What's new

US AG bans asset sizure

armedoldhippy

Veteran
most excellent! that should slow the fucking thieves down some! now someone needs to file a lawsuit & make them return all of the cash/cars/homes etc they have been stealing all this time...:dance013:

Allendawg

I'm skeptical! I hope its true but with the Indian reservation thing & now this I wouldn't be surprised if Obama is setting everyone up to be taken down by the (brain washed)Republicans then using it against the republicans! I don't believe for 1 second Liberals have our best interest in mind!

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hell must be freezing over - Holder is doing something right? Waiting for the other shoe to drop................................

JointOperation

yup.. I read the first US AG on infowars.. and was pumped.. then I looked up a lot of the shit.. and realized.. that the only thing this says is that.. basically.. any local leo.. that pulls you over on a traffic violation.. cant seize your shit for claiming wrong doing. but state laws will get tougher.. I don't think they should be allowed to seize anything without prior knowledge and evidence. not just suspicion

mowood3479

Veteran
I won't criticize a step in the right direction however small or futile as it may b in the long run.
I'm just glad that we still have newspapers doing exposes on the blatant government sanctioned theft that has been going down...
Policing for profit is a fucking disgrace....

St. Phatty

I won't criticize a step in the right direction however small or futile as it may b in the long run.
I'm just glad that we still have newspapers doing exposes on the blatant government sanctioned theft that has been going down...
Policing for profit is a fucking disgrace....

Yeap, that's about how I feel.

I tried to contact a neighbor who the police hauled off after a fight with his girlfriend.

He had worked with me and a few other neighbors cutting down trees, giving ANOTHER neighbor the wood.

So, thought I should visit.

WRONG !

Talk about a PAY-wall.

$1 a minute phone bullshit in the US. It's like the dude disappeared - and that's just for a domestic violence rap.

Thought I'd drop off a chocolate bar or something. FORGET IT, no can do.

Basically, more signs of the economic collapse of the US.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I'm skeptical! I hope its true but with the Indian reservation thing & now this I wouldn't be surprised if Obama is setting everyone up to be taken down by the (brain washed)Republicans then using it against the republicans! I don't believe for 1 second Liberals have our best interest in mind!

Or maybe it just is what it appears to be, a move in the right direction like allowing state level cannabis legalization & directives wrt sentencing reform.

It places huge pressure on Congress & State authorities to reform forfeiture laws.

JointOperation

nope.. a step in the right direction would be not violating our rights when being a medical marijuana card holder period..
they fucked up.. and now they are going to run this country into what they always wanted.. PRISON INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX.. by the time we hit 2050 we will have more people in jail then walking around the country.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
nope.. a step in the right direction would be not violating our rights when being a medical marijuana card holder period..
they fucked up.. and now they are going to run this country into what they always wanted.. PRISON INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX.. by the time we hit 2050 we will have more people in jail then walking around the country.

wouldn't it be simpler to put the NON-criminals behind barbed wire & let the guards protect them from all of us "criminals" outside? if there are more of US than there are of THEM, it would be more cost effective & take up less space to put THEM in jail...:tiphat:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ya right.. is it april fools??? ... Nevada is notorious for car stops and cash siezures..don't think they will stop any time soon...I don't fuck around when I go there..

Kozmo

Veteran
Wrong, wrong, wrong! It'll be a step in the right direction when weed grows as freely as data tulips and tomatoes.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Wrong, wrong, wrong! It'll be a step in the right direction when weed grows as freely as data tulips and tomatoes.

Heh. I'm all for that ultimate goal. We won't get there like walking through a portal to another dimension, or waving a magic wand, either.

Forfeiture is a bigger issue than that by a long ways. It applies to all kinds of people who don't have anything to do with cannabis. They take cash from anybody when they can say it might be for drugs. They take people's houses when their tenants or at home adult children sell any illegal substance out of the place. They take people's cars for soliciting a prostitute. They seize bank accounts over large cash deposits. It legitimizes theft by cop.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ya in florida you can pay for a blowjob and still get fucked......they love to get your ride for buying a dimebag or hooker...

mowood3479

Veteran
Civil forfeiture makes me more sick to my stomach then any of the antiquated and foolhardy drug laws we have in the us.
Civil forfeiture is straight armed robbery, it really is fucking crazy that its even a thing.
I'm going to bed. I weep for our children

armedoldhippy

Veteran
tennessees AG said the other day that the state will stop it as well. certain counties in east Tennessee call a dog in for EVERY SINGLE traffic stop in hopes of it alerting so they can rob you. I'm not naming names, but one of the very worst offenders initials are UNICOI county (where Erwin is, where they hung Mary the murderous circus elephant) between Johnson City & North Carolina on I-26 heading toward Sams Gap going toward Asheville... avoid this place like the ebola virus if you know what is good for you!