but the medicinal value as well. Private studies are done, more pros to legalizing arise, less danger is revealed and now the U.S. is being told its wrong not only by "hippies" but Doctors and medical profession unions.

sunwukong

They are embarassed. This will be some bs study to bring up on foxnews the next time they are getting slammed by facts when debating the guys at mpp or norml. That fat NIDA lady is running on empty 2 minutes into an interview with Kampia. A rebutle study for the prohibitionists.

MMAJAY

US Gov ought to look to none other than the fine growing members of International Cannagraphic Magazine. Uh, that is if it doesn't get anybody busted. :biglaugh:
Thats very funny. I thought the same thing that came to your mind. SETUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H

hazedandinfused

for all those not wanting to take link

The National Institute on Drug Abuse is soliciting proposals from qualified organizations having the capability to (1) grow, harvest, analyze, store and distribute GMP grade cannabis (marijuana) on large and small scales; (2) extract cannabis to obtain purified phytocannabinoids including delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-9-THC), analyze, and store; (3) prepare marijuana cigarettes and related products; and (4) distribute marijuana, marijuana cigarettes and cannabinoids, and other related products for research and other Government programs upon NIDA authorization. Offeror must possess suitable and secure DEA approved outdoor and indoor growing facilities, research laboratory with appropriate analytical instruments, and experienced personnel to conduct the project tasks. Appropriate DEA approved secure facility for manufacturing of marijuana cigarettes, and their storage, and DEA Schedule I registration for marijuana and THC are essential. NIDA anticipates a 1-year with four 1 year options cost reimbursement type contract will be awarded. Additional quantity options for manufacturing cigarettes may also be required. In order to handle substances under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, it is mandatory that offerors possess a DEA Research Registration for Schedules II to V and demonstrate the capability to obtain a DEA registration for Schedule I controlled substances.

what organizations are going to be bidding to grow weed for the dea i wonder?
johnson and johnson cannibus wing???

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
what organizations are going to be bidding to grow weed for the dea i wonder?
johnson and johnson cannibus wing???

NIDA anticipates a 1-year with four 1 year options cost reimbursement type contract will be awarded.
"Cost reimbursement" isn't a motivator for profit centers. "Cost plus" contracts would probably see industry titans like Archer Daniels Midland and Monsanto, just to name a couple. If this turns into a "cost plus" scenario, watch as large AG companies merge with cigarette mfgs.

This is what defense industry companies do when they see dollar signs written on the wall. General Electric made $3.8 billion off Uncle Sam in 2004, the last time figures were available. If they don't make it, they hostile takeover a company that does. Uncle Sam is the best customer in the world. If we can't pay the bill, we just print some more damn money!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Just my opinion, profit will motivate decriminalization more than any other factor in the US. Let's face it. Profit motivates our health care system as a whole. That said, I doubt you'll see ADM marijuana commercials on the Sunday talk shows.

What better way to test the potential profit margin (if future legislation provides) than to perform cost analysis? I'm no businessman but putting all this into government sponsored commercial production might be a step in the right direction.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
I don't get it. They just turned down the U of Mass, who applied for a license to grow mj for research in the US. It was a big deal, the last act of the Bush administration. They had hoped after Obama got into office the feds would reconsider. But no. So the feds already have a facility ready and waiting for approval. Why solicit bids? Something seems not quite right.

In order to handle substances under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, it is mandatory that offerors possess a DEA Research Registration for Schedules II to V and demonstrate the capability to obtain a DEA registration for Schedule I controlled substances.

So how in the hell can anyone obtain a DEA registration to handle Schedule I??? They DON'T give them out. :jerkit:

I don't get it. They just turned down the U of Mass, who applied for a license to grow mj for research in the US. It was a big deal, the last act of the Bush administration. They had hoped after Obama got into office the feds would reconsider. But no. So the feds already have a facility ready and waiting for approval. Why solicit bids? Something seems not quite right.

I gotta agree, TA. This doesn't add up.

Latest posts

Latest posts