What's new

Ur Favorite Beer?

diggle

I would def. consider myself a beer geek, and a lover of IPA's. You are on the right track with stuff like pliny and racer5.....For readily available IPA's I recommend Alpha King pale, Dreadnaught IPA (both from Three Floyds)....Goose Island's Imperial IPA is very good as well, as is Victory's HopDevil. Also Dogfish Head 90 minute.

Do you like any stouts or belgians at all?

diggle i love stouts and belgians...and have tried everything you listed...personally i think dogfish heads beers are mostly kinda lame and over boiled..to much carmelization....

Last edited:

trouble

Veteran
I perfer Scotch, however, my favorite Beers would be:

Kulmbacher Eisbock

Schneider Aventinus

Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock

Andechser Doppelbock Dunkel

........................................................................................................

diggle

For the most part I agree, although I do enjoy the 90 minute. Haven't bought anything else from them more than once. They are too far gone into gimmicky or ultra-high alcohol content beer like the peach/pumpkin/raisin ales, the 120 minute, worldwide stout etc. I am a big fan of 3 floyds and Victory though....have you had their storm king stout?

storm king stout is good..victory makes good shit, as does troegs..ever try flying dogs porter?? trouble i have tried everything you listed, but most imports are old and warm by the time they get to the states...alot are subject to oxidation..and are not a good representation of the fresh beer....now scotch makes the trip just fine...and i love me some islay..

TwoOhSix!

Shame on all who think Budweiser is good beer.
I'm no geek but I don't like cheap beer, I prefer Mack n Jacks, the wheat and their porter is good too. I like porters the most, Black Butte (Dechutes), Black Hook (Red Hook)

actually budweiser is making a big push to take over the craft beer industry...they are buying up regional breweries like crazy...buds number 2 ...miller s.a.b is the big boy now that they bought coors... bud has to find a way to stay in the game...so they want to buy nastalgic local names...like miller did wth pabst ,olympia, schlitts ...and market them to the "cool" kids...

Budweiser is a good beer for people who don't like beer and prefer pop (soda). My preferences:Guiness
Heiniken
Grolsch
Newcastle Brown Ale
Moosehead Pale Ale
Alpine Lager

RED145

All time favorite=Duvel....everyday drinkin=Becks or St.Paulie Girl :wave:
Anything buy Sam Adams I find tasty too!!

Last edited:

diggle

I always thought shitty beer was for people who smoked shitty herb.....thoughtless consumption. If you demand that your bud is of high quality why not the same for your beer?

Mt Toaker

Originally being born in the same city as Bells Brewery pretty much anything by them I gotta love, though Oberon was a bit off last year. I love Dogfishhead, the 90 min IPA is so good, I want to try the 120 but I'm not about to pay $9 for a 12oz bottle. Had some good stuff from Breckenridge Brewery, it was like 13% and tasty as hell. I hate most domestics. . . .

Orangecrush

I'm not too big on beers, but I enjoy pale ales. Dogfish head is probably the one I drink the most. I'm always open to suggestions though.

diggle

The 120 is over the top....spend your $9 on a 22oz Dreadnaught IPA if you haven't tried it already. Bell's two-hearted used to be one of my favorite all-time IPA's, but now you can't get it in my state due to some archaic legislation. Distributors only wanted to sell the Oberon and Bell wanted to sell their full line; some BS law prevented them from cutting ties with the distributors w/o some kind of fine, and so they left the state entirely. Lame.

Last edited:

zomg1

olympia when im low on cash..
mgd, corona, pacifico if i have cash..
bud light/coors light if im sitting around watching hockey.

Latest posts

Latest posts